Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Would think we would only bring at least 2 new players from other clubs.

Have a feeling it will be Jetta and Anderson. Redden will be too hard to get across.

Happy with that.

Depends on how tight Brisbane are feeling.

Pick 17 should be enough for Redden.

Can play him on the HFF. Still a valuable part of the 22 despite being behind those players.
How many hfs are you going to have?

You can have 3 in the middle and 2 on the wing. Thats 5 mids. If Masten is The 9th mid, we have to fit another 4 on the flanks/bench for Masten to get a look in. 5 if Anderson makes his way ahead of Masten, which if Masten is the last chosen and needing to spend 75% of his time up forward will be dangerously close to happening

I know it's fashionable to have a team made up of 75% mids but there comes a tipping point.

How many hfs are you going to have?

You can have 3 in the middle and 2 on the wing. Thats 5 mids. If Masten is The 9th mid, we have to fit another 4 on the flanks/bench for Masten to get a look in. 5 if Anderson makes his way ahead of Masten, which if Masten is the last chosen and needing to spend 75% of his time up forward will be dangerously close to happening

I know it's fashionable to have a team made up of 75% mids but there comes a tipping point.

Would play Anderson over Hill in the forward line rather than Masten.

For all those saying that Masten is well and truly entrenched in our 22, I will say this

He is behind

Priddis, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed and will be behind Redden & Jetta and possibly Duggan and now Anderson

He will be the 8th or 9th midfeidler. Very close to missing out

So if we manage to trade in 3 mids, Masten might be outside of the best 22? With respect, that doesn't really put the argument to rest for the "not best 22" side.

Would play Anderson over Hill in the forward line rather than Masten.
Hill just kicked 40 goals in a season we played in the GF. Anderson has played 4 games, total. Why would you throw away 40 goals?

Well technically it's only 2 since I rate Duggan over Masten.

tumblr_inline_n4foafra0C1sew80h.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all those saying that Masten is well and truly entrenched in our 22, I will say this

He is behind

Priddis, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed and will be behind Redden & Jetta and possibly Duggan and now Anderson

He won't be behind Anderson ?

So if we manage to trade in 3 mids, Masten might be outside of the best 22? With respect, that doesn't really put the argument to rest for the "not best 22" side.
I wasn't saying he's not in our current 22. I was just disagreeing with those that said he was entirely untradeable and that no matter what happens will be firmly entrenched in our 22

Not to mention that those 3 mids are arguably not better than Masten anyway

If you're looking for a player to play 80% up forward and 20% through the middle, which is what an 8th or 9th string mid might find themselves doing, there's definitely a chance Masten finds himself behind Anderson.
It won't happen... Anderson will have to learn how to find the ball if he's going to keep Masten out

Redden is better as an inside/outside mid than Masten
Jetta is better than Masten on a wing, half forward and half back

A consistent and engaged Jetta who shows a willingness to adapt and fight for the ball - maybe. Time will tell if that's the Jetta who shows up.

Far from convinced about Redden.

He is behind

He is still in front of all those players you've mentioned besides Priddis, Shuey and Gaff. What you believe and what the match committee believe are very different things.

He is still in front of all those players you've mentioned besides Priddis, Shuey and Gaff. What you believe and what the match committee believe are very different things.
Who did Simpson turn to at the first bounce of the 2nd half to try and get us back in to the game in the GF? A midfield set up of Priddis, Shuey and Yeo with Gaff and Rosa on the wing and Masten at half forward

If Jetta and Redden come in, Masten will be pushed to half forward. If Masten wants to stay in, he'll need to kick more goals and have more goal assists if he's going to keep Anderson out...
Anderson averaged 10 disposals this year before he got dropped by the Hawks..I'll put money on that Masten will play more games next year than Anderson...If we get him..

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back