Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So I read that Redden will be a good replacement for Selwood, but Selwood wasn't actually in the best 22 so...

Maybe better to say he'd replace Hutchings from our 2015 22?

I feel like we do need an Ollie Wines or Patrick Cripps type midfielder. I don't think Redden is that guy although he would still be an upgrade.

I feel like we do need an Ollie Wines or Patrick Cripps type midfielder. I don't think Redden is that guy although he would still be an upgrade.

That could be Waterman though, but he won't get a chance whilst Priddis is still playing good footy unless he smashes the WAFL next year.

Quite simply if the club didn't think redden was capable of improving our list we wouldn't be talking to him.

Our list management the last couple of years has proven to be fairly good despite many of us questioning what they were doing at the time

We didn't chase many players last year, but the one we went hardest for (varcoe) had a strong season at collingwood and would have been a handy player for us if he'd come across.

I don't think we're wasting our time chasing redden even if the deal doesn't get done because the price was too high

If he does go in the draft, freo pick before us and could take him from under our nose
No they wont. Pretty sure both clubs have a gentleman's agreement not to f each other over in draft or trade, and to not go for each others players. If we find ourselves in a position to nab Jetta in the PSD then Freo will not go near him.

I reckon people are understating how much of an impact yeo can have in the middle next year. He's one who can really dominate the stoppages moving forward and I think he is ready to blossom with a full preseason with the midfield group.

Sheed should improve also.

Still I can see why we're chasing redden, winning the contested ball was something simmo constantly referred to. Also makes the Jetta acquisition a little questionable, surely his role has to be in the forward 50 and not through the middle.

Still I can see why we're chasing redden, winning the contested ball was something simmo constantly referred to. Also makes the Jetta acquisition a little questionable, surely his role has to be in the forward 50 and not through the middle.
Jetta on one wing, Gaff on the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know today dad asked me "who is our other winger, besides Gaff" and I couldn't answer. Then it hit me like a sack of bricks why we've been chasing Jetta.
That was Masten training the house down

Considering trade week starts tommorrow do you think the afl will let us know pretty quickly what our compo for selwood is if we don't match it .
We have three players on our radar and need all our currency to work out deals

Potential round 1 team for 2016:

B: S.Wellingham, E. Mckenzie, S.Hurn

HB: W. Schofield, M. Brown, B.Sheppard

C: L. Jetta, M.Priddis, A. Gaff

HF: E. Yeo, J.Darling, J.Mcgovern

F: M.LeCras, J.Kennedy, J. Cripps

Foll: N.Naitanui, D.Sheed, L.Shuey

Inter: C.Masten, J. Redden, J. Anderson, L. Duggan

This team immediately seems a lot stronger to me mainly because it improves our bottom 6 . Potential changes would be for Lycett to come in and sit on the bench and for Schofield to drop out for either Ellis or Butler. Both Anderson and Jetta provide pace and good goal scoring from the midfield and Duggan and redden add class and depth. I would also think Anderson would get a game in front of Cripps if push came to shove. I liken him to a Walters type player who is proficient in front of goal but more then capable in the midfield.

Notable ins:
Mckenzie
Brown
Jetta
Redden
Anderson
Duggan

Notable outs:
Sinclair
Ellis
Butler
Rosa
Hutchings
Hill
Brown not a walk up start in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Brisbane want a first round pick + quality player for Redden , Masten being mentioned .

Sinclair offered 1.5 million over four season's by Swans , West Coast cannot match .

Capuano being courted by West Coast to join the coaching staff .

I wouldn't be too upset if Masten got traded out. Would get rid of one of the many undersized turnover magnets we got in the middle.

Considering the lack of difference in quality between Masten and Redden, Masten + Pick 17 for him is extortionate. I suppose Brisbane are well within their rights though to start the negotiations there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back