List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow some crazy stuff in the thread today. I'll do a Tigerbob and just put all my thoughts in one place.

1. Pick 4 is unders for Beams, kid is a star of the comp. I wouldn't accept it for Dusty so why should Collingwood for Beams. Thats being said they might only get a fringe kid in the end because rightfully so it seems Dayne is desperate to get back to his old man.

2. Please stop trying to offload Ty like he is shite. 23 goals in 12 games is 45 goals over a season. Thats not shite, plus he is flexible as a tall forward/ruck. Mitch Clark is better then him but the simple fact is a guy with that many problems is being targeted by some of the better clubs tells you how much that type is worth.

3. Levi is star. End of. Please get it done Richmond for as little as possible.

4. Betts year has ended up being worth 500k but i'm alright with not offering that compared to the crows. Garlett has had a down year and doesn't want to be at Carlton. At his best his defensive efforts are fine and he has kicked 40+ goals on 3 occasions and still average 1.5 goals a game this year. Jetta will not give you what Garlett can.

5. Can people stop saying FJ doesn't rate O'Rourke. He just didn't think he justified pick 9 in 2012. I'm sure if we had a pick in the teens it would have been a different story. This year it might be that he doesn't think he is worth 11 or 12 but if get one in the 20's it might be different.

I think people throw up Ty as a trade option because he isn't in that top group of players (Cotch, Dusty, Lids etc) but still has some currency in the trade market.

haha, reading through this thread and then read this story on the Herald Sun site... gold!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...-and-trade-ideas/story-fni0ffsx-1227075105780

IS your club headed for disaster with a below-par draft strategy that a three-year-old could beat? Turns out, you’re not alone as Titus O’Reily discovers. Footy heads say their awesome trade ideas are being ignored by clubs who should know better.

Lifelong Collingwood supporter Geoff McKenzie, today said he can’t believe the Pies aren’t listening to his trade and draft ideas.

“For the last few years, I’ve been putting forward a lot of ideas about how Collingwood should be managing their roster,” said the 48 year-old.

For those who don't read all the way through, Titus O'Reily is a satirical writer.

Greenwood is a pass for me , 70 odd games after being drafted in 07 , breakout year = highest price he'll ever be .

Lets hope he does a Matt White. Has a break out year then carrys that form onwards. All i can say, if Levi produces with us, if we do get him, what he produced this year, he would be a top 6 player on our list.

Still doubt we can get him across as surely North would be nutters to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard we are going to pass on our first three picks and just upgrade Thomas, Miles and Ivan Soldo

Possibly trade Vickery to Carlton for a late pick which we wont be using

Interesting times ahead!
Thank God we're not Trading Hampson.

Who is Tobe Green??
This guy.
ga_TobeGreen_zps1a50e976.jpg

Not sure if he is out of contract though.

Any of you blokes see Greenwood this year? Absolute gun! No way North are giving him away cheaply. Would take a first rounder and a decent player.
Based on 1 year ?

I dont think there is a team in the AFL that would give up a 1st round selection for Greenwood

Any of you blokes see Greenwood this year? Absolute gun! No way North are giving him away cheaply. Would take a first rounder and a decent player.

From what i have heard, I doubt they would want a decent player solely for the fact if we do let him go, it would be because they are seriously constricted in regards to there cap. They might want a player we have that's on the mid 300's. Bottom line, if they do get Waite and then Higgins, i would then be more confident that levi will be able to be pried lose.

Apparently Levi has been offered mid 300's, say 350ish. I do know we have come in and offered more then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back