List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Goddard, and agree to an extent - though they lost Crameri (their leading goal kicker) as a result (not 100% as a result, but the lack of money played a part).

I am also not convinced that a player who will turn 30 next season has turned Essendon into a premiership team, nor would he have done the same for us if he had signed then.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are the 'quality merchandise' that the other 17 clubs have gone through?

Heath Shaw to GWS? two top 10 draft picks and fell out of the 8.
Mumford? We have Maric.
Buddy? We obviously had no chance.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I really can't remember anything outstanding that would have benefited us in the long run. Or what we would have had to be overs for.
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, there have been some decent players that have moved over the last few years, but its also a case of if you're active in trade week then you can shake the tree and see what falls out. Was disappointing to lose both White and Nahas last year and not make any attempt to trade for some speed, Instead waiting until the rookie draft to grab someone like Todd Banfield. As I said above whether we land the players or not showing a little more ambition would be nice.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, there have been some decent players that have moved over the last few years, but its also a case of if you're active in trade week then you can shake the tree and see what falls out. Was disappointing to lose both White and Nahas last year and not make any attempt to trade for some speed, Instead waiting until the rookie draft to grab someone like Todd Banfield. As I said above whether we land the players or not showing a little more ambition would be nice.

That's not to say that we haven't though, it just hasn't been reported. Tyson I believe we went after, and I am sure there are others.

I agree whole heartedly however with our inability to replace speed and pure line-breakers after we lost White. I think the selection of Gordon was to a degree a target of that - not convinced it was the best play to be brutally honest.

That's not to say that we haven't though, it just hasn't been reported. Tyson I believe we went after, and I am sure there are others.

I agree whole heartedly however with our inability to replace speed and pure line-breakers after we lost White. I think the selection of Gordon was to a degree a target of that - not convinced it was the best play to be brutally honest.

Taylor adams too just wasn't willing to pay him 420K+ like collingwood were and turns out we were right when we got miles in the Rookie draft.

Goddard would be very very good for us of the HBF. We would be a prelim side with him in the side IMO.

Did anyone read the 'Dream trades: What your club needs and who they'll target as the off-season begins' article on AFL.com.au? Link below if you haven't already.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-29/aflcomaus-draft-and-trade-primer

Reason I mentioned this, I was reading the Richmond part and found this funny...."Dream trade: The Tigers won't get Shiel without paying a hefty price, given the demand for his services, his quality, and his contracted status. Their first pick (No.11) is a starting point. Midfielder Reece Conca could attract interest in WA and get the Tigers a second pick to send on to the Giants. - Nathan Schmook"

Brings me to this question.. would you trade Conca for a second round pick?

Personally, I would rather hold onto him and hope he develops into a solid midfielder.. thoughts?

O'Rourke requests trade, Giants want first round pick in return.

I've mentioned it a few times before to family and friends, My assessment of how we have dealt with trade week over the last few years is that the other 17 clubs are in the shop picking through the quality merchandise while we are round back digging through the dumpster looking at what's been thrown out.

We really need to go hard at the trade table this year, We may or may not land a big fish but the most important part is that we at least try to land one. I'm sick of hearing about star players up for trade/FA and seeing everyone elses names linked to them but ours and then we do a quick deal for Hampson at the beginning of the week and then shut up shop.

To be fair though. Picking up "scraps" has yielded us Miles, Chaplin, Petterd and Houli. Miles exceptional and the other decent enough considering they all came for free.

Trading got us Hampson!!! hahaha if this is anything to go off I'd rather stick to the scrap heap. :p

Did anyone read the 'Dream trades: What your club needs and who they'll target as the off-season begins' article on AFL.com.au? Link below if you haven't already.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-29/aflcomaus-draft-and-trade-primer

Reason I mentioned this, I was reading the Richmond part and found this funny...."Dream trade: The Tigers won't get Shiel without paying a hefty price, given the demand for his services, his quality, and his contracted status. Their first pick (No.11) is a starting point. Midfielder Reece Conca could attract interest in WA and get the Tigers a second pick to send on to the Giants. - Nathan Schmook"

Brings me to this question.. would you trade Conca for a second round pick?

Personally, I would rather hold onto him and hope he develops into a solid midfielder.. thoughts?
If our first rounder + Conca's pick got Shiel we'd certainly have to consider it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be Blair Hartleys decision really.

Cue the howls and moans when we don't get him

KNEW IT!! All those sneaky pics of O'Rourke and Ellis meant something!! O'Rourke requests us, we don't budge on second rounder, goes through pre-season draft, BOOM!!! Top 4!!
Don't want to trade Conca for a second rounder, we rate him higher than that. But if a 3 way trade can be done to acquire Shiel without using our 1st rounder then I am all for it.

KNEW IT!! All those sneaky pics of O'Rourke and Ellis meant something!! O'Rourke requests us, we don't budge on second rounder, goes through pre-season draft, BOOM!!! Top 4!!
Don't want to trade Conca for a second rounder, we rate him higher than that. But if a 3 way trade can be done to acquire Shiel without using our 1st rounder then I am all for it.
^This!! XD

John's grandfather played for the Tigers in the 40's and 50's, there's a family connection there.
So your telling us he's a Tiger next year. Excellent, hope u haven't given too much up for him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back