Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the two WA boys have requested trades in a way that allows us to leverage the best deal.
Bolton requested trade to WA not specifically to a club. As did Baker.

Rioli requested a trade to GC who has the best draft capital. He never considered Brisbane so it's fortunate the cards fell as they did.

I will bear no ill will toward any of them. All multiple premiership players and are helping us build our next chapter.
That’s right, it’s just a shame some of our so called supporters don’t look at it the same way.

Not gunna lie still pretty filthy about Rioli

Baker is heading home and out of contract and Bolton has some legitimate family reasons but Rioli on the other hand can get stuffed
riolis girlfriend is a dj

I want
6 + other 1st rounder linked to Doggies for Rioli
9+ 10 + 17 for Bolton or pick 3 and something else for Bolton via West Coast
Hawthorn first rounder from Barrass for Baker
2nd round compo from Graham leaving

That's what I call a successful trade period. Anything less and i'll be sad.

Play hard ball and make these clubs pay overs. These 3 players are top 10 players for our club and 5 first rounders should be the net result.

I like that we have mentioned we will be speaking to the clubs. These trades will happen, we are going to get fair compensation, I don't believe it's going to be overs like some of us want or think we should be doing.

Legit excited about the fresh start

Losing rioli especially sucks but if we can get pick 6 (or more) we are doing pretty well IMO

Not many teams get to rebuild in this way, it's actually pretty lucky

Not gunna lie still pretty filthy about Rioli

Baker is heading home and out of contract and Bolton has some legitimate family reasons but Rioli on the other hand can get stuffed
I think he’d have been a one club player, had Dimma not moved, and then got in his ear. That relationship is very strong, Rioli was practically part of the Hardwick family.

Good for our rebuild , there’s probably not a better club than GC atm to be dealing with

sound like a ransom note
I like that we have mentioned we will be speaking to the clubs. These trades will happen, we are going to get fair compensation, I don't believe it's going to be overs like some of us want or think we should be doing.

I 100% disagree. Read what Blair said.

"We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

Those saying we won't be demanding really good deals are off their rockers.

If you think we are going to do deals for contracted players that have multiple years left, that are just 'fair' and not overs then I think you'll find that you're very mistaken.

It's absolutely baffling to even consider that we'd do that.

Rioli, Bolton and Baker have officially requested trades.
It’s never as good or as bad as it seems
I am actually bullish on the Tigers for next year and beyond and would not be surprised if another flag was on in next 4-6 years
Now this is all based on the club getting this and next years draft picks correct and given the loss of players we should and up with minimum of 5 possibly 7 within first 20 picks
This together with a couple next year first round picks and free trade should give us a great bunch of very talented youngsters to play alongside the likes of Balta Taranto Hopper etc
Motto is u either want to be a tiger player or go elsewhere we need to become THAT DESTINATION CLUB AGAIN but I like most here will be renewing my membership again in fact I have already

I hear you but when it comes to contracted players we can't just let them go for one pick. I mean look at GWS. We had to pay two pics for both Taranto and Hopper..

The club is not stupid. You only need to read the club statement and how they note all the achievements for each player. They will look to get more than just one First rounder for both Dan and Shai

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s never as good or as bad as it seems
I am actually bullish on the Tigers for next year and beyond and would not be surprised if another flag was on in next 4-6 years
Now this is all based on the club getting this and next years draft picks correct and given the loss of players we should and up with minimum of 5 possibly 7 within first 20 picks
This together with a couple next year first round picks and free trade should give us a great bunch of very talented youngsters to play alongside the likes of Balta Taranto Hopper etc
Motto is u either want to be a tiger player or go elsewhere we need to become THAT DESTINATION CLUB AGAIN but I like most here will be renewing my membership again in fact I have already
Mate, the way things are looking we could end up with 12 picks inside 22 over the next 2 years.

Mate, the way things are looking we could end up with 12 picks inside 22 over the next 2 years.
Excited Fran Healy GIF by Travis

the more talent we get in before tassie grape and pillage the draft the better. theyll also get a tonne of cash to throw at established players which we also wont have to worry about because we've traded all of ours. Unless they want kmac.

Play poker with the clubs that we're dealing with. Do not fold under any circumstances.

Draft the kids and play them (in moderation depending on readiness)

We'll embarrass the AFL when we have 70k turning up to the G and we're bottom 4, just so we can see our next premiership stars taking their first steps.

Legit excited about the fresh start

Losing rioli especially sucks but if we can get pick 6 (or more) we are doing pretty well IMO

Not many teams get to rebuild in this way, it's actually pretty lucky

So true. We normally cop the Richmond penalty (less Brownlow votes, shit umpiring, minimal rising star nominations) but for once other clubs will have to pay the dynasty tax. Our guys moving are all good/very good players however 'triple premiership player Dan Rioli' attracts a premium over if we had never done anything.

All of the guys leaving I'm reasonably comfortable that they are replaceable. If it was Balta I would be saying that it's truly going to hurt us but I think we can shuffle around things with Baker, Bolton, Rioli and possibly Graham going so that we give new draftees game time and a few of our younger guys already on the list should have a good chance to fast track their development.

We’ve got Bauer. Why give away picks for someone of comparable ability but less competitive

I rate Bauer highly

A pure 3 rd tall that has excellent football nous…takes a speccy…slots clutch goals…is versatile to play around the ground

Will blossom in 2025

Last edited:
the more talent we get in before tassie grape and pillage the draft the better. theyll also get a tonne of cash to throw at established players which we also wont have to worry about because we've traded all of ours. Unless they want kmac.
We could have some guns 3 years in that would be on the radar , thankfully we will have a load of cash so will be very well paid

I rate Bauer highly

An pure 3 rd tall that has excellent football nous…takes a speccy…slots clutch goals…is versatile to play around the ground

Will blossom in 2025
big sexy lefau and bauer is pretty good forward line

we beat the swans with big sexy and lefau, imagine cameos from bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back