List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually very common overseas in nba. No issue for mine
Happens all the time in American sports though. GC should have to give them something to take a contract they dont want anymore.
I have no problems with these type of trades. The rules can't be changed to suit one club though.

The AFL Commission would need to agree to the rule change prior to any trade period.

The media would be melting if we getting this deal from the Gold Coast.

Forget the Chol compo it's irrelevant with any trade we do for Tarrant.
Using the draft calculator as a guide and let's assume the club values CJ at pick 20.

That's picks 20+28+50 = 1862 points

That equates to picks 19+20, which = 1860. Effectively we're paying pick 19 for Tarrant.

We'd only be trading out picks 28 & 50 which is 950 points.

We'd only be trading in 20 which is 912 points.

Tarrant and CCJ are a straight swap player for player.

We slightly lose on point value in the trade itself, but come out bigger winners overall as we keep pick 38 and the 465 points that come with it, which we then use to trade up to get the Dogs pick at 17.

Without the Chol compo any chance of getting 17 goes out the window pretty much

Ffs omeara? What are we going to open up an emergency ward? Ben cunnington? Are we gonna become an old people’s home as well?

not a bad piece of business for Chol. Pick
30 in the rookie draft turned into pick 45 in the rookie draft when he was delisted and two years later he’s nabbed us pick 38 in the national draft and got himself a cracker of a deal at GC

that’s the sign of a list management crew that knows it’s stuff
This is an excellent result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really makes absolutely no sense at all

* Mcpherson only has 1 more year on his contract left and would be lucky to be on $400k
* Will Brodie will be off their books and no longer have to pay for peter wright
* Afl wont allow a trade for negative return specially after gifting them #19 they would stop that
* $200k salary cap dump for 1 year doesnt equal losing pick #19 which is a bloody good pick imo
* Easy just to delist him and if nobody picks him up just rookie list and gey $85k off the books
I was of the understanding that it was a pick swap of #19 and McPherson for #20. If norf and suns are after different players in the draft at that point, it costs the suns effectively nothing and they get a salary dump.

We could end up doing similar with Caddy.

I was of the understanding that it was a pick swap of #19 and McPherson for #20. If norf and suns are after different players in the draft at that point, it costs the suns effectively nothing and they get a salary dump.

We could end up doing similar with Caddy.
From whats being mentioned its #19+ McPherson for norf's 2-22 3rd rounder meaning its a net loss of draft position by a margin
I thought the AFL didnt allow such trades.

After the AFL giving the suns a priority pick and they just throw it away i think there would be some uproar

This one in 2015 saw GWS dump 4 salaries and send what turned out to be pick 10(H MacKay) to the Blues in return for what turned out to be pick 33(Mitch Hibberd) and what turned out to be pick 17(Jarrod Berry) in the then future 2016 draft.

So the Blues turned picks 17 and 33 into Harry Mackay by taking on 4 spuds on silly wages. They are still trying to wash the last one through their list now. 😂😂😂

View attachment 1250896
Sos had to have been getting the old brown paper bags from gws after he officially left. Nobody is that dumb are they?

Can never say no to you. Will do a poddy soon
Cmon Micro, becoming more and more like Tom 'Uni' Browne... just drop the news here mate, the whole Podcast is becoming a bit too much me me me time...

We want the mail, not you 😂

Wait a sec, are people really suggesting that we should be happy to accept pick 40-ish for CCJ? What am I missing here?

I mean, if a 24 year old Chol is worth pick 38, then how can north justify offering us a later pick for a 22 year old budding a-grader in CCJ?

Wait a sec, are people really suggesting that we should be happy to accept pick 40-ish for CCJ? What am I missing here?

I mean, if a 24 year old Chol is worth pick 38, then how can north justify offering us a later pick for a 22 year old budding a-grader in CCJ?

Because when you are sitting at a poker table, a colt 45 beats even a royal flush. We are staring down the barrel of a gun called the pre-season draft.

The Chol highlights package on AFL.com is top shelf stuff. Shame he could never string it together for us regularly. Has all the physical tools. Good luck to him.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Yep, consistency was the devil. Perfect in small portions. My son and I would get so excited for him 5 mins per game. Was it endurance or interest?

Perhaps read the last 100 pages and you will understand the situation. Its not about Fair, ability or other things, it is the situation and reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back