List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just browsing the hawks boad and read that:

Cats offer: $500,00 x 5 years
Hawks: $450,000 x 4 years with triggers in there for a 5th year.

obviously don't know how true the mail is but it wouldnt be surprising given their mantra of no one getting paid massive $$$.

but as others (including myself) have mentioned, free agency is just a way for the strong clubs to get stronger.
Agree with you.

The Lure of being 'Back to Back Premiers' would entice Chip more than a massive high paying contract.

though he will still be getting very reasonable coin, but being at Hawthorn would be extremely enticing alone.

I have it straight from the horses mouth that the club has had its eye on next year's free agency period for quite a while. This years pickings aren't worth paying overs for.

We did absolutely nothing in last years trade period (Only picked up Hampson :rolleyes:). Can we really afford to sit on our hands for 2 years running?

We still have Newman, Chaplin, Grigg, Foley, Petterd, Grimes, Bachelor & Houli in our best 22 FFS :cry:. We need to phase these players out of the side if we are to have any chance of competing with Sydney, Hawthorn & Port.

We're not going to get 8 ready-made replacements out of the draft. We need to be active in trade week as well and act while Deledio is still in his prime.

Could easily play them both

Membrey, Griffiths, Lids
Resting Mid, Jack, Lloyd/Gordon

For mine our best line up next year will be.

Lids Griff Martin
Jack Vickery Lloyd/gordon

Lids, dusty, edwards and cotch all swapping

Watching the finals this year I think a 3 tall forward line is the way to go and I think Vickery is a very good FF.

I pray to sweet and caring little baby jesus they take your advice!
image.jpg

Also may lose Lake and Schoenmakers as a result.

They weren't giving Lake another year, as for Schoenmakers i'm just glad he doesn't play for us because what little confidence he has would be torn to shreds by Richmond fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm was pretty much Sydney's best player or close to it.
The only Swan players ti have a go were Tippett and Buddy...
The rest were shite...
But yeah go ahead and pick anither aging dud...

But the club is content with Newman and his 12 touches a game so this won't happen. :drunk:

Hypothetically

Would anyone do Vickery for dogs second rounder + Tutt?

If we did that. I would wait at the punt road car park and no shit, I would run Dan Richardson over 5 times. I said 5 TIMES!!!!

Fair enough

I just don't rage Vickery and think he is a bad person to have around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back