Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richard Hadley could also return to the Gabba from Carlton....

43 + Hadley for Pick 28 I think.

He's not worth 28, he's worth more than 44 and I think is being used on Raines anyway. Wouldn't be trading him for the sake of it, but at the same time if he wants to go and the appropriate offer is there, I'd be interested.

Ideally, this would end up with us getting Sam Sheldon home, but an unlikely prospect just the same.

Instead, I'd be open to seeing if a straight swap for Troy Selwood is available also.

Yeah, I think this post is more or less along the right path. Doubt Sheldon will leave Brisbane and Brisbane won't let him go.

Not to keen on Selwood personally but It could be an option.

The draft pick trade you've suggested seems to be about right.

Re: Daniel Stewart

Or perhaps even Hartlett, Edwards and Pfieffer for Donald Dickie and Darren Mead.

This is about the only trade that made any sense in this thread....:rolleyes:

Re: Brock McLean

I find it highly unlikely to near impossible that Brock McLean would be tempted to move on from the Melbourne Footy Club and I find it just as impossible that Melbourne have "put him on the table". He's probably our next captain and he bleeds red and blue so the "tempted to move on" line is just crap, as is Melbourne putting him on the trade table.

All just seems like bullshit.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that he was wanting to head back to WA.
.....and Spangher to us.

The three way "fringe player" deal. :thumbsu:

Yeah I think that's got potential to work also. Hadley for Spangher in essence, I don't mind.

Really puts the onus on us to find another extractor type though. Could this be a lifeline for Adam Bentick or Greg Bentley? Are we more inclined to promote Ellard now? Does Daniel Harris become more of an alluring option?

Fourth rounder is all he's worth or perhaps Hooper or Harding?? Especially if he wants to come to us.

Won't get a gun like Adcock or Sammy Sheldon soz & we won't give up our second rounder for him.

A 3 way deal involving The Eagles and Dalziell seems about right.

I would like to keep hadley to be honest, he just needs an injury free year and he will show his workth.

Hadley's dad is Brisbane's head of recruiting so maybe he has been getting in his ear about returning to brisbane.

But I am pretty certain his dad is actually based in melbourne with his role so if he did go back to brisbane it wouldn't to be closer to his family.

Fourth rounder is all he's worth or perhaps Hooper or Harding?? Especially if he wants to come to us.

No need for Hooper. Got Betts, Yarran, Garlett and Ellard already. Harding is interesting, but would probably need to be packaged with something. With the shallow depth of this year's draft, Hadley is worth more to us than a fourth rounder, and if he wanted out due to problems with Ratts as has been rumoured, we'd probably be able to get a better fourth rounder elsewhere anyway.

You've already earmarked your third round pick, and second/fourth rounder are too high/low. Best you'd be able to do is downgrade your second rounder to our third.

A 3 way deal involving The Eagles and Dalziell seems about right.

Don Henley for Bradd Dalziell?

Interesting.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Brock McLean

I find it highly unlikely to near impossible that Brock McLean would be tempted to move on from the Melbourne Footy Club and I find it just as impossible that Melbourne have "put him on the table". He's probably our next captain and he bleeds red and blue so the "tempted to move on" line is just crap, as is Melbourne putting him on the trade table.

All just seems like bullshit.
The only thing worse than the club denying that they are doing it.....is NOT denying they are doing it.

Sit tight mate. It's a shit time of year.

Two years ago we had Denham trying to tell us Fev could have gotten through to the Swans in the PSD........journo's are as bad as anyone peddaling crap this time of year.

Don't get worked up over it. :thumbsu:

Matthews v Voss seems to be the vibe going around the traps
Ah yes........the "traps".

Seems like an unusual name at first glance, for a place you hear rumours.......but then when you think about it......it's quite aptly named. :thumbsu:

Shaun Hampson and 2nd rnd pick for Taylor Walker ???

Why is it, Essendon and Collingwood are chasing hard for an gun young key foward who apparently is on the trade market (rumoured anyway) but not us ??

Anyhow Taylor Walker is exactly the type of player we should be 'targetting' and I'm loathe to give up pick 11 for anyone, however the Crows are looking to build their ruckstocks, and I honestly think we should use Hampson as part of an trade offer to the Crows for Walker, plus throw in our 2nd rounder as well.

That would seem to me would be an fair swap, we wouldn't be given up too much (I'm sorry I'm not a big rap for Hampson truth be told, but he would have higher trade value, then our other tradeable ruckman in Jacobs) and I figure we he would be dispensible in order to get a tall key marking foward to the club.

Re: Shaun Hampson and 2nd rnd pick for Taylor Walker ???

Hampson AND a pick for Walker?

Walker couldn't get a game ahead of Hentschel who was serviceable at best.......and you think we'd need to sweeten that deal?

Pass.

Walker is a talent, but ruckmen are a rare breed, especially atheltic types like Hampson.

If we are going to trade Hammer it will be next year to the GC for a top 10 pick IMO.

Jacobs is from SA. If Port or Crows are looking for a ruckman they can fight over his services......can't see it happening though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back