List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very talented, also very selfish. Plays for himself and I reckon that’s why he’s not playing every week under fly.
Well if Fly isn't playing him for that reason then Dimma won't either.

Yeah for me its not necessarily that Browne will or won't be a good pick but we have too many half back types already and a glaring hole in kpf stocks, Van Rooyen seemed the logical choice.
Brown seems more of a Vlas/Broad type though.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I’ll say it again we should look at Sydney KPF Hayden MCLEAN I’m watching Sydney v GC VFL final right now too and as you say he’s kicked 3 prior to half time and looks a level above.
Has form at AFL level too
Wouldn't be the worst decision 23
Out of contract end of next year
Beautiful long kick, can pinch hit in the ruck
Joel amarty same age and height as McLean
Out of contract next year as well
Surely one is gettable
Maybe our second round pick 30

What’s the deal with Callum Brown from the pies? Anyone know why his not getting a run?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will be part of the Grundy trade to cats
Why would the pies trade him to the cats with Grundy?
Cats would need to be putting up a fair amount of capital to get both

Whilst I’m not putting TT in the same class as Petracca and Oliver, it’s interesting that Oliver is 6-months OLDER than TT and is contracted until 2030 whilst TT will be 2029. And Petracca is contracted until 2029 as TT will be and he is -2-years OLDER than TT.

And the Demons gave these extraordinarily long deals to players who were already at their club and had been shown zero interest in leaving … what’s with that? You always have to give bigger contracts to attract players in to your club, but Lyon didn’t ‘tut-tut’ the Demons deals that are way bigger money and on what will be much older players than TT. And didn’t Carlton offer CC a 7-year deal …. again, a player already at their club who’d recently missed almost 3-years of footy.

I don’t like 7-year deals, but if it was a case of offer 5 or 6 and he goes to the Pies or stays at GWS then it’s a no-brainer to get him by offering 7-years.

He’ll be 31yo when his contract ends. Does anyone think TT will be retired at 31yo?

I forgot about Brayshaw …signed a huge 6-year deal taking him to the end of 2028 …. And he is also a full 2-years older than Taranto. Any ‘giggling’ from Gazza about Brayshaw?

So in summary :

2028: Brayshaw’s last year of his contract. Will be 32yo at season’s end.

2029: Taranto’s last year of his contract. Will be 31yo at season’s end. Petracca’s last year of his contract … will be 33yo at season’s end.

2030: Oliver’s last year of contract. Will be 33yo at season’s end.

Given you generally have to pay more to extract players out of their club it seems the Tigers have done very well here. Add to this the total contract value whereby I’d estimate from 2023 to the various end of deal:

Brayshaw: $4.5m (6 x $750k)

TT: $5.25m (7 x $750k)

Petracca: $6.65m (7 x $950k)

Oliver: $7.2m (8 x $900k)

Given TT will be 12-24 months younger when out of contract than all 3 Demons we’ve got nothing to worry about… we’ve done really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know the deal with Oliver Henry? 2nd year pies forward
Looks like he has the tools but hasn’t exactly come on either
A lot of talk among pies fans that he is on the way out
Suggested him a while back. The talent is bleeding obvious. Could be an absolute steal. Any rough edges can be ironed out with our Richmond man mantra.

Luke Dungstan like performance…I don’t think Richmond is going to seriously consider these players who are terrible kicks like Dow, Dunstan, Ratugolea, they can just straight out ruin you in big games.
Imagine inserting Patrick Dow into one of those pressure cooker matches that we've seen over the last few days. Yesterday's game chewed up the likes of young Ginnivan, Close and Stengle ... Dow would be disaster.

Anyone know the deal with Oliver Henry? 2nd year pies forward
Looks like he has the tools but hasn’t exactly come on either
A lot of talk among pies fans that he is on the way out
Good player but doesnt really fit a need for us , won’t be a FF , 3rd tall , hopefully Bauer fills this role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back