Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Schade delisted - recall we were interested a couple of years ago.
First round of the 2011 draft claims another scalp.

McKenzie, Kavanagh, Bootsma, Newman and now Schade have all been delisted within 5 years.

Sad day today at the K.B.F.C (Keegan Brooksby Fan Club) with
the great man being delisted . Have to return the play back
table tennis table now and the beers and tissues are getting
plenty of use. All the best big fella and thanks for all the
wonderful memories.:'(:'(:( Witts you prick.

Wonder if we will keep 75 instead of using it on a DFA and pick up a Ruck/KPP like McGregor (Western Jets), Peter Ladhams (Norwood), Rowan Marshall (North Ballarat Roosters) or Lloyd Meek (North Ballarat Rebels)

Very surprised Will Hams was de-listed. Looked a pretty nice developing talent, had some really solid AFL games and a couple BOG's at VFL level if I remember correctly. Would be behind too many for us, but a team like GC or Brisbane would be chatting to him for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has their own opinion but for me of the kids coming thru who are yet to establish their spot in the 22, Williams and Dale are standouts.

There is general consensus on Williams, who has elite vision, evasion and kicking abilities.

Dale is a little different and it's important to remind your self that playing forward - as Dale has, does and will - is tougher. He has some great attributes and has destroyed vfl games like few can. His pace is better than average but not extraordinary. But he knows where to run and his decision making is of a very high standard. His athleticism is elite and he runs and moves like a footballer.

In the Vfl he can look like a world beater. His done well at AFL level but just can not get enough of the ball at the higher level.

He is potentially an A grade outside player, who will kick opportunist goals, create play, hit targets and take big marks.

What He needs to do - as many have identified - is get stronger to build something resembling an inside game - so that he can contribute when his team mates can't get it to him. If he does this he will jump past a few and make the grade big time.

Young Players with a really strong nAtural inside game like McLean can hold their own very quickly - and progressively improve.

Dale doesn't have that advantage - but if he makes it - it won't be a progressive thing - he will suddenly be a big influence in games because what he does is of a very high quality.

Could still be anything.

Everyone has their own opinion but for me of the kids coming thru who are yet to establish their spot in the 22, Williams and Dale are standouts.

There is general consensus on Williams, who has elite vision, evasion and kicking abilities.

Dale is a little different and it's important to remind your self that playing forward - as Dale has, does and will - is tougher. He has some great attributes and has destroyed vfl games like few can. His pace is better than average but not extraordinary. But he knows where to run and his decision making is of a very high standard. His athleticism is elite and he runs and moves like a footballer.

In the Vfl he can look like a world beater. His done well at AFL level but just can not get enough of the ball at the higher level.

He is potentially an A grade outside player, who will kick opportunist goals, create play, hit targets and take big marks.

What He needs to do - as many have identified - is get stronger to build something resembling an inside game - so that he can contribute when his team mates can't get it to him. If he does this he will jump past a few and make the grade big time.

Young Players with a really strong nAtural inside game like McLean can hold their own very quickly - and progressively improve.

Dale doesn't have that advantage - but if he makes it - it won't be a progressive thing - he will suddenly be a big influence in games because what he does is of a very high quality.

Could still be anything.

Don't get me wrong here , cause I am a fan , but nowhere near where you are yebiga.
I have seen him play very well and very ordinary at VFL level in what is generally a very good team.
Never saw him as a " world beater " That seems a massive exaggeration to me.

Wonder if we will keep 75 instead of using it on a DFA and pick up a Ruck/KPP like McGregor (Western Jets), Peter Ladhams (Norwood), Rowan Marshall (North Ballarat Roosters) or Lloyd Meek (North Ballarat Rebels)
It's a thought, fair chance Hawthorn could be using one of their picks on a ruck with Ceglar injured and Fitzpatrick delisted so we might be slipping in ahead of them.

Very surprised Will Hams was de-listed. Looked a pretty nice developing talent, had some really solid AFL games and a couple BOG's at VFL level if I remember correctly. Would be behind too many for us, but a team like GC or Brisbane would be chatting to him for sure.
Wow

Thought he was very good late in the season, surely Colyer and Fantasia aren't that much better

Don't get me wrong here , cause I am a fan , but nowhere near where you are yebiga.
I have seen him play very well and very ordinary at VFL level in what is generally a very good team.
Never saw him as a " world beater " That seems a massive exaggeration to me.

He's only 18, in his first season of senior football- of course he is only going to have the odd quiet game. His games for the senior team were very good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back