List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Upgrades or give them (the kids) a chance to develop and progress to push them out of the 22 Dow is only 21 Banks and Brown younger and 2nd year players

Ross was looking pretty similar this time last year

Think alot of us have forgotten that it actually takes time and investment before most players become walk in best 22 selections after having a well drilled mature plahing group for the past 5 - 6 years with only a small handful of younger players
So right, it took Shane Edwards over 100 games to play consistent football

So right, it took Shane Edwards over 100 games to play consistent football
That’s it
& improvement is rarely a straight consistent upwards trend either

Look at Cumbo & Sonsie who I definitely had higher expectations for coming into this year but for whatever reason we didn’t see them play the type of footy we know they can

Looking forward to see them have another crack next year

That’s it
& improvement is rarely a straight consistent upwards trend either

Look at Cumbo & Sonsie who I definitely had higher expectations for coming into this year but for whatever reason we didn’t see them play the type of footy we know they can

Looking forward to see them have another crack next year
Cumbo to blow the comp up under Yze.
He be perfect coach for him as he never had a right foot either and excelled

Can those idiots that didn’t support recruiting HH or Hogan a few years ago remove themselves from further discussions, its just beyond the pale

I didn’t want him. I lived in the same suburb as him in Perth and the street he flipped his car on is reasonably wide and a bit sloped. Nothing that anyone who wasn’t off his face could navigate.

On top of his other efforts of being passed out drunk in public.

Could of easily gone very badly for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH is on a contract that is rumoured to be over 700k. That is what I would pay for prime Rance/Scarlett and HH ain't at that level yet.

Hogan, sure he looks great and has always had a heap of potential, however, until this year his body was letting him down and his love of Darts was not inspiring any confidence.
That was 10 years ago mate

players like Ben McKay are demanding $800k these days

Prime Rance / Scarlett today would be demanding $1 mil +

There are no good free agents left so you don't go buying them. Buy draft picks this year instead and lets see what Yze can do with the chess pieces he has. Then end of next year we will know whether to money ball or rebuild (given we cannot even effectively start a rebuild this year unless we trade out our culture).

The art to a rebuild is important. You can't just rip out everyone old and go down hard as you end up like Carlton, North, Hawthorn and it takes a decade to get anywhere near relevant. You also can't not play kids and keep old players with a constant top-up. Geelong is the only club I have seen do this but they have an unfair talent pool with family ties.

Next year will be a real test of where we are at. On paper we still look good but lets just see. I just look at a GWS, Brisbane, GC, type list of talent and think it will be hard to match them unless we have ZERO injuries.

Cumbo to blow the comp up under Yze.
He be perfect coach for him as he never had a right foot either and excelled
Reckon our success started by spotting the strengths of our players and working with them to develop a gameplan. What we've done since then is take that mould and try and cram every new player into it instead of going back to the original concept of playing players to their strengths and formulating a complementary gameplan from there. Hope Yze isn't gonna try and turn every forward under 190cm into a tackling machine just because it worked for rioli, butler and george.

Reckon our success started by spotting the strengths of our players and working with them to develop a gameplan. What we've done since then is take that mould and try and cram every new player into it instead of going back to the original concept of playing players to their strengths and formulating a complementary gameplan from there. Hope Yze isn't gonna try and turn every forward under 190cm into a tackling machine just because it worked for rioli, butler and george.

This is spot on, why the **** did they steer away from this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone copy paste?

Edit: It's Port Adelaide apparently. Which makes no sense since Jordan Sweet has already requested a trade there....:think:

They have no ruck depth so they need multiple rucks, Soldo would be their number 1 ruck

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back