Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s definitely worth that, but I agree it won’t happen.
Both picks aren’t even guaranteed to be good players. Its pot luck

I can see us doing pick 9 and a future first with us throwing back a pick in the 30’s or 40’s
You misunderstand me. I'm saying it's not enough.

Gary seems to have legit connections there still. He knew that Viney was re-signing before it happened last week.
The jungle drums are beating pretty loud regarding Petracca though.
Gary Lyon is Melbourne mouthpiece, remember when he was telling anyone who would listen that Melbourne don't have a drug problem.

I can see us doing pick 9 and a future first with us throwing back a pick in the 30’s or 40’s
If you accept a future first when a club holds 3 current first round picks - 2 of which are not end of round - then you have objectively failed as a club.

You demand the known quantity now and don't gamble on the team you are strengthening not improving.

This deal will show how weak or strong the people in charge are.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

Not sure how many clubs Brodie has to not succeed at before some of you give it a rest on picking him up

It’s even worse than the Luke Parker zealots. At least Parker was a gun

No one’s expecting him to play. If you’d read, it was suggested as a way to get a better pick by helping Freo off load some dead money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to know the intricacies of his physical limitations. If it is manageable or will possibly improve then he is a bargain for a rd 3 pick. But if he looks a lost cause physically it is pointless recruiting him.

Watch the hawthorn v north game if you can stomach it. For a guy playing for his career he was a complete passenger.

Watch the hawthorn v north game if you can stomach it. For a guy playing for his career he was a complete passenger.

I barely saw any of it but he laid 9 tackles and had 23 pressure acts. Got 2 goal assists. He is a very strong tackler, I've seen powerful players try to crash through him front on and he stops them dead in their tracks. But I know what you mean, there isn't much dazzle in his play when he gets the ball.

There are some suggestions he is not running at full power after a couple of glandular fever bouts and maybe some other issues. Happy to leave this one to people with more knowledge, as mentioned above, Ziebell should be across his issues. But I do feel there is a pretty decent footballer in there somewhere with Phillips.

I would definitely keep Bolton if that’s the best they can do.

From Bigfootys Ralph.

1. PULL THE TRIGGER

Richmond has to pull the trigger on deals for Shai Bolton, Liam Baker and Daniel Rioli.

Not just because Rioli and Baker will want to leave in 12 months anyway if the Tigers hold firm, but because of the draft hands held by their pursuers.

On the current draft order the Suns have pick six and the Dockers have picks nine and 10.

Richmond should hold firm – the only way the Suns get Rioli is if that pick is involved.

Not two late first-rounders which will blow out to the late 20s.

Is he worth it on true value? No.

But here is the play – if you want our line-breaking, goalkicking star after a year in which Damien Hardwick talked up finals but the Suns flopped again, the only way to get him is with pick 6.

While [PLAYERCARD]Marlion Pickett[/PLAYERCARD] has retired, [PLAYERCARD]Shai Bolton[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Daniel Rioli[/PLAYERCARD] may have also played their last games in the yellow and black. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images

While Marlion Pickett has retired, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli may have also played their last games in the yellow and black. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images
Think about Hardwick’s plight if he misses on Rioli and endures another so-so season next year.

Last year Richmond held the line on Ivan Soldo until the Power gave up pick 41 and a future second-rounder (attached to Fremantle) and a fourth rounder.

If the Tigers have to throw in something to help the Suns secure match points for next year’s No. 1 prospect Zeke Uwland, than so be it.

But that’s the price.

Meanwhile the Dockers’ flop to lose the final four games of the year and miss finals only intensifies their need for Bolton.

So the Tigers hold firm for picks nine and 10 for Bolton.

If they play their cards right, they get picks 1 (their own pick), six (for Rioli), nine and 10 (for Bolton).

Then they get a mid-teens pick from West Coast for Liam Baker (when the Hawks hand it over for Tom Barrass) and with pick 21 in their keeping, they have four picks within 10 and six within 21.

It’s the only way to reshape their list.

Jon Ralph thinks Richmond needs to trade [PLAYERCARD]Liam Baker[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images.

Jon Ralph thinks Richmond needs to trade Liam Baker. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let each player pick their own AA team, then crunch the numbers. the players with the most selections make the team.
you'd have to have a couple of rules. like you can't pick players from your own team, need to have played in the seniors or whatever. you could use the afl fantasy footy website to do it. it's actually pretty simple and would give the AA team some integrity.

From Bigfootys Ralph.

