• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

20 in return for 32, 42, 43 and 45

What a shocking deal

fat finger error surely?
The good news with the trade is we will still Cumbo Dow Sonsie Coultard and every other no hopper still playing for us. Looking at it I know your post might be sarcasm my first though was WTF what rebuild lol

It could have been that Richmond had a handshake deal with Lions well before finals to trade a certain amount of points for their rd1 pick come what may. And the Lions had a big win from the agreement by winning the flag from 5th. Pre finals that pick would have been expected to settle around 15 or so, with both upside and downside potential.

If this is how the club is operating then we are screwed

Really we don’t use the draft picks for points? Thank you for pointing out something so obvious to me.

If only there was a team we were dealing with who had a potential top 5 pick they needed draft points for, then we could have used those worthless points to help them get their top 5 pick and we could have got something of value, say like an extra high pick in return out of them. 🙄
Really, mate? You did realize that. Based on all your posts it seems you are completely unaware.

Yeh it would've been nice to get something of value for those pointe, like pick #20 or something. Damn unfortunately we only got pick #20.

You know how trades work, right? We can't just offer something that is higher points and they just accept. We have to offer then the best deal for that pick. You don't think in a draft that everyone's trying to trade into, that they're not getting offers from any other teams.

Is that too obvious for you too? 👋👋

Baker in serious limbo now, not sure how they get the deal done, but walking to the PSD is fanciful does not happen & I don't think Liam Baker would do that to us after we have given him everything.

I don't know why people are so happy on the Eagles board, Hawks will still get Barass & they will get less value now, they are likely to give up pick 3, I reckon them getting Baker + drafting one of the best mids in this draft would have been the way to go. but they likely getting picks outside the top 10 for splitting.

Anyone would think the trade period had closed.
After that trade by Blair we should hope it was closed, so he can’t do anymore damage. Shameful. We should get Crusty in to do our trading, fit right in with the other clown.

Can we wait until the end of the draft before we judge how this went.

Several of the picks we traded today we got for sliding back in the draft last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn’t ****ing matter. That was total incompetence. No club has ever had such a massive negative differential in points within the history of the draft. Blair should be ashamed of that decision. Even if we gun it from here this leaves us behind.

We currently have 1, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

Rioli and 51, 61, 70 for 6, 23, 78 (Give GC all of our remaining junk points picks, and take 78 (0 points value) in order to have a Bauer upgrade / PSD pick)

Bolton and 23 for 10, 11, 18 (We get our value and Freo keeps a 1st rounder so they can still do the Warner deal in 2025 for 2025/2026 picks without being restricted by the "you haven't used enough first rounders" rule)

Baker and 11 for 3 (Better deal for West Coast than that 12/14 Carlton hypothetical dished up by Jay Clark, and we keep pick 10)

6 and 20 for 2 and 44 (Guarantees us first 3 draft picks and lets North still have their Tauru pick [44 is looking like what Sydney will get for Luke Parker, but surely Sydney would rather North's future 3rd, given their solid 2025 Academy crop]; If we got 44, allows us to trade...)

14 for 18 and 44 (Gives Carlton extra points for their 2 father/son bid matching; they're looking very low on points right now, especially after they just traded out their future 1st/2nd... their next pick after 14 is 69)

Finish with 1, 2, 3, 10, 14, 24, 76, 78

Pick 5 gun kids and trade 24 for a future 1st / pickup a slider
Upgrade Bauer with 76
Take Konstanty as DFA / PSD Pick 1

Maybe need to pay some of Rioli/Bolton's salary for a couple of years to get it done, but surely we have the cap space to make this happen after our departures.

Last edited:
Not much to add this time around - everything is pretty much out in the open already.

If Freo table 10, 11, and 18, and if Baker agrees, Richmond will take it.

Pick 3 almost certainly not part of a Baker and/or Bolton trade. Richmond prefers quantity of picks in the top 20, and will be open to live-trading options during the draft.

Richmond expects something in addition to 6 for Rioli. Internally acknowledged that it's unlikely to be 13. At this stage it's looking likely to end up being steak-knives this year, or a 2025 pick.

Conversations being had with Carlton re pick swaps to help them safeguard the twins. A few other dominoes to fall first though.

...and that's about it. Early days still, and plenty could change as other pieces of the puzzle are slotted into place. Richmond remain very confident of coming away with a very strong draft hand.
Cheers Blair.
Stay firm mate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Baker wasn't traded that he signs a 1 year deal to get him to become a 2025 RFA.

Would pick him up in the PSD otherwise.

Baker: RFC get between pick 18 to WCE current pick 26?
Take it. Or one more year at RFC. Then leaves as a free agent. We going to be getting the Jack Graham compo.#42.
never been as good since the back pocket glory days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, mate? You did realize that. Based on all your posts it seems you are completely unaware.

Yeh it would've been nice to get something of value for those pointe, like pick #20 or something. Damn unfortunately we only got pick #20.

You know how trades work, right? We can't just offer something that is higher points and they just accept. We have to offer then the best deal for that pick. You don't think in a draft that everyone's trying to trade into, that they're not getting offers from any other teams.

