Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

"The level of compensation for losing our vice-captain is totally inadequate." Yep, the same vice-captain who failed to keep his spot in the best 22 and who we didn't even bother to force a trade for. Surely there's a bit of posturing going on here.
Exactly, the AFL can't be fooled into thinking Selwood was a gun. Need to snag Anderson now while we're on a roll.

That's a pretty pissweak sook tbh

Most posters here could see it was going to be a second round pick based on the rules released by the AFL. The club should not have been surprised by this decision and it looks petulant
I suspect they knew they were going to get this and just don't like the system (the same system that values Frawley at #3, Danger at #9 and Selwood at #37).

I put these highlights together of Jack back in his 2012 season, which was one of, if not his best at the Lions. Shows what he can do.

Quite sad to see him go. Quality character to have at a football club, and has been one of few shining lights for us in a very dark period.

I laughed way too hard at that video when I enabled sub-titles.

"To restore the balances for the principles of peace... The niles".

"Ass rate good".

That's a pretty pissweak sook tbh

Most posters here could see it was going to be a second round pick based on the rules released by the AFL. The club should not have been surprised by this decision and it looks petulant

Accepting this without negative comment would be irresponsible.

The system is broken, the system is a joke and it needs to be rebuild or done away with totally.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I suspect they knew they were going to get this and just don't like the system (the same system that values Frawley at #3, Danger at #9 and Selwood at #37).

Exactly. They're just using this case to make a broader point. Quite transparent in the way they chose to express their feelings.

Depends on the size of the contract he was given.

If it was 500k then its seemingly ok, anything more and we've been duped by the AFL.

Compensation should be assessed in a wholistic and qualitative sense.

It is.

How else do you explain pick 3 for Frawley? Do you reckon Frawley was in the top 5% salary in the AFL with Hawthorns playing list?

Melbourne got 'shitty team' bonus. We got a 'premiership contender' penalty.

The numbers are anything but arbitrary.

It is.

How else do you explain pick 3 for Frawley? Do you reckon Frawley was in the top 5% salary in the AFL with Hawthorns playing list?

Frawley got $700K+ by all reports.

The fact your finishing position affects it is a problem. That's how Frawley is worth more than Danger. If Nic had wanted to go somewhere this year the most we could've got for him was 18.

Overall Redden will be a good addition to the club. He'll come in around about 10th-15th best player on the list I reckon which will mean we are improving our 22 at a time when we are pushing for a flag. It goes without saying he plays a position and a role and style (inside, big body) that we are a bit deficient in, and that is just as important as improving the overall 22.

Yep, similar to Stenglein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is.

Buzz. And numbers are anything but qualitative and incapable of logic or reason. Their function here is limited to suit concepts that are yet to be proven.

Melbourne got a band 2 pick.
We got a band 3 pick.

That is the only thing that matters in an equitable system.

If you're constructing a compo system to make it flexible you should detach it from the clubs picks entirely and insert a pick according to the points value attributed. Like the new FS bidding system.

In such a system Melbourne wouldn't get a pick as high as 3 for a B grade defender and we wouldn't lose a B grade midfielder for the price of a 30 year old fringe player.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back