List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you missed it the AFL media have declared our era over and are preparing to dance on our grave this off season.
The biggest party according to Carro is over at AFL House. If sources say that they are happy we missed finals then that just goes to show how useless of an organisation they are. I really hope Benny comes in and makes it all Richmond all the time. Also that he takes a shit on Barrett's desk before making him clean it up.

Dawson
Stephens
Gould
With our draft hand no harm in asking questions.
I like the way you think. Gould was touted as a fantastic defender who has not Debuted and I would love for him to be the steak knives in a deal for Stephens.

Is jack billings worth a punt for a late draft pick ?

Without going into a mate of a mate type story I was told Gaff is very open to joining a big Victorian Club and west coast is happy to facilitate a trade. Now he wasn’t aware of which club but I do remember at some point Tiger71 mentioned gaffs management had approached us previously. Just wondering if the great man had heard anything regarding this.

Without knowing the actual answer myself I'll say watch this space.

On Monday nights show T71 mentioned there is a West Coast player still looking to come home but didn't drop who.

And you're right, he also mentioned gaffs management approaching us a couple of seasons ago.

Ill be sure to follow up on this during the show if he doesn't revisit it!

On Monday nights show T71 mentioned there is a West Coast player still looking to come home but didn't drop who.

And you're right, he also mentioned gaffs management approaching us a couple of seasons ago.

Gaff is on massive coin after rejecting Norf's offer in 2019 to sign a long deal and also turns 30 next year

He wont be coming to Richmond

Gaff is on massive coin after rejecting Norf's offer in 2019 to sign a long deal and also turns 30 next year

Not stressed if it's not us!

Thanks mate, I was just listening to Monday nights show then actually. Good stuff as always, look forward to tonight aswel, thanks for the effort you guys put in 👍

I believe our midfield issues are structure based and predominately due to lack of outside run . Bellis has been our biggest loss and I think there is value in chasing taller outside types who have a tank .
IMO -Narkle , Howe , Patty Dow and Clarke are the type we need .
If we could off load Aarts , Castagna and Caddy and bring in 2 at least of the above we’d be a mile ahead .

It’s Duggan .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The biggest party according to Carro is over at AFL House. If sources say that they are happy we missed finals then that just goes to show how useless of an organisation they are. I really hope Benny comes in and makes it all Richmond all the time. Also that he takes a sh*t on Barrett's desk before making him clean it up.

I like the way you think. Gould was touted as a fantastic defender who has not Debuted and I would love for him to be the steak knives in a deal for Stephens.
Gould's a weird one only 191cm and had a long way to go fitness-wise when drafted. Would want to see his form in the 2's.

Geelong could easily squeeze him in if they cut all their kids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually agree with Pomsta on this. Was at one game and Houli was poor but git a fair bit of it. Didn’t go hard when it was his turn, called for (and got) the ball when he was in worst position than the bloke with the ball which caused a turnover on a few occasions . Got in the car to come home and commentators said he was one of our best. Just coz he got 25 doesn’t mean you’ve impacted the game.
I will always love Bacher as a Tiger champ and 3 time premiership player. And his off field work is a credit. But when you’re time is up, it’s up. Happens to the best of them.
Wasn't the Gold Coast game by any chance...

He was named in our best, but was poor defensively, ran to the wrong side (often to the boundary) and his kicks were like 35m pitching wedge shots that either went nowhere or to the oppo...

Racked up mid 20's and named in the best....

Collingwood are in a world of pain for this years draft. IIRC their first pick is in round 4 of the draft, yet Nick Daicos (Peter's son) is universally considered to be the number 1 pick.

Therefore they have 2 option to get the points to nab him this year. They can use their 2022 picks for points to use this year, however that limits, once again, their ability to draft for 2023. This is a cycle that can hurt a club if not managed properly.

The other option is to trade out players for draft picks. Looking at the list their are only 2 players worth any currency as both are on long contracts. Grundy and Darcy Moore. Any club wanting them is certain to want Collingwood to pay some of their contract (see Treloar as Collngwood are paying 300k per season towards his salary).

Is jack billings worth a punt for a late draft pick ?
Hes a free agent. Someone will pay him 500k a year and get st kilda a 2nd Round pick if he leaves.

Late pick won't do it.

Collingwood are in a world of pain for this years draft. IIRC their first pick is in round 4 of the draft, yet Nick Daicos (Peter's son) is universally considered to be the number 1 pick.

Therefore they have 2 option to get the points to nab him this year. They can use their 2022 picks for points to use this year, however that limits, once again, their ability to draft for 2023. This is a cycle that can hurt a club if not managed properly.

The other option is to trade out players for draft picks. Looking at the list their are only 2 players worth any currency as both are on long contracts. Grundy and Darcy Moore. Any club wanting them is certain to want Collingwood to pay some of their contract (see Treloar as Collngwood are paying 300k per season towards his salary).
The trade off would be the value of the draft pick vs what the pies would pay of his salary

Our position as an example might be :

We Offer Geelong's first, currently 17, and Pies pay $100k

Counter position may be, offer our 1st, currently 7 and Pies pay $400k of his salary

We effectively get Moore for our first and he only costs us $400k in the TPP
The pies would have to weigh up the value of either 7 or 17 + their 4th if there was an early bid on Daicos (likely) and basically buy the draft pick they need (by paying Moore to play elswhere).

I'm not suggesting we do this by the way, I just used us as an example.

What is the attraction with Stephen’s? He sounds like exactly what we have with Naish. Good kick, good runner but very outside player. I’d rather keep Naish and give him an extended run at it (which he hasn’t had) playing on the Wing.

Not sure why you're quoting me, KT, perhaps ask someone who does have an "attraction" to him why they think he'd be a good get for us. ;)

I thought I made it really clear I don't think he's the type of player we'd target.

Jack Crisp ?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back