List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dusty does not request a trade and remains at Richmond, then Sam MacLure needs to issue a public apology. He has been so adamant there’s something happening and Dusty is going, even tonight saying “We don’t know what we don’t know”, he indicates he has inside knowledge about something being at play behind the scenes.

This is despite Hardwick categorically saying on AFL360 he is committed and he is staying. When pressed on if he’s spoken to him about his commitment, Hardwick said “I don’t need to. He’s contracted to Richmond for 2 more years and he’s not going anywhere”.

MacLure must be very confident in his sources and info to keep banging on about it in the face of obstacles that seem insurmountable… how or why would any club in their right mind give up quality draft picks and $1.3m of salary for a 32yo with recent injury troubles and mental health concerns?

MacLure may end up looking like a genius here and if Dusty requests a trade I’ll be impressed with his journalism. But if he doesn’t, he needs to be held to account and not get away with “It was a live option and Dusty was open to a move but in the end fell over due to salary cap constraints”… if he doesn’t leave and we hear those words or similar come from the likes of MacLure, Barrett or any other journo cretin we need to hold them to account.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dusty going nowhere... you never know, he might even renegotiate his contract to spread the payments so that we can fit both these guys in...😉

Gerard Whateley on SEN today saying it's "impossible" for Richmond to get the Hopper and Taranto trades done.

Showing his true Geelong colours once again.
Wankley was salivating over the prospect of Geelong getting Grundy and Hopper. Won't end up with either.

What do people think about trading:-

Ins :- Taranto and Hopper
Outs:- Pick 19 and Short

We keep picks 12 and 30 in this year's draft..
And we keep a full hand in next year's draft.

What are you proposing happens with Short’s $600k contract? If GWS are offloading Taranto and Hopper on similar amounts then why on earth would they take on a new player on that money?

It must do opposition supporters heads in reading how Richmond are going to be challenging for flags again.

Great article though! Doesn't just automatically subscribe to the theory that we are going to be paying through the nose for both of them.

Some of you have been frothing to get big names in and now you don’t want to hand over the picks. Taranto and hopper is massive. As far as I’m concerned that puts us straight into flag contention.
Easily worth a pair of r1 ,,,why ,,,coz it could take you 6 pics to get 2 players this good, just leave a place for a mid season pic ,,,plenty of ways to skin the cat

Cal Twomeys take on SEN

Re 2023 draft it’s looking like being a doozy , clubs looking at trading out of this year’s into nexts

Tigers

Hopper- next year R1 and Soldo not enough . Because we are likely top 4 and Hopper is a FA next year so would net them a top 10 pick under compensation rules ( GWS likely to be bottom half ladder)

Other stuff
Lloyd Meek - WCST, Demons interested.
Hunter Clarke- Trade target for clubs.
Ben Lloyd
Tanner Bruhn- Cats looking front runner over Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must do opposition supporters heads in reading how Richmond are going to be challenging for flags again.

A false comparison with Geelong though, they many more players over 30 that they have to replace.

I love how reporters always report factual information in their articles.

“Richmond took 3 players in the top 30 of 2021 draft”

Try 5 players in the top 30 nakkers!

Just had a look at the stats for both Taranto and hopper ,,,will be just what the dr ordered for us , both huge in contested and clearances ,,,especially hopper with clearance , TT no slouch either , numbers only tapered with more HFF time
Yeah I did this as well, with last years game. Hopper had a multitude of games with 10+ clearances and 25+ touches. Taranto a little less on the clearances, but still good at 5-8, but tackles were his big one, often 7-10 and many 30+ touch games. It’s a great pairing if we can pull it off

“It’s unlikely the final trade deals will involve a total of three first-round picks, but in any case by the end of it they’ll have at least one more walk-up starter in the midfield, which has looked thin at times and has been left undermanned when Dion Prestia goes down hurt.

Whether it be a fringe player like ruckman Ivan Soldo heading across, or some negotiating done over the breakdown of Hopper’s salary next season, one suspects Richmond will hold at least one first-round pick in this year’s or next year’s draft.” David Zita, fox sports.

Interesting the bewilderment and lack of creative trade thoughts of our Australian journos.

American sports have been doing this for 25 years and multiple players and multiple picks deals have been completed 100s of times. Doesn’t take a detective to find examples.

What are you proposing happens with Short’s $600k contract? If GWS are offloading Taranto and Hopper on similar amounts then why on earth would they take on a new player on that money?
Simple. They back end a longer deal. Even if they dont, they are desperate for quality half backs and 600k is less than what they can individually offer Hopper or Taranto.

You didn't understand what i was talking about, did you sweet pea? you have no idea who Kane Johnson is

Mulling it over i think getting them both is ridiculous. I would just secure 1 with Hopper my preference, & still retain a good portion of our 2022-23 draft hand. When we got Presita, Caddy & Toby,,we only stuffed up our draft hand for 1 year as we shipped off Deledio for a 1st & 3rd rounder. Toby only cost us a 3rd rounder, & Caddy was a 2nd. So basically the cost/risk involved in what we are doing this year, trading all present & future 1st & 2nd round picks, is not even close to being comparable in trades. We will not have many picks above 40 for 2 years

Going after both is crazy, especially since they are both at the 1 club. Is a pretty arrogant move to GWS too - seems unnecessary
I remember Kane Johnson, you're implying it was a mistake to bring Johnson because he didn't reach expectation. Which is bullshit, he played great at Richmond and was made captain. It maybe a mistake because our list was shit at the time and very overrated. Johnson, with Richo were the only good players.

There's no parallel, our list is full of premiership players, some of which are young and very much guns. Prestia was never considered elite when we were after him (even though I thought so), go back and have a look at the vitriol for giving up pick 6 and missing out on the messiah that was brody.

Taranto and Hopper will get us back into premiership contention.

Those loking to trade Short have got rocks in their head...

He easily can move to a wing and replace KMac. For all his good running and pressure, he doesn't offer a lot more, short would be a lot more valuable than Kmac on a wing.

And personally, I'd like to see Dusty play nearly permanently forward, with mayb 5 min spells in the middle. If we have TT, Hopper, Prestia, Sonsie, Cotchin, Bolton going through there most of the time, we don't necessarily need him.

And personally, I would think Graham would have value on the trade table, and I'm not sure he brings enough to a mid rotation if we secure both GWS boys. Only issue with that will be that Dimma is still besotted with him playing though that 2019 prelim with a busted shoulder and still thinks we owe him.

Cal Twomeys take on SEN

Re 2023 draft it’s looking like being a doozy , clubs looking at trading out of this year’s into nexts

Tigers

Hopper- next year R1 and Soldo not enough . Because we are likely top 4 and Hopper is a FA next year so would net them a top 10 pick under compensation rules ( GWS likely to be bottom half ladder)

Other stuff
Lloyd Meek - WCST, Demons interested.
Hunter Clarke- Trade target for clubs.
Ben Lloyd
Tanner Bruhn- Cats looking front runner over Hawks
Twomey is not taking into account the salary dump that GWS have to execute.

In a normal trade scenario he would be on the money, but there is a cost to clubs in moving players because of salary cap restrictions and that cost is generally borne out on the trade table.

Stop making sense, this is Big Footy remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back