List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully its Treacy.
McClean from the Swans has been mentioned.
3 goals already in the vfl final against the suns.
I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I’ll say it again we should look at Sydney KPF Hayden MCLEAN I’m watching Sydney v GC VFL final right now too and as you say he’s kicked 3 prior to half time and looks a level above.
Has form at AFL level too

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I’ll say it again we should look at Sydney KPF Hayden MCLEAN I’m watching Sydney v GC VFL final right now too and as you say he’s kicked 3 prior to half time and looks a level above.
Has form at AFL level too
I agree I really rate him
Reckon he will improve a fair bit too

Still can't work out why we didnt draft Van Rooyen last year with our Tom Browne pick. Had a great year in the VFL and will be ready to go in 2 years when Jacks done, would have solved a lot of problems.
Was a very strange one. I really wanted Van Rooyan or Sonsie at that pick. Not saying Brown won’t be any good but we now have too many half backs. Short, Rioli, Baker, Ralphsmith, Brown, Stack all have half back as a best position. Can’t play them all. I’d be looking to trade one over the next couple of years if we can get something we need back the other way.

Was a very strange one. I really wanted Van Rooyan or Sonsie at that pick. Not saying Brown won’t be any good but we now have too many half backs. Short, Rioli, Baker, Ralphsmith, Brown, Stack all have half back as a best position. Can’t play them all. I’d be looking to trade one over the next couple of years if we can get something we need back the other way.
Sam Banks is a half back too isn't he?

Remember old Shifter pumping up Browns tyres on SEN, said he was one of the most talented kids in the draft, and would be a steel for someone due to injury.

Pretty sure there was a number of other teams, really keen on him that would have gone Brown before Van Rooyan.

But looking at what Van Rooyan has done in his first year at VFL, he looks a really good prospect. Very versatile too, think he’s played a lot of footy forward but has played some junior footy as a kpd.

Time will tell if we made the right call.

After yesterdays performance i think Jordan De Goey's contract just went up $100k a year
St Kilda will now offer him $800k x 5 years and Pies will go up in their offer as well

I said when everyone was melting about not getting multiple mids last draft we likely already have one in our back pocket and it will all make sense. I’ve got no doubt we were confident Taranto or Hopper (probably TT) were Tiger bound last draft. It explains bypassing Hobbs and bypassing another midfield option at pick-17 (Tom Brown).

We really need to have a lot more faith in Blair Hartley and the list mgt team!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You’d think the fact he’s helped build a 3x premiership winning list would be enough…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van rooyen numbers only slightly ahead of bauers playing in strong side too

Anyone know the deal with Oliver Henry? 2nd year pies forward
Looks like he has the tools but hasn’t exactly come on either
A lot of talk among pies fans that he is on the way out

Was it him or his younger brother who is also on the lions list?

"Jarryd Lyons – who was a surprise inclusion after missing the AFL clash days before with a groin injury - had a chance to put his side ahead in the final minute with a 30-metre set shot, but his kick stunningly fell short.”

"Lyons, one of the biggest names in the clash, finished with 15 disposals and a team-high five clearances.”

-------------------------------------------------

So he has definitely played in the VFL. Whether he was a bit restricted by an actual groin injury who knows, groins can be like that where you can play but just not move really freely. But if Lyons was crucial to Brisbane surely if carrying a groin they would not play him in the VFL.

Must be something amiss with him, not drafted and picked up later as a rookie but ditched relatively quickly

All for a club that is brining in a lot of development players during a rebuild

Maybe some attitude or off field issues
There is no attitude/off field issues with Callow. I doubt the kid has ever had a beer. I just think he has his 1 wood which is contested marking but then not much else in the bag. I hope he gets another crack somewhere tho, maybe given time he can add some strings to his bow. Wouldn’t be disappointed if we took him as a rookie.

Remember old Shifter pumping up Browns tyres on SEN, said he was one of the most talented kids in the draft, and would be a steel for someone due to injury.

Pretty sure there was a number of other teams, really keen on him that would have gone Brown before Van Rooyan.

But looking at what Van Rooyan has done in his first year at VFL, he looks a really good prospect. Very versatile too, think he’s played a lot of footy forward but has played some junior footy as a kpd.

Time will tell if we made the right call.

Yeah for me its not necessarily that Browne will or won't be a good pick but we have too many half back types already and a glaring hole in kpf stocks, Van Rooyen seemed the logical choice.

Yeah for me its not necessarily that Browne will or won't be a good pick but we have too many half back types already and a glaring hole in kpf stocks, Van Rooyen seemed the logical choice.

BROWN.

There is no attitude/off field issues with Callow. I doubt the kid has ever had a beer. I just think he has his 1 wood which is contested marking but then not much else in the bag. I hope he gets another crack somewhere tho, maybe given time he can add some strings to his bow. Wouldn’t be disappointed if we took him as a rookie.

Callow was one of the few KPF prospects from his draft, hence why plenty of us discussed him at the time.
I remember being concerned that his highlights didn’t show much running, leading, jumping- seemed more to just put his hands up and mark in a pack.
That’s a bit easier to do at u18 level than against mature bodies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know the deal with Oliver Henry? 2nd year pies forward
Looks like he has the tools but hasn’t exactly come on either
A lot of talk among pies fans that he is on the way out
that 70s kid

Callow was one of the few KPF prospects from his draft, hence why plenty of us discussed him at the time.
I remember being concerned that his highlights didn’t show much running, leading, jumping- seemed more to just put his hands up and mark in a pack.
That’s a bit easier to do at u18 level than against mature bodies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
callow is a limited vfl player

no agility leap or speed

wont make it at afl level without these attributes - ben lennon had the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back