Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brock McLean

Read the opening post?

Melbourne has put him on the table.

The kid may not want to go anywhere, but he may not have any choice.

So Melbourne accept a $10,000 donation by a player, then cut his salary and trade him?

If that happens then head should roll (and not players)

Brock coughed up $10,000 out of his own pocket to help save the Dees.

He is going nowhere

I coughed up money to save the Lions, Tigers and Dogs - I still follow the CFC. Carlton are the reason Collingwood even exist - extend your thinking. :)

It wouldn't be the first time a player was moved on from his preferred club.
For someone who is "slow" he certainly racks up possessions in a sh*t team.
If we could get him for the right price he would give us a bit of experience and depth.

Re: Richard Hadley could also return to the Gabba from Carlton....

Brisbane Lions chasing Andrew Raines and Richard Hadley for 2010
If they could take the good bits out of each one they'd have a good player.........:eek:

(Waving hand across in Jedi fashion)
Straight swap for Rich........clearly choked in the finals......you guys don't want a player like that.........Hads has a GF under his belt.......much better suited to you.........move along......move along....... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Jamie Charman for a year or two?? He won't get a game at Brissy next year with Clark and Leunberger in the ruck.

The Blues could then move Kruezer to Centre Half Forward, and have Warnock/Charman do the rucking.

Hampson as a back up.

Cloke delisted. Jacobs traded.

So it's Hadley to Brisbane for Jamie Charman. :):thumbsu:

Re: Matthew Spangher

Spangher wouldnt leave the Eagles to be a depth player Blue Dimension. Hes in our best 22 IMO.

Way too similar to what you already have. Why trade for Spangher when ya got Waite in his spot is beyond me. Sounds like media rubbish to me. Remember Spanghers agent is a Mr Colin Young. Wants more coin from the Eagles and hes just putting his normal ******** tactics into full swing

What about Jamie Charman for a year or two?? He won't get a game at Brissy next year with Clark and Leunberger in the ruck.

The Blues could then move Kruezer to Centre Half Forward, and have Warnock/Charman do the rucking.

Hampson as a back up.

Cloke delisted. Jacobs traded.

So it's Hadley to Brisbane for Jamie Charman. :):thumbsu:

Hampson > Charman.

Charman is finished. Footy skills may be better than Hampson, but Hampson is a better tap ruck now, more mobile, and won't be far behind in his skills.

If the Lions had another ruck option they'd trade him, but they'll use him as backup to Clarke/Leuenberger.

Spangher wouldnt leave the Eagles to be a depth player Blue Dimension. Hes in our best 22 IMO.

Way too similar to what you already have. Why trade for Spangher when ya got Waite in his spot is beyond me. Sounds like media rubbish to me. Remember Spanghers agent is a Mr Colin Young. Wants more coin from the Eagles and hes just putting his normal ******** tactics into full swing

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying. Clubs dont trade for players for depth. That is very, very rare.

The idea is that Waite will be playing permanent forward next year or on the wing ala Richo style.

That leaves us with only 4 backline options in Bower, Thornton, Jamison and the developing Austin. A 5th in Spangher would fit the bill. I'm sure you saw how our KPP back stocks were low in the elim final against Brisbane.

Hrmm, would be a strange turn of events considdering he wanted out of Brisbane at the time and Brisbane wanted to keep him.

If he wants to go, let him go as long as we get adequately compensated.

Sounds like another one of those WA Brad Hardie rumours. Why would we chase a player who is clearly behind Thornton, Bower, Jamo, Waite and Austin. Would only be for extra depth, and there's probably much better options in the PSD or draft. We have 5 very good KP defenders on our list, and were only struggling at seasons end because 3 of them were injured. :)

Seriously, I cant think of anything the Lions have that we would want or expect in fair trade.
I would take Jed Adcock to play in the guts or Drummond/McGrath to play off half back for a start, might need to couple Hadley up with a pick or someone we dont really need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back