Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we are probably going to have to fill 10 list spots, no way we are taking that many picks in the draft. A few that I’m sure we would be giving some consideration that are lacking opportunities at current clubs. Neil Erasmus, Devon Robertson, Angus Sheldrick, Jacob Konstansy, Elijah Tsatas, Ben Hobbs, and Josh Sinn. No doubt most on here will say they are all rubbish but fact is they all perform well at the state league level and were all rated pretty highly at one point or another. There would be plenty more of these types but these are just the higher drafts picks I can think of from the top of my head. 2026-2027 is when we will be looking to start bringing in some big free agents.

What we think of them is irrelevant. Clubs don’t offer load a first round pick unless they are sure they are a bust. So much marketing goes into a high first rounder, then to flick them off two years later is unacceptable to most fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be surprised

But the media are talking about it

Collingwood

Seriously I would spew and you have to wonder is this John O'Rourke. Because honestly you don't let Tom Lynch go to our sworn enemies
we're closer to a flag than colonwood

Heard Luke Parker's coming.

It's changing to 90% of cap and clubs can bank 3 years worth now..... Tom Green FA conveniently in 2027

View attachment 2094770
michael fassbender perfection GIF

Heard Luke Parker's coming.
Interesting. Would be more of a stop-gap than anything else. I'm okay with it if it doesn't cost us anything and he doesn't get in the way of any development of the younger brigade.

Joke or for reals… we’ve been waiting for this a long time. Better be announced at 10.20
Interesting. Would be more of a stop-gap than anything else. I'm okay with it if it doesn't cost us anything and he doesn't get in the way of any development of the younger brigade.
Nah not really, I made it up. I actually wouldn't be as against it now as I was a couple months ago. We need some leadership in our forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good move by the club to put out a statement IMO.

Tough for us and the club though, I was always of the belief (and still am) that we would be able to hang onto one of them, preferably Rioli or Baker.

While we knew this was coming, we are talking about 3 of our best 5-6 players. That is insane when you think about it in isolation. The good news is we still have experience throughout the team to support the crop of draftees.

Although already important Taranto, Hopper, Nank, Prestia, Broad, Vlaus, Lynch, Balta are going to be so important next year. And like it not that also applies to Short and Kmac, not many left on the list who would be considered "senior" players.

Not gunna lie still pretty filthy about Rioli

Baker is heading home and out of contract and Bolton has some legitimate family reasons but Rioli on the other hand can get stuffed

wow

Hardwick started with Lids already there with JR and Cotch and Rance a Dusty just coming in not to mention others

Yze is coming from way way back and if people cannot see the difference well we are wasting our time in the first place.

I would argue Mitchell came in off a better base at the Hawks as well but for me the jury is still out on the Hawks and finals means little to me
That’s right, what we should do is back Yze to do the rebuild and extend his contact.

Play hard ball and make these clubs pay overs. These 3 players are top 10 players for our club and 5 first rounders should be the net result.

sound like a ransom note

No mention of Jack Graham in the statement.

At least the two WA boys have requested trades in a way that allows us to leverage the best deal.
Bolton requested trade to WA not specifically to a club. As did Baker.

Rioli requested a trade to GC who has the best draft capital. He never considered Brisbane so it's fortunate the cards fell as they did.

I will bear no ill will toward any of them. All multiple premiership players and are helping us build our next chapter.

Yep, we are probably going to have to fill 10 list spots, no way we are taking that many picks in the draft ...

This is a very good point.

I would be stunned if we drafted any more than seven. Anyone we would draft after that would be unlikely ever to get a shot.

Which means three players will have to come from somewhere else. Interesting to consider who would be prepared to come across. They would either be thinking very long term or be very desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back