List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t been able to trade anyone in for 4-years because we’ve been up to our eyeballs with the salary cap…. have you not noticed we’ve been trading players out …?? And yet here we are on the back of a dynasty and 2021 is the first time we’ve lost a player we’d have been relatively keen to keep in CJ. The list management to be able to retain all our stars, retain young guns like Bolton and Balta, and enter 2021 draft with a great suite of selections is extraordinary.

Not to mention get Lynch the year after Dusty signs a $1.4m/season deal.

And in recent years we’ve got Pickett for nothing, Stack for nothing, pick-38 (Chol) for nothing, Broad for nothing, Baker for nothing, Balta and Bolton in the 20’s, Graham in the 50’s, a first rounder for Deledio … the list goes on … and on …

But yeah, our list management team drag their heels and are not up to scratch …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lost me at Dusty 1.4m… 1.1m is correct.

That was before Lynch is my point. We haven't looked to stay ahead of the curve and keep improving. Flag teams can still do this, Melbourne already have.

So flag team Melbourne improved their list after a flag with Dunstan, we improved ours with Lynch. Us getting Lynch is the equivalent of the Demons losing the PF in 2022 then signing Ben King for 2023.

Doggies wanted a pick in the 20s for 17. They were not going to take our chump change 38,42,47. I prefer to keep 26 & 28.

Maybe the Saints could give pick 9 for 15 & 28, they need pics for their Academy kids
Adelaide could do a swap 4 & 33 for 7 & 26 as they still need a good pick for Dawson
GWS 2 & 13 for 7,15, 26

Trading pics doesn't stop next Wednesday it goes on all the way till draft night, so we may even get a chance to swap with any team below us based who they are after.
Id have given 26 plus change we werent going to use for 17 easily

We haven’t been able to trade anyone in for 4-years because we’ve been up to our eyeballs with the salary cap…. have you not noticed we’ve been trading players out …?? And yet here we are on the back of a dynasty and 2021 is the first time we’ve lost a player we’d have been relatively keen to keep in CJ. The list management to be able to retain all our stars, retain young guns like Bolton and Balta, and enter 2021 draft with a great suite of selections is extraordinary.

Not to mention get Lynch the year after Dusty signs a $1.4m/season deal.

And in recent years we’ve got Pickett for nothing, Stack for nothing, pick-38 (Chol) for nothing, Broad for nothing, Baker for nothing, Balta and Bolton in the 20’s, Graham in the 50’s, a first rounder for Deledio … the list goes on … and on …

But yeah, our list management team drag their heels and are not up to scratch …..

Whoever does our back end recruiting is worth their weight in gold. Its the front end thats dragging its heels. Tell me a decent trade we've done since 2016?

I agree we need to add some more youngsters to our midfield soon, but given a half decent run with injury the midfield doesn’t worry me. The small/medium forwards (Fritsch, Pickett, Weightman equivalent) are our biggest issue by far.
Oh yes, we're a Paul Hudson away from a flag!

(apologies if someone else has already said this, 30-odd pages to catch up!)

The problem is we have another pick for CCJ coming and hence 3 in the 40s we have no use for. Vultures will circle and we’ll get bugger all for them
Lets wait and see what happens over the next 7 days of trade period and then the 5 weeks of pick swapping and then live trading on draft night before we say we're getting nothing.

including the trade with geelong, we traded higgins, 21 & 65 for 15 & 28. Add in markov, chol and ccj for picks 38, 42, and maybe another 40ish. all players we wanted to keep, and pretty much all for picks we will be completely unable to use in return (15 obviously used and 28 is iffy). and because we've been frankly pathetic at getting involved in these pick swap deals for pretty much the whole time they've existed, most of those picks are just gonna be thrown away unused.

Higgins was contracted, so if we wanted to keep him we would have. CJ is the only player we’ve lost in 5-years we’d be disappointed about. And now you’re here suggesting it’s ‘iffy’ if we will be able to use pick-28… whatever you’re on can I have some?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn’t get pick 17
Season over! Sack the coach, delist the players
Love this.

People express legitimate concerns yet because you don't agree with them, you discredit them by mentioning coaches and players - which they have never criticised. Clearly actual discourse is discouraged unless you toe the company line.

The Kool Aid is strong in here.

So which 4 players are we gonna delist to make space?
I reckon we use two picks to upgrade slightly into one. Then trade one in the 40s to a club for a future third.

So how many more do we need to delist for this to occur? If it’s just two it’s probably just Garth and Egg.

I reckon we use two picks to upgrade slightly into one. Then trade one in the 40s to a club for a future third.

So how many more do we need to delist for this to occur? If it’s just two it’s probably just Garth and Egg.
If we did that then we'd need to delist two more. Delisting Egg wouldn't help as he is on the rookie list, not the senior list.

pretty sure miller needs to come onto the main list, and most on here want cumberland and biggy retained

So can someone confirm if we delist Garthwaite and Egg we can have 6 picks in this draft …. yet people are melting we won’t be able to use them all …. keep Egg and Garthwaite or take pick-40 and pick-42 to the draft ….hmm, tough choice.

Why is everyone melting and panicking that we won’t be using all our picks around 40, either in pick swaps, trades or the draft …??

If we keep Eggy and Garthwaite and ‘pass’ at 2 x picks around 40 then I’ll join everyone in their melting ……

So can someone confirm if we delist Garthwaite and Egg we can have 6 picks in this draft …. yet people are melting we won’t be able to use them all …. keep Egg and Garthwaite or take pick-40 and pick-42 to the draft ….hmm, tough choice.

Why is everyone melting and panicking that we won’t be using all our picks around 40, either in pick swaps, trades or the draft …??

If we keep Eggy and Garthwaite and ‘pass’ at 2 x picks around 40 then I’ll join everyone in their melting ……

Egg is on the rookie list, delisting him won't give us a spot for any of these picks.

Give the club a couple of years.. we could really rate this draft and load up on talented new kids for another tilt kicking off 5 or 6 years from now. I love the current list but our window is one year from closing if it hasn't already and that's perfectly fine.

We might trade a couple late on draft night to get future 2nd rounders and save some assets for next year. Our recent history of picks under 30 is excellent.

A few of our players might be getting on but our off-field admin is still the same lot who got us 3 flags. You have to trust them.

North want to trade their future second with Gold Coast for 19 and McPherson but McPherson doesn’t want to go to North so it won’t happen. So i recon we will end up getting North’s future second and Tarrant. Then North will get a third this year (we have too many anyway) and CJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back