List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

The simple fact is alot of those 3 we're gifted games this year by Mini that's the problem I have even worse if he gets the job you can smell the direction. And now because of that they triggered a contract extension that's puzzling. Let's judge them on the now not the past.

Blair and Livingston are responsible for that. That's what worries me are they game enough to make hard calls this is their first mistake and add to that the Hopper one to giving to much . Let's see if they have a strategy to get us back in the draft.

Looks like the depth of the draft is good this year so would love a couple more picks in the 2nd round.

Where did u hear that? I’d heard it’s a very shallow draft where it’s likely only about 50 players will be taken. I’ve read that a couple of times, so now I’m not sure where the truth lies?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where did u hear that? I’d heard it’s a very shallow draft where it’s likely only about 50 players will be taken. I’ve read that a couple of times, so now I’m not sure where the truth lies?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've read thr same. A small group of players at the top and then even from there to about 50 or 55 is what I read. So many clubs will go with retaining average players or previous recruits rather than cutting deep. So most teams will.be similar nextbyear aside from trades

Was thinking same thing , if A graders yep put in triggers but B/C graders wtf we do that for , mind boggling , 2 of those three should be delisted , some may argue all three

We often forget that contracts are negotiation and never to the sole benefit of the club and none to the player.

‘A’ Graders would very rarely ever have trigger clauses in their contracts. The clause is generally activated on games played, which in theory isn’t an issue for top 10 players at a club.

It’s more common where players want an additional year on a contract, and the club don’t want it. This is more common with your ‘B’ grade players. The compromise is is a contract trigger which in theory, if a player isn’t good enough to warrant a new contract they won’t play enough games.

Let’s also not forget you’re trying to predict the future. Graham signed his extension in 2020 and McIntosh in 2021. Can’t predict how the future would have gone at that point surely.
The simple fact is alot of those 3 we're gifted games this year by Mini that's the problem I have even worse if he gets the job you can smell the direction. And now because of that they triggered a contract extension that's puzzling. Let's judge them on the now not the past.

Blair and Livingston are responsible for that. That's what worries me are they game enough to make hard calls this is their first mistake and add to that the Hopper one to giving to much . Let's see if they have a strategy to get us back in the draft.

The triggers are on games played and it was well known that Jack Graham was pretty close to reaching his.

I assume therefore that the contract trigger was 100 games. For McIntosh probably 150 games reached. Pickett harder to predict but I’d say 75 at a guess.

Graham reached 100 games in round 3; McIntosh reached 150 games in round 4. So if my assumption holds both were very early triggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing and performing at VFL is one thing. He had his chances, wouldn’t go down this path.

Everyone couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Now everyone wants him back

We often forget that contracts are negotiation and never to the sole benefit of the club and none to the player.

‘A’ Graders would very rarely ever have trigger clauses in their contracts. The clause is generally activated on games played, which in theory isn’t an issue for top 10 players at a club.

It’s more common where players want an additional year on a contract, and the club don’t want it. This is more common with your ‘B’ grade players. The compromise is is a contract trigger which in theory, if a player isn’t good enough to warrant a new contract they won’t play enough games.

Let’s also not forget you’re trying to predict the future. Graham signed his extension in 2020 and McIntosh in 2021. Can’t predict how the future would have gone at that point surely.

The triggers are on games played and it was well known that Jack Graham was pretty close to reaching his.

I assume therefore that the contract trigger was 100 games. For McIntosh probably 150 games reached. Pickett harder to predict but I’d say 75 at a guess.

Graham reached 100 games in round 3; McIntosh reached 150 games in round 4. So if my assumption holds both were very early triggers.
Not sure works like that mate I think it's the number of games played in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back