1. PULL THE TRIGGER

Richmond has to pull the trigger on deals for Shai Bolton, Liam Baker and Daniel Rioli.

Not just because Rioli and Baker will want to leave in 12 months anyway if the Tigers hold firm, but because of the draft hands held by their pursuers.

On the current draft order the Suns have pick six and the Dockers have picks nine and 10.

Richmond should hold firm – the only way the Suns get Rioli is if that pick is involved.

Not two late first-rounders which will blow out to the late 20s.

Is he worth it on true value? No.

But here is the play – if you want our line-breaking, goalkicking star after a year in which Damien Hardwick talked up finals but the Suns flopped again, the only way to get him is with pick 6.

While Marlion Pickett has retired, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli may have also played their last games in the yellow and black. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images

Think about Hardwick’s plight if he misses on Rioli and endures another so-so season next year.

Last year Richmond held the line on Ivan Soldo until the Power gave up pick 41 and a future second-rounder (attached to Fremantle) and a fourth rounder.

If the Tigers have to throw in something to help the Suns secure match points for next year’s No. 1 prospect Zeke Uwland, than so be it.

But that’s the price.

Meanwhile the Dockers’ flop to lose the final four games of the year and miss finals only intensifies their need for Bolton.

So the Tigers hold firm for picks nine and 10 for Bolton.

If they play their cards right, they get picks 1 (their own pick), six (for Rioli), nine and 10 (for Bolton).

Then they get a mid-teens pick from West Coast for Liam Baker (when the Hawks hand it over for Tom Barrass) and with pick 21 in their keeping, they have four picks within 10 and six within 21.

It’s the only way to reshape their list.

Jon Ralph thinks Richmond needs to trade Liam Baker. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images.

Ralph reads the Richmond BF board lol.

Not a chance in the world we would do that deal.
So say it's 9 & 16(the future 1st) and we give back pick 32 in a so called deep draft. That's complete madness.

Thankfully his manager has said: there were “ongoing discussions with Richmond throughout the season where he has indicated that he would be open to the idea of returning home to Perth if a suitable deal can be struck that benefits all parties involved. Shai is not making any demands of Richmond and fully understands that he has four years remaining on his current contract.”

We get overs or there won't be a discussion to be had. He is on a $6million deal over 5 years.(with 4 years left)

The deal you're suggesting isn't even his value, let alone overs, for a player that is contracted and we want to keep.

I’m pretty confident we’d take 9/10 , my fears are they’ll open the batting with 9/17

I can't see freo giving a future first as they want warner next year.
has to be this years picks.
Also heard Kingy say the scouts said to him this years draft is much stronger than next year.
All in this year..

Don’t sleep on Dyson Sharp for next year though. 17 years old playing in League SANFL. I expect he will make next draft top heavy

I compared his numbers to Clark yesterday , he was marginally less , not much in it , love to see zorko numbers

Numbers don’t tell you how many times he extracted the ball from dangerous situations using pace and agility, I think Zorkos are a bit higher but he isn’t moving like Rioli. He’s more a Jayden Short getting the cheap ball off half back.

Not sure how many clubs Brodie has to not succeed at before some of you give it a rest on picking him up

It’s even worse than the Luke Parker zealots. At least Parker was a gun
...hes only played for 2 clubs, you're acting like he's been at half a dozen. How many clubs did Hogan 'fail' at before he fulfilled his potential and is now one of the best forwards in the game?

Freo has one of the most stacked midfields in the league so it's not like he's not being able to break into some bottom teir midfield. And sure hes not getting a game anymore, but he put together a season that's more than solid with them in 2022.
In 2022 he had 26.8 touches, 5.7 inside 50s and 5.3 tackles a game. He also got 11 Brownlow votes with being voted in the top 3 players on the ground in 7/22 of his games.

This season we had
  • 0 players with more disposals per game than that
  • 0 with more inside 50s (our best was a miserable 3.8 a game and our top 2 in the category are leaving)
  • 1 with equal tackles (2 of our top 4 in that category are leaving)

He seems like a guy that if given the game time and a large role in a team, will perform well. Look at him like at Anthony Miles type. He can be a legitimately good player, even one of our best for the next few years, but is a limited player that has a celling and is not going to be there for any premiership success.

He's 26, ready to go, and will cost us nothing. We are looking at losing 4 guys in that prime age group of 23-30ish for a team that is already struggling there. We do need to pick up some mature aged bodies even though im sure people would like to just get 10 18 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back