Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

If you take Chief 's arguments to their full extent that's where you'd end up, which is not a good place for female competitors.

(Oh when have you cared about women's sport before blah blah blah)
It’s quite simple for most of us. You verse the sex you were born.

If you choose to transition fantastic, no issues from me… just don’t expect to compete against women.

Last edited:
If you take Chief 's arguments to their full extent that's where you'd end up, which is not a good place for female competitors.

(Oh when have you cared about women's sport before blah blah blah)
Yeah, the only one here who really cares about women's sport is the dude calling a female boxer a bigot for not wanting to get in the ring with a biological male.

Geez, well that's ordinary if they're not meant to disclose it.

You should find a female boxer and make this point to her and see how it goes.

You've seriously got your tin foil hat on here, I don't believe she's making a political point here, she's worried about her safety which is fair enough.
Oh no no no,

'Concern for my safety' = misgendering.

She's not really worried about her safety, she's just using that as a veil for bigotry.

Just ask the intellectual giants on here, they know best.

End thread.

Oh no no no,

'Concern for my safety' = misgendering.

She's not really worried about her safety, she's just using that as a veil for bigotry.

Just ask the intellectual giants on here, they know best.

End thread.
Did she misgender her opponent once she found out they were a trans woman?

Did she misgender her opponent once she found out they were a trans woman?
As far as I know she didn't misgender her at all, in that article.

Unless of course raising concern for her own safety is considered misgendering? If that is that is the case I'd confidently argue, with clear conscience that is at best rather pedantic, and not intended to misgender, the intent is to raise concern for her own safety.

Yeah I know, how dare she.

As far as I know she didn't misgender her at all, in that article.

Unless of course raising concern for her own safety is considered misgendering? If that is that is the case I'd confidently argue, with clear conscience that is at best rather pedantic, and not intended to misgender, the intent is to raise concern for her own safety.

Yeah I know, how dare she.
She refers to her opponent as 'he' twice later on in the article. I think this is the misgendering that Gralin is referring to (rightfully so).

She refers to her opponent as 'he' twice later on in the article. I think this is the misgendering that Gralin is referring to (rightfully so).
Fair enough, I read the article and didn't see that she mentioned he.

Ok if she did that intentionally then also fair enough. I've misread the conversation, 'safety' has come across as 'misgendering'

Apologies all.

Doesn't change the fact that she has the right to have concern for her own safety, I thought that was the 'misgendering' that Gralin and co are losing their minds over, and using as a justification to paint this boxer as a bigot, when she might not be a bigot at all.

My niece is transgender, she mistakenly gets called by her birth name all the time by family members, even my sister, her mum, coz they were used to her growing up as 'X' and not 'Y'.

But according to the bleeding hearts in here, they too are bigots, just so the bleeding hearts can grind their axe.

It's unlikely they're ever the exact same. They do tend to have fighters compete against each other who were born the same sex though, I think for common sense reasons really.
Well as humankind we're getting to a point where inclusion trumps common sense.

Practic need not be considered.

Fair enough, I read the article and didn't see that she mentioned he.

Ok if she did that intentionally then also fair enough. I've misread the conversation, 'safety' has come across as 'misgendering'

Apologies all.

Doesn't change the fact that she has the right to have concern for her own safety, I thought that was the 'misgendering' that Gralin and co are losing their minds over, and using as a justification to paint this boxer as a bigot, when she might not be a bigot at all.

My niece is transgender, she mistakenly gets called by her birth name all the time by family members, even my sister, her mum, coz they were used to her growing up as 'X' and not 'Y'.

But according to the bleeding hearts in here, they too are bigots, just so the bleeding hearts can grind their axe.
Nobody's losing their mind.

There are people coming in from a long run up to have a jolly good rant about stuff without actually reading things properly though.

There are also people derailing the thread with tediously vacuous bullshit about listening to bigots just in case they accidentally have a salient discussion point 0.1% of the time.

How sexist that the party of women didn't get many votes
Yeah i'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the Party of Women is anti abortion

Definitely sexism given 88% of the votes went to women

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back