List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the Tigercast show tonight it seems the possible targets are Dunkley, Mcgrath and Hopper.
People have been a little unsure about Hopper but he is a copycat Prestia imo, with his stats very similar in past seasons at a comparable age. I just wonder if he has peaked or still has some wiggle room to improve. I would love to see him come over in his current state, and would be ecstatic if he were to improve slightly whilst not compromosing our team first approach.

T.Thomas is a jet but i feel he'll still hang around.

If we can get Dunkley to the Tiges without compromising our draft position too much that would be fantastic.
It won’t be McGrath.
I didn’t hear the podcast but he won’t be coming. This one is well off the mark.

We will try to make a trade happen with GWS though. I have no idea the specific name we are targeting this year though. Would imagine it would be one of Taranto, Hopper and Green.

I’d also not be surprised if we hear our names linked to a younger developing tall key position player.

Cerra was only a r1 so was Prestia , we offer 19 I’d be very surprised if that were bettered , no bottom 10 team gonna do it and most top 8 teams would fit in $ . Eg Ess would be keen , no way do they part with top 10 pic
We ll bring him in for the nm pic
Cerra was uncontracted and was traded for pick 6 plus a third rounder. Hopper is contracted for next year and is a better player. You are dreaming.

Have heard that Hayden McLeans name mentioned recently as a player that a number of VIC clubs are interested in.

I haven’t seen too much of him, but he has dropped down the pecking order at Sydney with the development of McDonald and Amartey and the likelihood Buddy goes on.

I watched the VFL game against Swans 3 weeks ago, he played well against Miller. Was clunking them that day

McLean- 197cm 100kg kpf/ruck

Thomas on talent would be an awesome get. Gotta be some question marks on temperament given the way he's seemingly spat the dummy at Norf. But he's young and they are a rabble, so you could turn him around. He's contracted for two more years after this so we'd have to satisfy Norf or they could just hold him. Paying a bloke to sulk in the twos for two years is no good for club culture, but they're going to shake things up, get a new coach so he might be reinvigorated.

We have plenty of kids under 21, so it's actually an ideal time to trade for established young talent. Hopper will turn 26 next year, Thomas 23. If we could get both for our first and second rounders and the Norf pick, we'd consider it a bargain and our list would be in great shape.

Have heard that Hayden McLeans name mentioned recently as a player that a number of VIC clubs are interested in.

I haven’t seen too much of him, but he has dropped down the pecking order at Sydney with the development of McDonald and Amartey and the likelihood Buddy goes on.

I watched the VFL game against Swans 3 weeks ago, he played well against Miller. Was clunking them that day

McLean- 197cm 100kg kpf/ruck
We all know what happened the last time we took a Swans ruckman.
Is he from Tassie as well?

Josh Dunks - cant kick, no good, dont want. :drunk:

13 goals / 2 behinds in his last 9 weeks.

Average of 24 disposals and 1.4 goals a game

He is the right age, character and playing style to be our next captain and lead a midfield.

I would gladly hand over our 1st for this man.

A starting midfield next year of Dunks, Prestia and Bolton is as good as any midfield in the game and is so perfectly balanced.

He is the right age, character and playing style to be our next captain and lead a midfield.

A starting midfield next year of Dunks, Prestia and Bolton is as good as any midfield in the game and is so perfectly balanced.
Dunkley, Prestia, Bolton, Baker, Short. That's a scintillating midfield mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’d you take if you had to pick btwn Dunks/ Taranto?
Assuming the cost - picks and $$ would be similar

I Reckon both bakes and rioli have been underpaid say < 400 relative to bums that extend on GC after 5 min for over 500k it’s prob jolted then to think what’s my worth
Both will be seeking 550+ I’d say ,, bakes has the WA factor too ,,, seems happy but u never know , hope like hell he sticks
Wouldn’t say they have been underpaid, more that due to recent form and improvement they are due for a bump in pay

I Reckon both bakes and rioli have been underpaid say < 400 relative to bums that extend on GC after 5 min for over 500k it’s prob jolted then to think what’s my worth
Both will be seeking 550+ I’d say ,, bakes has the WA factor too ,,, seems happy but u never know , hope like hell he sticks
I was trying to find what we paid Short to give a ball park figure on what we might be offering Rioli and Baker, but couldn’t find that info online.
Agree though both north of 550 in particular Baker

I would take Dunkley myself, but I love him and the way he goes about it.

He would also be cheaper in terms of trade and contract IMO.

Pretty bloody hard to split really. Both big inside mids that can rest forward. Their stats are extremely similar. I like Dunkleys marking ability but Taranto is a year younger. I'd be happy with either. Probably whoever we can get cheaper.

Pretty bloody hard to split really. Both big inside mids that can rest forward. Their stats are extremely similar. I like Dunkleys marking ability but Taranto is a year younger. I'd be happy with either. Probably whoever we can get cheaper.
Probably see Taranto having more upside/ the better in terms of pure midfield skill but upside is always speculation as well
Duncs more well rounded
Can’t really go wrong either way imo

Think the same👍
Taranto hasn’t been playing so isn’t front and Center in our minds.
Dunkley is excellent overhead, so you might mark him higher, because he’s dangerous up forward. But Taranto is a bull, very hard to stick tackle’s and I’ve seen him kick multiple goals using his brute strength close to goal

Ditto.
I mean if we finish say 6th we still have Norfs 2nd so its only 7 spots away.
And while i'm no keen Junior watcher what are the chances of getting a Dunkley@12ish.

Read that when he retires he'll go back too the family farm.So its not as if he's got to be concerned with life after footy so the need for a big money contract wouldn't be on his mind i wouldn't think as his life after footy is secured.
By all means pay him more each contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back