List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still 3 Weeks to Trade Period to lot can Change plus just what Media Heard and there are known to be Wrong

My personal favourite was a couple of years ago:

Reporter "Collingwood and Moore are miles apart with negotiations"

BF "F*ck this club! I'm roasting my membership and moving to Ecuador!"

30 minutes later...

Collingwood twitter account "Moore has re-signed. "

That's not what I was asking about. I was questioning whether following up Rendell's he could be traded to the Swans on the same salary we had to agreed to pay him in light of his play the past year. Perhaps he will come good, perhaps he won't. I am sure they would use his ordinary form this year to knock the price down e.g. insist Collingwood pay part of his salary. Of course, this is all hypothetical.
I think 6 years of form trumps 1 year, and particularly given the tough year we had and los he had to shoulder. Either way as you say hypothetical and it won’t happen.

Wait I thought this was about Lewis?

In all honesty wouldn’t mind him taking the oppositions best small forwards to free up Maynard in a more attacking role.
He can't do it anymore, he'd be in the 2s before long.

Those wanting Gunston, he turns 29 tomorrow, but he just won their B&F and was 4th in the Coleman.

I reckon he's going to cost an absolute fortune...

What are we thinking his price is?

We are into Jetta? And people say north and ess are basket cases. Bucks last year and stupid desperate trades to salvage his job at the expense of the club
And if this trade really happens and that's all we manage to complete, we deserve to finish bottom 8 next year....

A mid to late second rounder at most.
You think they're going to trade the person who just won their B&F, finished 4th in the Coleman, for a mid/laste 2nd round pick? Mate you're dreaing, they'll want a 1st at least

Future first for Gunston and Hawks future third
Yeah has to be something like that. I still think they'll want a lot back, just won their B&F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those wanting Gunston, he turns 29 tomorrow, but he just won their B&F and was 4th in the Coleman.

I reckon he's going to cost an absolute fortune...

What are we thinking his price is?
Fox footy said a lot more than Phillips.

Recruiting older players is fine but if we are gonna recruit a backman in that age bracket it better be Robbie Tarrant.

Neville Jetta is quite possibly the worst footballer in the comp.

He is 'dashing' rebounding defender who this year averaged 6 disposals, 1 mark and 0.5 Rebound 50s

Future first for Gunston and Hawks future third

I don't think it's good business to use 1st rounders on blokes Gunstons age. He's an incredible player but probably only has a couple more seasons at his peak.

Fox footy said a lot more than Phillips.

In those trades ie Shannon Grant for Wayne Schwass or Adams for Heater.

The experienced and older player is always going to be better than the younger player. The benefit is that you will get additional years out of the younger player.

You think they're going to trade the person who just won their B&F, finished 4th in the Coleman, for a mid/laste 2nd round pick? Mate you're dreaing, they'll want a 1st at least
Then it’s not for us. He may have won their best and fairest, but in team with few other stand out performers this year. The question is, how does he compare to other options and other key forwards...I’d say pretty poorly. Would you want him over Cameron, Lynch, Kennedy, Franklin, Brown, Curnow, McKay, Hipwood, Noughton...the list goes on and on and on. You’re giving a first rounder you want something top end.

Then it’s not for us. He may have won their best and fairest, but in team with few other stand out performers this year. The question is, how does he compare to other options and other key forwards...I’d say pretty poorly. Would you want him over Cameron, Lynch, Kennedy, Franklin, Brown, Curnow, McKay, Hipwood, Noughton...the list goes on and on and on. You’re giving a first rounder you want something top end.
Mitchell or Hodge won the b&f and were traded for not much.

let’s not forget this is a b&f in a bang average performing Hawthorn team. It’s not one of their vintage years.

I would love Gunston but you are not going to sell the farm for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back