List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the link for the trade show
Tigercast live trade show I watch on YouTube, but there is a thread in this forum

Looking back now, yes hindsight is great but what a waste of a list spot on Egg-Smith; and also Naish lukewarm development probably could be expected. I know it’s early days but sometimes wonder whether the father son angle actually makes us overvalue players we might otherwise have taken lower or passed over. Richo being the exception 😊
Like a lot of our younger players the last 2 years can't have been easy for someone like Naish trying to push his case for a senior spot when there were no games being played at the lower level.
Inb4 Magic says we should redraft Conca now that we're in our Window...
In case you missed it the AFL media have declared our era over and are preparing to dance on our grave this off season.
dylan stephens the pick 5 from 2019 from Sydney up for grabs due to salary pressure. Could be a buy low option at only 20
Dawson
Stephens
Gould

With our draft hand no harm in asking questions.

People are carrying on like we're selling the farm for talia , he's going to cost a nothing pick
Narkle the same he's uncontracted , geelong take what we offer if Narkle walks

The problem is will they improve us and take games away from our youth .Don't worry about the cost not the issue Talia is short term like plugging holes and Narkle not sold on we need games into Dow ,Rcd , Martyn etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Names I think we might hear tonight not in any order:
Yeo
Green
Taranto
Andrews
Hollands
King (GC)
Anderson
Lobb
No way on earth we can afford king, he’s already one of gold coats highest paid players

I think we will make the (understandable error) of sticking to the substance of the game plan and to the coach and to most of the players and to the type of players that brought us success and we won’t realise that error until it’s too late. Because it’s human nature to be loyal to what worked before and to think that can work again. And I guess the draft and salary cap makes it hard to change much. But not confident about the next years but hope I am wrong.

We will be taking live questions as they come through and will do our best to answer as many as possible!

Was there a specific topic you had in mind?
Without going into a mate of a mate type story I was told Gaff is very open to joining a big Victorian Club and west coast is happy to facilitate a trade. Now he wasn’t aware of which club but I do remember at some point Tiger71 mentioned gaffs management had approached us previously. Just wondering if the great man had heard anything regarding this.

Ed Richards off the market having signed a 2 year extension.

Lets get our boys back home

Hollands
1629272305704.png

Tom Green
1629272381284.png

dylan stephens the pick 5 from 2019 from Sydney up for grabs due to salary pressure. Could be a buy low option at only 20

Good kick and plenty of run, very outside player, can see why the Swans are not remotely fussed about losing him despite his high draft position.

Could be worth a punt for a club needing cheap run and carry/rebound, would suit WCE quite well. Way too outside for us to touch I suspect.

I know nothing about the Swans players at all but they are naming a lot more than Stephens as being potentially available. Names like George Hewett, Sam Reid, Jordan Dawson and others are still unsigned in Callum Sinclair, Colin O'Riordan, Ben Ronke, Hayden McLean and Robbie Fox.

None of these jump out at me but I am sure others that are better qualified on here will have a better idea if any are worth chasing.

I'd jump at Dawson in a heartbeat, he's a rare KPD that can defend well AND seriously rebound, but I'd be totally gobsmacked if the Swans parted with him.

Nothing else attractive in that list.

Reece Conca got so shafted by Fremantle

Needed one more game to trigger an automatic contract extension and not played since Round 13

And I would disagree with this. From what I saw in his last few games his pace off the mark is gone, his kicks have lost any kind of penetration and he's not hitting targets. He's not getting his own ball and the worst thing for me is that he was picking when to make a contest and when to not quite make the contest.
His body is shot and he knows it. If he doesn't retire then we should move him on ala Hawthorn's champions. He will always be a champion of the Richmond football club but he is not in the best 22. He has about 3 or 4 guys ahead of him at HBF and I'm not sure if he can play anywhere else??

Respect your view .

I just think a bloke who was named 6 times in the best players out of 14 games in 2021 and average a tick over 23 possessions per game , should be given at least another year . I don’t know if those who may or may not be ahead of him have delivered in the same way ( in what has been an annalis horribilus !) or are capable of delivering.

A rejuvenated , and injury free Houli is a good proposition. Like many underperformers thus year the short breaks just didn’t allow them to freshen up and heal properly.

But whatever happens , he is a superhero to me !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Respect your view .

I just think a bloke who was named 6 times in the best players out of 14 games in 2021 and average a tick over 23 possessions per game , should be given at least another year . I don’t know if those who may or may not be ahead of him have delivered in the same way ( in what has been an annalis horribilus !) or are capable of delivering.

A rejuvenated , and injury free Houli is a good proposition. Like many underperformers thus year the short breaks just didn’t allow them to freshen up and heal properly.

Would have thought that you continue to play Rioli, Stack and Mansell together in the backline. How would Houli go on the wing??

Good kick and plenty of run, very outside player, can see why the Swans are not remotely fussed about losing him despite his high draft position.

Could be worth a punt for a club needing cheap run and carry/rebound, would suit WCE quite well. Way too outside for us to touch I suspect.

I'd jump at Dawson in a heartbeat, he's a rare KPD that can defend well AND seriously rebound, but I'd be totally gobsmacked if the Swans parted with him.

Nothing else attractive in that list.
What is the attraction with Stephen’s? He sounds like exactly what we have with Naish. Good kick, good runner but very outside player. I’d rather keep Naish and give him an extended run at it (which he hasn’t had) playing on the Wing.

Respect your view .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I actually agree with Pomsta on this. Was at one game and Houli was poor but git a fair bit of it. Didn’t go hard when it was his turn, called for (and got) the ball when he was in worst position than the bloke with the ball which caused a turnover on a few occasions . Got in the car to come home and commentators said he was one of our best. Just coz he got 25 doesn’t mean you’ve impacted the game.
I will always love Bacher as a Tiger champ and 3 time premiership player. And his off field work is a credit. But when you’re time is up, it’s up. Happens to the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back