Is that too obvious for you too? 👋👋

I was pretty drunk (and had a grumpy missus next to me who wanted to stay out but won’t be getting up for 8am swim lessons) when I wrote this so i apologise for being rude.

But find me the historical trade where a team has given almost twice (1.88 times) as many points for a late first or early second in a draft points for picks trade? I haven’t found one they’re all about 1.2-1.5 times, but happy to be corrected, would honestly make me less annoyed at this trade.

Also who were we competing against? We always had that deal available. The closest was Melbourne with about 1500 points with all their picks, plus they want sharp so 28+40+49+54+65 for 20 and sharp?

I don’t hate the deal in the sense we needed 20 and we weren’t using those picks ever. It’s an overpay especially when we should also be gunning for GCs 13 in much the same way. If they wipe out their first 3 picks they only have just shy of 1300 points for Lombard, that means any pick before 8/9 for him puts them into deficit next year, there is no way known they want that with next years academy prospects.

Take 45 from lions they still get 1350 for 900 points if we are worried add in 51 for 1600 points, ones a 1.5 times increase, more in line with historical trades, or 1.77 if we needed too. Plus we have the added leverage of not bidding on Ashcroft @ 1 which saves them 400 points.

The 45 + 61 + 70 goes to GC who now have 1750 odd points. They can now match every bid from 3 onwards, and probably don’t have to worry about us bidding @ 1 so now they’ve only got to avoid 2 to avoid a deficit next year.

We have/had a lot of trade leverage with both clubs given they want our points and don’t want either of the pick 1 worthy freebie prospects bid on at 1. So why did we overpay when you compare with historical precedent? Happy to let Blair cook until the end of the draft but I think it’s also fair to question this trade in isolation, Blair has to make this work and I’m my mind he’s made a stumble. But maybe this is “Draft day” and Bo Callaghan is sliding and he’ll turn it all around in the final deal.

Last edited:
So it’s likely what we expect for baker won’t be as good as the pick 14 we were expecting …. Not sure how west coast will find a better pick than that now …. Next best option is freo pick 18 slight downgrade
Surely we relent and accept Baker for Reid.

I think in isolation we did, but not when you consider the talent available to us now at pick 20 that wouldnt be there at 32
In 14yrs time when our next f/s is due Cotchs son is available we may need Brisbanes help.
Smart thinking.

We currently have 1, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

Rioli and 51, 61, 70 for 6, 23, 78 (Give GC all of our remaining junk points picks, and take 78 (0 points value) in order to have a Bauer upgrade / PSD pick)

Bolton and 23 for 10, 11, 18 (We get our value and Freo keeps a 1st rounder so they can still do the Warner deal in 2025 for 2025/2026 picks without being restricted by the "you haven't used enough first rounders" rule)

Baker and 11 for 3 (Better deal for West Coast than that 12/14 Carlton hypothetical dished up by Jay Clark, and we keep pick 10)

6 and 20 for 2 and 44 (Guarantees us first 3 draft picks and lets North still have their Tauru pick [44 is looking like what Sydney will get for Luke Parker, but surely Sydney would rather North's future 3rd, given their solid 2025 Academy crop]; If we got 44, allows us to trade...)

14 for 18 and 44 (Gives Carlton extra points for their 2 father/son bid matching; they're looking very low on points right now, especially after they just traded out their future 1st/2nd... their next pick after 14 is 69)

Finish with 1, 2, 3, 10, 14, 24, 76, 78

Pick 5 gun kids and trade 24 for a future 1st / pickup a slider
Upgrade Bauer with 76
Take Konstanty as DFA / PSD Pick 1

Maybe need to pay some of Rioli/Bolton's salary for a couple of years to get it done, but surely we have the cap space to make this happen after our departures.
Amazing scenario here.
but I don't think it takes a draft pick to move a player from rookie list to main list. The PSD is separate to this draft. RFC just need list spots. If 4 retire, 4 traded x delisted. 8 + spots need filling. we may have to elevate more rookies than just Bauer. Which in turn opens up more rookie spots.

People do understand that other teams could have been including future picks in their packages to Brisbane right?

Brisbane then can use those future picks to amass more selections this year with clubs that will need them next year

Then we should have just taken #42 out and included #51
Makes no sense to throw an extra 2nd rounder into a deal where the lions could not have gotten better specially with Richmond not bidding on Ashcroft.

Not to mention the offers #39 , #42 , #42 would have received on draft night
very strange why Richmond would just hand over 300-400 points extra
Marshall

Do people realise that we made the trade with the Lions using picks we were unlikely to use anyway. When we get the deals done that we are working on, we'll have all the picks we need within the first 25 picks in the draft. Secondly the Lions weren't going to do the deals they did unless they knew they had enough points acquired to match the bids on Ashcroft and Marshall. So we were never going to get the deal done for complete garbage picks. Finally the picks that we have remaining at 51, 61, 70 & 76 will all come in and improve in value once the Lions & Suns use all their picks to match bids. So we can either take a late pick if a slider is available or we can use those picks to trade to other clubs who may want to get someone they want and we can trade into 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back