List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between recognizing what the opposition is doing and sooking about it.

Of course we need to be aware and sometimes you even learn off them, but my comment was in regards to amount of whinging because they got pick 7 and a player. No one is denying they had a good trade period.

Good luck to them for what they did, but really who cares is my point which you seem to have mis-understood. We should also be impressed with what we have been able to achieve as I think we are primed for a serious crack at another premiership and the fact that Geelong have a good draft pick and some good young players doesn't impact our ability to challenge.
you do not care, that is your negligence.

you have lower standards, lets leave it at that and fight our own separate battles

Aarts was never playing again from the moment he played on from that mark against North. Just like when Tom Derickx dropped a chest mark to cost us the game against GC .. he never played again.

I love that about Dimma … there’s a ‘never again’ switch in his brain for each player that can be turned on with an inability to ever turn it off. I’m sure that switch will be flicked for George in one of his handful of games he gets in 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
George is contracted and doesnt have another position

With the kids from last year developing and another pre season under their belts he will be looking for a new club in 12 months time and will be traded or delisted.

Clarke , MRj , Cumberland and Sonsie have taken away his foward role and the 2 GWS boys have pushed Graham , Bolton and Martin to spend more time up foward.

George will be playing his last year at Richmond in 2023 and is lucky he is contracted and survived this latest cull

He doesn't have to stay with us if he thinks he can make it elsewhere,,good luck to him if another club is interested. Then by all means let him go
But I think its in our clubs best interest to keep him and develop his leadership and coaching aspects in our vfl
Good luck to aartsy I know he,loves the tigers , imagine he gets back on the tools as a chippy, local footy more likely I’d say , I’m sure he’d be welcome in our VFL program if that was his choice

Aarts was never playing again from the moment he played on from that mark against North. Just like when Tom Derickx dropped a chest mark to cost us the game against GC .. he never played again.

I love that about Dimma … there’s a ‘never again’ switch in his brain for each player that can be turned on with an inability to ever turn it off. I’m sure that switch will be flicked for George in one of his handful of games he gets in 2023.

Was shattered when that switch flipped for Anthony Miles

Excuse the intrusion, was having a read to find some info on your delistings and found this post. Dogs traded players in an area where we are absolutely filled to the brim (the midfield) for: plugging holes in our forward line, defensive line and ruck, salary cap space and got four picks in the first two rounds of an apparent loaded draft next year, we got a net gain in our overall list by losing Zaine Cordy, Josh Schache and Lachie Hunter (handy player but makes Jordan De Goey look like Scott Pendlebury for culture) and somehow still got rated less than Essendon who essentially traded Aaron Francis for Sam Weideman.
me ma (70 years a die hard Bullies supporter,she grew up a torpedo punt from WO) is throwing a party now that the cancer has been sent packing up north,and the other nut job sent packing too,not Cordy or Schache BTW,says she'll pay boths travelling expenses to FO,espesially wont miss the northerner bounds disrespect and division twd al capitano,the irony is the brownlow medallist up there is one of his former captains best mates ;) .....watch this space

Last edited:
Excuse the intrusion, was having a read to find some info on your delistings and found this post. Dogs traded players in an area where we are absolutely filled to the brim (the midfield) for: plugging holes in our forward line, defensive line and ruck, salary cap space and got four picks in the first two rounds of an apparent loaded draft next year, we got a net gain in our overall list by losing Zaine Cordy, Josh Schache and Lachie Hunter (handy player but makes Jordan De Goey look like Scott Pendlebury for culture) and somehow still got rated less than Essendon who essentially traded Aaron Francis for Sam Weideman.
It's the Dildoro effect, if your happy with what the club has achieved then who cares where the media buffoons rate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Street is VFL captain. Deserves to keep it.

Aarts as coach: "Now, lads, when you're down by 2 points and you take a mark 35 out straight in front in the last minute, play on, even if you're slow and there's a bloke on your hammer."

Be nice if he stayed but he'll get paid more somewhere else.
u r a cunny funt

you do not care, that is your negligence.

you have lower standards, lets leave it at that and fight our own separate battles
He does not have lower standards, he just does not believe that the players brought in to Geelong are much chop. Sure, they got pick 7, but they now have 2.2m tied up in someone who was unable to get a game for the Gold Coast. Their most exciting pick up is basically as untested as a draftee in Brauhn. Their last pick up as well has shown to be so mentally soft that a 45 - 70min car drive is too far to be away from family.

The Cats got players in, but from the outset, they got players in for the sake of participating in trade week. Contrast that to us, we identified that we were small around the contest and we relied too heavily on Prestia who has a very damning injury record. We went out and took two top talents that fix that area for us.

Not every move by a rival is worth examining. Sometimes they move for the sake of moving.

He really does
Caddy gave away that putrid fifty with Dimma going off his head calling him a dumb @$&@
Was never in the mix again
Got a few games but that was the end for him basically lol

So how many list spots now?
Pickett will get an upgrade to the senior list you'd assume
I believe he has to be, and honestly think it's wrong to keep a regular player on the rookie list, but I think there might have been a specific reason why that happened?

We have Gibcus. He appears to be well ahead of where 3rd year player De Koning was in his first year in 2020, so no reason to believe he won't continue at a higher trajectory.
Yep, but some of us remember Anthony Banik! Players develop at different rates. Some arrive highly developed with little upside, others arrive very raw and can amaze everyone. V.rare to have a high starting point and then improve exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back