Mega Thread Trade/Draft/Delist SuperMegaUltrathread - 2016/17 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure we are in the business of winning flags, I think we once were but I think the business of being a community orientated club is first and foremost the priority. Winning would be a bonus but still to this day have I seen a nice team win a flag.
Yep it seems the way we roll these days, even Cransberg said in his interview about governance and corporate brand is more important than winning.

You do realise the entire "community" image is just a public face for the club and isn't actually what happens behind the scenes?

What the executives say in interviews doesn't mean the players and coaches don't strive to win a premiership.

Be an interesting couple of weeks. Wonder what kind of money Darling is on at the moment?
Getting away from Darling talk does anyone know how many players GWS actually need to take in this years draft?
No delistings have been announced so far that I've seen or could find

McCarthy, Steele and Marchbank have all asked to be traded

Stewart, Tomlinson and Hoskin-Elliot are said to be considering their options

They also have to reduce their list size by two so if the above 6 were to be their only departures then they'd only have 4 list spots to fill

They already have picks 7,15,16,32 and 34 (and 52) without the other trades. They're going to have a surplus of picks you'd think but they're likely to balance up trades and you can foresee Carlton somehow getting the lions share of those thanks to the silvagni connection

Be nice if we can jump in their somehow with some pick shuffling but anything like that will probably be last day of trading

SPPs kicking isn't that sloppy imo.

He was the best at the combine for goalkicking accuracy, so his field kicking shouldn't be that tough to turn elite if that's anything to go by.

Well he just posted the only perfect score in the goal kicking test at the combine.

Obviously his field kicking and decision making is an issue?

Saying that I still remember Dane Swan kicking a few helicopter passes, they just wobbled straight onto someones chest of through the goals.:D

raw

But yeah it's his kicking under pressure that is highly suspect

[QUOTE="2006_Eagles, post: 47195401, member:

Has ever been an AFL/VFL trade where both teams agreed to swap one star for another?[/QUOTE]

Wayne Schwass and Shannon Grant

What do we think about Pickett from GWS ?
GWS seem keen to get rid of him, so would have to pass a medical on that foot problem of his.
He's also has high skin folds at the moment so will need to get fit
If he can recover from injuries we will have a exceptional player. but there question marks around attitude to recovery.
Though a lot of that maybe home sickness.
I think worth a gamble on a pick down grade.

GWS seem keen to get rid of him, so would have to pass a medical on that foot problem of his.

19f2a6c6-a05c-4a35-8cf4-4a6cd2882a10.gif

If he can recover from injuries we will have a exceptional player. but there question marks around attitude to recovery.

No I think we got this one covered ...Petrie / Balla / Clem Smith .

Definitely worth a gamble. Would love to get him, elite prospect at low value due to injury

I'd like a shot at him but at what cost?
A downgrade of which pick are you thinking?

Things like that make me want to stock up on picks this draft, there seems to be allot of clubs looking to off load players this year. Port shopped around what 6+ names?

That's what I posted.

But look how well we fixed Priddis.:D Priddis is heaps better than he was 3-4 years ago.

Tick....

Tick.....

:straining:
Judd couldn't kick either and nether can Dangerfield, Fyfe or Martin. They can however win their own ball, have explosive pace, can break tackles and handball to advantage and whilst not being overly accurate, can kick with penetration. From the small snippets I've seen of SPP he is able to also do this. Priddis is slow and can't kick over 40m. Great in and under player and a tackling machine who can win his own ball but has far more limitations to his game than SPP potentially has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it
12 + 31 for Pickett, 16 and 32?

Hopefully get 3rd rnd compo for brown.

In Pickett, 16 (SPP), 32, 3rd rnd (waterman), 3rd rnd compo, 4th rnd (ballabtyne, tho I rather not)

You do realise the entire "community" image is just a public face for the club and isn't actually what happens behind the scenes?

What the executives say in interviews doesn't mean the players and coaches don't strive to win a premiership.
Say one thing do another. Such a lack of clarity and honesty has a long history of ensuring poor performance.
I think you are wrong.

If Pickett's injury's as bad as what they say why isn't GWS sticking by a young recruit like Pickett , moral integrity lacking if they are trying to offload him or maybe Pickett wants out ?!

RE I have serious reservation about Pickett's long term health and durability.
The medical would need to be a glowing report as from memory hasn't he got serious foot issues.
He will only ever been a small mid as he dose not have the hunger for midfield duties.

If the cost was low I guess why not but again the medical would need to be good.

Just edited my post as I checked Pickett has a Lisfranc Injury ( One or more of the metatarsal bones are displaced from the tarsus ).
Its a pretty serious injury its what Dane Swan injured and prompted his retirement as it often doesn't heal sufficiently to play sport at the same level again. :( :eek:

Last edited:
I've said it before but that 2014 draft has been a disaster for GWS but they're the only club that could afford to burn 3 top 10 picks in one draft

Pickett and Ahern both have serious long term injuries whilst Marchbank has asked to be traded after 2 years

Would be crippling for any other club but nothing but a small blip for the giants

Something like that. SPP still a good chance to be there at 23 from what I've read although ideally you'd want a pick under 20 to be certain

The trade depends a lot on how determined we are to take SPP at 12 if that is in fact the case - if he's who we've locked in on then trading down a few spots and getting another pick around 30 as a result is not a bad idea. Basically like the sheed trade.

Depends on how highly the club rates other kids potentially available at 12 in comparison to the pepper shaker
SPP is overated severely on this board 2nd round pick at best

Edit : I'll add that as the players move for Free Agency to become easier I think the clubs will eventually push back for the right to trade players without needing their agreement. Then things will get interesting
I expect the negotiations on the player's share of the money will have a hard link to the clubs being able to sell the players to a new club of the old club's choice. If the players want to be draining more out of the pot - then they better start earning it. We cannot have it where players are selectively picking the benefits without wearing some of the pain.

Depends on whether you think he can be in our best 22 in 2017. If not, I would let him know we will make a bid for him in 2017 to play in 2018. If he is not travelling well, then his currency will go down further in 12 months.

As a No. 4 draft pick in 2014, I expect GWS to get greedy. They had picks 4, 6, 7, 23 and 24. They chose Pickett, Marchbank, Ahearn, McKenna and Steele. The 2014 draft is not looking so good now with Ahearn on an ACL late this year, Marchbank and Steele about to go Carlton and St Blunders and not sure of McKenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back