List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Scoops on facebook saying we are into Ginnivan. Don't believe it at all but I was questioning myself on what it would take for me to stop supporting Richmond and him in the Yellow and Black is probably it.
As I said elsewhere. Been strong talks about it for weeks lol . Would never stop following based on who we get in.

Watching Ollie Lord playing well for Port tonight gets me jealous of their KPF stocks. Charlie Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson, Georgiadis, Lord, Thomas Scully. Not a bad deck of options. Dunno what their all important HBF cupboards like but their KPF cupboards chockers compared to our wasteland. We need to target someone like a Lord or Darcy from Bulldogs on the cheap. They know they'll be guaranteed Gametime.

One thing that stands out in these finals games so far is that you need to be strong at the contest, but you also need to have real speed and skill on the outside to give your forwards opportunities to compete in space rather than in congestion.

I think there will be a few quite surprised by how our side looks from 2024 when compared to the teams we've been fielding the last few seasons.

Talk is Dogs in box seat for GC’s pick 4 by giving them 10 and 17.

We should get aggressive and look to trade out Broad, Graham and Soldo whilst they all have value. I’d guesstimate ballpark of #30 for Soldo, #45 for Broad and #40 for Graham.

That leaves us with 25, 30, 40, 44, 45, 62 and 80.

We then trade 40, 44, 45 and 62 (worth 1,261) for pick 17 (1,025 points) from GC.

So we enter the draft with 17, 25, 30 and 80 (they think only 50-55 kids will be taken so 80 becomes effectively 55).

I know we just re-signed him, but Broad plays the same position where we want to develop Brown, Tresize and potentially Bauer. Gibcus can also play on mediums. And with Grimes there for another year we’ve got plenty of coverage in Broad’s role so may as well get some value whilst he has currency.

Graham is dispensable and has value. At 26yo and with great leadership qualities and 2 x flags, he might get us a little more than #40.

And Soldo has great value and we simply don’t need 2 x #1 rucks. Get value for Soldo and put an ‘emergency’ ruck on the list.

This also saves us ballpark of $1m next season in salary.

Are any of Soldo, Graham or Broad going to ‘hurt’ us for an oppo team? No chance.

Broad absence absolutely destroyed Richmond integral to the backline
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Ollie Lord playing well for Port tonight gets me jealous of their KPF stocks. Charlie Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson, Georgiadis, Lord, Thomas Scully. Not a bad deck of options. Dunno what their all important HBF cupboards like but their KPF cupboards chockers compared to our wasteland. We need to target someone like a Lord or Darcy from Bulldogs on the cheap. They know they'll be guaranteed Gametime.

They’ve got great KPF stocks and a superstar midfield and they just got pantsed by 9-goals because their defence is complete sh*te. If your backline isn’t rock solid with loads of high quality players you cannot win flags. I’m glad we’ve focussed on that area of the ground as you only need one decent quality KPF to contend.

Saints the same …. shabby backline and even with superstar defensive coach Lyon they got opened up today very easily.

Dogs? Superstar midfield, superstar ruckman, loads of KPF depth and miss finals as their backline is crud.

Meanwhile Pies are flag favourites and who are their KPF’s? Workmanlike Mihocek, McStay and Cox…. but their defence is brilliant.

We’ve got Grimes who looks finished, Broad who is nearly 31yo, Tarrant who is retired, Vlastuin who is 29yo and people are critical of us recently recruiting a range of defenders…?? Keep in mind we’d not have been banking on Tyler Young coming through.

You cannot be ultimately successful without a truly great backline.

I like Broad. He has been an excellent player… but his last 6-weeks were very ordinary I thought. I’d rather expose a selection of Tresize, Brown, Banks, Gibcus … but with Grimes and Broad there opportunities will be limited and we will lose a season of development… the temptation will be too much to play both those guys every week. I really fear a Grimes type fall for Broad and we will have both of them playing most weeks.

Look at GWS… lost Hopper and TT who were locked in best-22 mids .. lost Bobby Hill ..… but it opened up greater opportunity and other youngsters have thrived. Even their backline … Buckley has gone from a forward to a star defender. Connor Idun is a terrific young defender. They just needed opportunity and they got it with Phil Davis injured and $1m man Nick Haynes playing most weeks as sub.

Going into 2017 Grimes had played 79 games. Vlastuin had played 80. Astbury had played 60. Broad had played two games. None of them looked like being high quality defenders prior to the start of 2017. Those games they got prior to 2017 were invaluable and we need to get games into our next generation of defenders ASAP.

Grimes and Broad are both going to delay that, so whilst Broad has currency get something for him. If we keep him it’s not the end of the world, I just think our next flag contains current youngsters, not Grimes and Broad.

If this years draft is looking a little light on, and we also need to expose a lot of our current crop of youngsters in 2024, then why don’t we look to trade out a couple of the likes of Soldo, Graham, Broad… secure a few extra picks around the 30-40 mark.

Then trade 2 or 3 x picks with the right points amount to GC for their F2 as GC need points this year.

This beefs up our draft hand next year in a season where we will have a much better idea of what we need on our list. If we go no good in 2024 we can then look to trade another player of value for another pick and we enter the draft with 4 x top-30 picks.

Dixon not much chop but yea , lord shows if you invest , you can be rewarded , Marshall will be a very good player too , I don’t know about gerogiadis , hasn’t arrived yet

If this years draft is looking a little light on, and we also need to expose a lot of our current crop of youngsters in 2024, then why don’t we look to trade out a couple of the likes of Soldo, Graham, Broad… secure a few extra picks around the 30-40 mark.

Then trade 2 or 3 x picks with the right points amount to GC for their F2 as GC need points this year.

This beefs up our draft hand next year in a season where we will have a much better idea of what we need on our list. If we go no good in 2024 we can then look to trade another player of value for another pick and we enter the draft with 4 x top-30 picks.

Hopefully the Swans take Soldo? Unsure Graham would have the same interest like last season.

Ginnivan for me could be star he has all the natural talent in the world but as sometimes happens when things are so easy the required work ethic is not there to ensure that talent doesn’t end up as a flash in the pan, it is still a wait and see on him but I would back our leaders to help him grow if he were to end up at the tigers

I like Broad. He has been an excellent player… but his last 6-weeks were very ordinary I thought. I’d rather expose a selection of Tresize, Brown, Banks, Gibcus … but with Grimes and Broad there opportunities will be limited and we will lose a season of development… the temptation will be too much to play both those guys every week. I really fear a Grimes type fall for Broad and we will have both of them playing most weeks.

Look at GWS… lost Hopper and TT who were locked in best-22 mids .. lost Bobby Hill ..… but it opened up greater opportunity and other youngsters have thrived. Even their backline … Buckley has gone from a forward to a star defender. Connor Idun is a terrific young defender. They just needed opportunity and they got it with Phil Davis injured and $1m man Nick Haynes playing most weeks as sub.

Going into 2017 Grimes had played 79 games. Vlastuin had played 80. Astbury had played 60. Broad had played two games. None of them looked like being high quality defenders prior to the start of 2017. Those games they got prior to 2017 were invaluable and we need to get games into our next generation of defenders ASAP.

Grimes and Broad are both going to delay that, so whilst Broad has currency get something for him. If we keep him it’s not the end of the world, I just think our next flag contains current youngsters, not Grimes and Broad.

I Agee with you Broads fluctuating form could be the beginning of his decline but he has now stepped up as leader and Grimes replacement in the backline and will be around to assist our cubs in their transition to first 22 locks. Grimes likely to get early games but, should we not be competitive, will see out the year as depth only

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back