List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premierships are that hard to win. If you believe you are close or on your way, you'd do anything for a shot at it.

The things we need to look at without emotion attached which most fans struggle to do is say are we close or what do we need to be close.

At the end of the day, the only thing of interest to me is winning a Premiership. That's it.

hyerbole is what the majority on here thrive on. i call it hope Flea.
Read this to remind you of our aim in 2009 and Google other DH 2009 articles and see how we lost our bearings

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-butt-more-heads/story-e6frepf6-1225767436612
You don't come across to me as being a glass half sort of fan, so im surprised you mention hope. Most of us have faith we can get it right, and yet, for someone who posts about hope, you bag everyone and everything about the club.

You don't come across to me as being a glass half sort of fan, so im surprised you mention hope. Most of us have faith we can get it right, and yet, for someone who posts about hope, you bag everyone and everything about the club.
the club gives me the ammunition to quote in that manner.
Lets see see my behaviour when we actually do something constructive.Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh like win a flag:cool:
i lost my faith years ago as God barracks for Hawthorn so now i am left with hope.I hope that some competent people can run and make decisions that will give us success.

the club gives me the ammunition to quote in that manner.
Lets see see my behaviour when we actually do something constructive.Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh like win a flag:cool:
i lost my faith years ago as God barracks for Hawthorn so now i am left with hope.I hope that some competent people can run and make decisions that will give us success.
Sure we get things wrong, but we are making less mistakes than we ever had at the moment. I just have faith we can get where we need to be, without the doomsday rhetoric.

Sure we get things wrong, but we are making less mistakes than we ever had at the moment. I just have faith we can get where we need to be, without the doomsday rhetoric.
yeah whatever tickles your fancy
common line stated when there is no comeback is the old 'doomsday rhetoric'.
i wasnt being negative i was looking at flaws and areas where we could improve.
i see this as positivity just like Benny did midseason when he said we have a war chest;) to get a gun.

yeah whatever tickles your fancy
common line stated when there is no comeback is the old 'doomsday rhetoric'.
i wasnt being negative i was looking at flaws and areas where we could improve.
i see this as positivity just like Benny did midseason when he said we have a war chest;) to get a gun.
Sure whatever takes fancy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Had heard we were his preferred destination (and maybe one other). From what I can gather, GWS got in the front foot and had their eyes on picks 1/2/3 from the Saints/Demons. Wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing for Shiel to go to one of those clubs if they could get a deal done this year. Next year he's out of contact, and if we're still his preference then they know they won't have the same power in negotiating the best deal for their club.

Pure speculation on my part, of course!
Pick 12 this year,Pick 18 next year.Their loss.

Jarrad Waite has informed Carlton he's leaving. Anyone think we should go after him on a 1 or 2 year deal?
He will go to lol norf kick someone in the balls and play 8 games then do a knee and retire

We will never land a big fish again :cry: The last one we brought in was Nathan Brown and he was on track to win every medal possible and then snapped his leg into pieces :cry::cry::cry:

All jokes aside though I'm worried that we'll continue with our 'money ball' method, whilst other teams around us make big moves, we may slightly improve but those teams around us will reap the rewards and fly past us.

I've mentioned it a few times before to family and friends, My assessment of how we have dealt with trade week over the last few years is that the other 17 clubs are in the shop picking through the quality merchandise while we are round back digging through the dumpster looking at what's been thrown out.

We really need to go hard at the trade table this year, We may or may not land a big fish but the most important part is that we at least try to land one. I'm sick of hearing about star players up for trade/FA and seeing everyone elses names linked to them but ours and then we do a quick deal for Hampson at the beginning of the week and then shut up shop.

I've mentioned it a few times before to family and friends, My assessment of how we have dealt with trade week over the last few years is that the other 17 clubs are in the shop picking through the quality merchandise while we are round back digging through the dumpster looking at what's been thrown out.

We really need to go hard at the trade table this year, We may or may not land a big fish but the most important part is that we at least try to land one. I'm sick of hearing about star players up for trade/FA and seeing everyone elses names linked to them but ours and then we do a quick deal for Hampson at the beginning of the week and then shut up shop.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are the 'quality merchandise' that the other 17 clubs have gone through?

Heath Shaw to GWS? two top 10 draft picks and fell out of the 8.
Mumford? We have Maric.
Buddy? We obviously had no chance.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I really can't remember anything outstanding that would have benefited us in the long run. Or what we would have had to be overs for.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are the 'quality merchandise' that the other 17 clubs have gone through?

Heath Shaw to GWS? two top 10 draft picks and fell out of the 8.
Mumford? We have Maric.
Buddy? We obviously had no chance.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I really can't remember anything outstanding that would have benefited us in the long run. Or what we would have had to be overs for.

Goddard would be the one IMO, but i agree there is a perception that quality talent just leaves for not much and we are missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back