List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would Green go in the 2022 draft? He’d go number 1. You’d generally need to give up 2 x top-10 picks to get pick 1…. even then it’s likely rejected. I’d happily give up our top-3 picks in 2022 for Green (call it picks 9, 20 and 27). He’s 21yo and a guaranteed midfield jet for a decade. 9, 20 and 27 could be McAsey, McHenry and Himmelberg….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How on earth do you know 7 months out that he’d go pick 1? Or even top 5? Pick 9 McAsey? I’ll counter that with it could be Vlastuin or Gibcus who both went at that pick. Would you swap them and 1-2 additional picks for Green? I certainly wouldn’t

Last edited:
I think Taranto will be asking for more then what we could cough up.

And besides that I believe Saints have been linked to him since his draft year.

I think Taranto will be asking for more then what we could cough up.

And besides that I believe Saints have been linked to him since his draft year.

Saints probably have money in their salary cap.
A lot of their fans aren't too fussed about Hanneberry being unable to get on the fact. He cost them little in picks and they prefer him being overpaid than having to overpay other duds already on their list.
Interesting take.... I'm still filthy on the whole Chris Yarran experience.

I think our ‘running rebuild’ is coming along nicely. Starting to get some young kp depth at both ends. Would like to focus on high end draft picks the next two years. Going after mids. I think our backline will be fine. Could do with another KPF but I’m not worrried. If I had to get a player from another club in right now I’d go for green.

Salary or trade wise?

I think he’s cheaper in a trade
Salary mainly. But I think GWS will be asking for two firsts for Taranto and our starting point would be our 1st (which could be anywhere in the order) and Kangas 2nd. Which I doubt would get it over the line for us.

Jacob Hopper is the value pick. FA next year, 25, 187cm big bodied mid in the Prestia mould. Would cost way less than Green.

What did the Cats & Eagles give up for Cameron & kelly?
Think thats about the ball park for Green(Contracted)
Wait 12 mnths when he's uncontracted as i see next year as a transition year for the team.
2024 would be a perfect addition.

Thank God some of you guys are not Blair Hartley, mortgaging our draft possibilities on one player. No one player is worth two first round picks imo.
Anyway, each to their own, I’ve given my view which could be wrong if Green turns into the superstar you guys think. I’ll back in the List Manager and recruiters to make the right decision.

I think you blinked and missed it … he’s about 10-games away from being a superstar already.

Whilst draft picks are very important they are always speculative (I’d guess about 20% of top-20 picks turn into genuine A-grade players) so I’m in favour of trading them for known commodities - the important
part is not over paying (Shiel and O’Meara), and not trading for the wrong player (CCJ at North).

Melbourne won a flag on the back of trading multiple prime picks for Lever and May. We won 3 x flags trading multiple picks for Nank, Caddy and Prestia.

You simply can’t equate Tom Green (leading the AFL in multiple midfield stats as a 21yo) with a single unproven top-5 pick. GWS have a bonafide star on the field … they’d laugh at any offer of a single pick on the chance they get another one who is almost certainly not going to be as good as Green given he is tracking to be one of the best mids in the competition.

I think you blinked and missed it … he’s about 10-games away from being a superstar already.

Whilst draft picks are very important they are always speculative (I’d guess about 20% of top-20 picks turn into genuine A-grade players) so I’m in favour of trading them for known commodities - the important
part is not over paying (Shiel and O’Meara), and not trading for the wrong player (CCJ at North).

Melbourne won a flag on the back of trading multiple prime picks for Lever and May. We won 3 x flags trading multiple picks for Nank, Caddy and Prestia.

You simply can’t equate Tom Green (leading the AFL in multiple midfield stats as a 21yo) with a single unproven top-5 pick. GWS have a bonafide star on the field … they’d laugh at any offer of a single pick on the chance they get another one who is almost certainly not going to be as good as Green given he is tracking to be one of the best mids in the competition.

Don’t agree, but that’s your view and you’re entitled to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salary mainly. But I think GWS will be asking for two firsts for Taranto and our starting point would be our 1st (which could be anywhere in the order) and Kangas 2nd. Which I doubt would get it over the line for us.
It’s the salary as to why I think he gets let go.

Being out of contract and his salary should theoretically make him more attainable from GWS but I guess we will see.

Thank God some of you guys are not Blair Hartley, mortgaging our draft possibilities on one player. No one player is worth two first round picks imo.
Anyway, each to their own, I’ve given my view which could be wrong if Green turns into the superstar you guys think. I’ll back in the List Manager and recruiters to make the right decision.

If the part of your post I have bolded is what you are basing your assessment on then I can see how you arrived at your position. It is just that bolded part as you have stated it is impossible to agree with. Strictly interpreted that says pick 17 & 18 are not worth peak Dusty or peak Rance or peak Petracca or whoever. Sam Walsh, Max King etc etc these guys are all clearly worth a lot more than picks 17 & 18 in an open market situation. So for what you are saying to be right, you need to whole market to be misunderstanding the value of gun players versus draft picks, and you being just about the only person who understands it correctly. I mean this with respect, but the likelihood of that being correct, your blanket statement being right and the accumulated wisdom of 100 or more full time AFL recruiting/list management guys not understanding the value of gun players v draft picks correctly….how likely is that to be right do you think?

Is anyone watching the Giants-Suns game? GWS have this young fella, Tim Breen I think his name is. Contested ball beast, goes forward and kicks a goal too so he's versatile. I heard he comes from a family of ruckmen so he might even be able to play there.

Just thought I'd throw his name out there. They say he's from Canberra though, so I'm not sure why he'd have any interest in coming to Richmond.
Any relationship to Barry?

Is anyone watching the Giants-Suns game? GWS have this young fella, Tim Breen I think his name is. Contested ball beast, goes forward and kicks a goal too so he's versatile. I heard he comes from a family of ruckmen so he might even be able to play there.

Just thought I'd throw his name out there. They say he's from Canberra though, so I'm not sure why he'd have any interest in coming to Richmond.
Ah, Another player potentially eating into midfield contested ball time... I LIKE THA BOY!!!

Now we have the HUN clickbait and the plastics working to get Tommy G to the Tiges. The train is a rollin'.

Imagine posters being entitled to their own opinion and that being ok. What a world that would be
’d say it was for making up the 9 clangers stat for street cred.

Could also be for sexual harassment, although personally I’m ok with it.

Could also be cos I still have ancient mod powers.

Let's guess that there would be fewer arguments, followed by only one poster get's a days rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back