Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Redden is contracted. If we want him we will have to pay overs. Whatever that is

It's even overs for the initial required overs. For pick 14 I'd pass.

If we are keen on Jetta, we could do:
17 to Sydney for Jetta + 33 (Sydney's second),
33+37 (Selwood compo) to Brisbane for Redden,
36 to Hawthorn for Anderson.

The fact that Colledge asked to be traded indicates that somebody is interested in him - perhaps we could get an early 3rd rounder for him? Sydney would have to find a suitable trade for Sinclair if they want him badly.

The fact that Colledge asked to be traded indicates that somebody is interested in him - perhaps we could get an early 3rd rounder for him? Sydney would have to find a suitable trade for Sinclair if they want him badly.

I don't think either Brisbane or Hawthorn would accept those offers for contracted players.

"Just chuck Anderson in for Hill in the pocket......"

Seriously, do people honestly think that literally the final 22 spot is the forward pocket and just anyone can play it or something?

25 goals for Anderson in the VFL, 14 goals for Newman in the WAFL, 5 goals for Minson in the VFL...

If you think any of those players can beat Hills 40 goal effort, you are mistaken. And clearly have never played football.

That ain't gonna happen...

Hill was an inspired, low cost pickup that has paid dividends. But the fact of the matter is he is pretty inconsistent-such is life for a forward pocket I guess. Having a young player put pressure on him to perform can only be a good thing.

Hill may well replicate his 40 goal season, but if he doesn't, he will have to fight for his spot. As he should.

Hill was an inspired, low cost pickup that has paid dividends. But the fact of the matter is he is pretty inconsistent-such is life for a forward pocket I guess. Having a young player put pressure on him to perform can only be a good thing.

Hill may well replicate his 40 goal season, but if he doesn't, he will have to fight for his spot. As he should.

Same can be said of Masten. I miss the days of 2011 where he was actually dropped for his performances and he lifted another gear to come back.

2013 was his career best season, but i think he's regressed slightly in the 2 seasons since while he should have been continuing his development.

That wont get close to satisfying Brisbane or Hawthorn

I agree that pressure on his spot is healthy, but the crap Josh Hill gets on this board is ridiculous. Would people be saying the same thing if his name was Cyril Rioli?

Rioli kicked 42 goals in 24 games this year. Josh Hill kicked 40 in 22 games. Cyril won the Norm Smith. Josh won the Ross Glendenning.

It's about time people looked up and realised Hill is a lock for our best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that pressure on his spot is healthy, but the crap Josh Hill gets on this board is ridiculous. Would people be saying the same thing if his name was Cyril Rioli?

Rioli kicked 42 goals in 24 games this year. Josh Hill kicked 40 in 22 games. Cyril won the Norm Smith. Josh won the Ross Glendenning.

I just think every now and then he puts in a cringe worthy effort that supporters really hate

20th all time for goals at West Coast. Not bad for 4 seasons work.

Not bad for a trade of pick 49 either.

Who did Simpson turn to at the first bounce of the 2nd half to try and get us back in to the game in the GF? A midfield set up of Priddis, Shuey and Yeo with Gaff and Rosa on the wing and Masten at half forward
Meaningless statement.
We used to start games with Judd, Kerr and Stenglein, with Cousins on the HFF and Fletcher on the wing.
Does that mean we rated Stenglein higher than Cousins and Fletcher?

People need to pull their heads in.

As of right now Masten, Schofield and Hill are all in our best 22. Highly likely even if we get Jetta, Redden and Anderson.

Butler, Ellis, Rosa, Hutchings, Sinclair and based on the second half of the year Cripps are all more likely to be out of the team before any of them.

As of right now Masten, Schofield and Hill are all in our best 22. Highly likely even if we get Jetta, Redden and Anderson.

Butler, Ellis, Rosa, Hutchings, Sinclair and based on the second half of the year Cripps are all more likely to be out of the team before any of them.

Not sure if serious.

Agreed. Hill is a lock for 22, we do need someone who can put pressure on his spot.

He always has patches in seasons when he struggles and needs to freshen up. If Hill and Cripps/Lecras go down at the same time our only option is to play Newman and Yeo forward. We need another crumbing small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back