Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that Paul Stewart?

Swear I mix those 2 up all the time.
I know I've seen articles saying both were delisted on the afl site. Maybe there was an error in the initial reporting and the O'Shea articles have been pulled.

I'm not sure about his athleticism but Darcy Cameron from Claremont kicked 36 goals this season in addition to spending considerable ruck time (averaged over 20 hit outs per game).

He also improved his marking average to above 5 a game.

He's certainly worthy of a list spot. Especially considering he's getting better at hitting the scoreboard.
Topdog always talked about him

Hey lads sorry to intrude but what is everyone's thoughts on Bailey Dale? Will he make it?

Stagnated a lot this season. Has pace, good skills and smarts, but lacks impact and his body isn't developing the way it should. He doesn't really have an inside game either.

If I had to guess I'd say by season end next year he will be on the trade table. If he has value that is. Too many in front of him.

Hey lads sorry to intrude but what is everyone's thoughts on Bailey Dale? Will he make it?

Interesting player. Shows a bit, very good kick, just doesn't seem to take the game by the scruff of the neck regularly at vfl level, but when he does he looks a cut above.

Not sure what he has to do to 'make it' other than adding some bulk and endurance and physical presence. Will be competing for spots with other youngsters Webb and Williams, but he might not get a full crack until Murphy, Boyd, Morris, Picken and Dickson finish up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stagnated a lot this season. Has pace, good skills and smarts, but lacks impact and his body isn't developing the way it should. He doesn't really have an inside game either.

If I had to guess I'd say by season end next year he will be on the trade table. If he has value that is. Too many in front of him.
I reckon this is the minority view but I agree.

Was always going to take time to grow into his body, has a huge preseason in front of him... I think the club will give him the time he needs and will make it.

I'd rather we'd have upgraded Roarke Smith. I'm happy Prudden is being re-rookied. Don't think he'll ever break into our best 22 but deserves another season with a fit body.

Would be surprised if we didn't pick up a DFA now, it looks likely that after the Stevens and Cloke trades that 50 will be our last selection. Not overly keen on any of them at the moment. I'd happily take Xavier Richards although I think he is very similar to Cordy and I think Cordy is better both as a forward and defender. Litherland, Schade and Cameron are in the same boat but I guess we shouldn't be expecting a DFA to be anything more than depth.

I'd rather we'd have upgraded Roarke Smith. I'm happy Prudden is being re-rookied. Don't think he'll ever break into our best 22 but deserves another season with a fit body.

Would be surprised if we didn't pick up a DFA now, it looks likely that after the Stevens and Cloke trades that 50 will be our last selection. Not overly keen on any of them at the moment. I'd happily take Xavier Richards although I think he is very similar to Cordy and I think Cordy is better both as a forward and defender. Litherland, Schade and Cameron are in the same boat but I guess we shouldn't be expecting a DFA to be anything more than depth.
Biggs and Hamling turned out OK... If we can do it again it would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back