List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow 3 for 5 and 7! Would absolutely have to involve other picks somewhere, perhaps a future 1st from our end.

In a silly way pick 7 is kind of as valuable to them as pick 15, either way it will be used on one of their academy picks.

Hogan and Lobb signed up so next years first also loses value in a trading sense from our end.

This would be a ridiculous trade in our favour if we pulled it off.

I was thinking 7 and 15 + McCarthy for pick 3 would be great for us!

They have a number of accademy players worth pick 4 to 8.

It would help them out if no body bid on them until pick 9.

Well it would come with assurances we don't bid at pick 5 or 7 for a start. Plus they need to be willing to let a player go if the bid is too high and trying to force their hand. I read this morning Essendon may bid on an academy player. I'd say there's ZERO chance of that happening. It's all games.

Imagine Essendon bid on Setterfield or Bowes or Perryman and GC or GWS don't match. Their supporters would turn rabid, that they didn't pick up a genuine number 1.

I doubt Freo would play games either and in fact neither would GC. Victorian clubs might, but with picks 3 to 7 effectively locked up with interstate sides I'm starting to think this 3 for 5 & 7 thing might have legs.

BUT the only other big thing is it doesn't guarantee McGrath, but highly likely guarantees a pick before bids which is the same as 2 high quality players from their academy.

Interesting times!

If we get 5 & 7 we surely have to be giving them next years first as well. Id only do that if we got theirs back.
That's a sweet deal.

Freo 2016 #3 + Freo 2017 1st for GWS 2016 #5, GWS 2016 #7, GWS 2017 1st + McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we could've ended up paying pick 3 & 16 for CM but it could end up we have picks 5 & 7 + CM.....
There's no way that happens unfortunately. Unless there is players and/or significant other picks heading GWS's way. It's a nice little fantasy way to start trade week though.

The GWS deal seems great...a little too great. It is clear that GWS want McCluggage, and he is open to move anywhere which makes him ideal for them retaining a future star. I believe Essendon will take Will Brodie, and Brisbane are also open to trading #2. Gold Coast will be using #4 on Bowes.

The only way GWS will take our pick 3, is if they get to pick #2 knowing Essendon will take Brodie, or they will want to get the #1. Would Brisbane accept picks 5 and 7 for pick 2? Would we accept pick 3 for 5 and 7. I would say yes in both cases.
So why would they trade 3 for 5, 7 and Mc? Does not seem to add up to me.

I like it, but wishful thinking - something is missing here. The only thing I can assume is we give a second round to GWS for McCarthy as well.

Interesting to see what unfolds here.

Does anyone have any idea (I'm looking at you Tayl0r ) when we'll know what compo we'll get for him?
Even if Chris sent me a text with his exact contract details the AFL commission can change the compensation pick if their matrix presents an answer they didn't expect.

So who knows? Nobody. If we get out of it with a second pick we did alright, anything more than that and Chris is a hero of the club.

The GWS deal seems great...a little too great. It is clear that GWS want McCluggage, and he is open to move anywhere which makes him ideal for them retaining a future star. I believe Essendon will take Will Brodie, and Brisbane are also open to trading #2. Gold Coast will be using #4 on Bowes.

The only way GWS will take our pick 3, is if they get to pick #2 knowing Essendon will take Brodie, or they will want to get the #1. Would Brisbane accept picks 5 and 7 for pick 2? Would we accept pick 3 for 5 and 7. I would say yes in both cases.

I like it, but wishful thinking - something is missing here. The only thing I can assume is we give a second round to GWS for McCarthy as well.

If any of the academy clubs select their own academy player with their pick they need to fire their list manager immediately.

If any of the academy clubs select their own academy player with their pick they need to fire their list manager immediately.

I thought Bowes was a lock top 3, so won't Bowes have to go at 4? otherwise surely he would go at 5? I can't get my head around the system - you have helped me get 70% there :) I would be stoked to get Bowes.

Even if Chris sent me a text with his exact contract details the AFL commission can change the compensation pick if their matrix presents an answer they didn't expect.

So who knows? Nobody. If we get out of it with a second pick we did alright, anything more than that and Chris is a hero of the club.

Thanks Tayl0r. I was more at looking at when rather than what. Just so we know what we have in our trade basket.

pick 3 plus first round pick 2017 for pick 5,7 and Mc

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back