Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other....

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that he has to, would be good if Battle out of respect for the people who have invested in him over his Saints journey came out at some stage & explained his reason for backflipping. Until then, it's just confusing & sad really.

Not that he has to, would be good if Battle out of respect for the people who have invested in him over his Saints journey came out at some stage & explained his reason for backflipping. Until then, it's just confusing & sad really.
Nar what's done is done. It's not unusual for absconding players to miss the B&F, and who really cares anyway. The sooner this absurd melodrama is over the better.

He's only beholden to his mates at the club and the club itself, owes us nothing.

It'll eventually come out in the wash, as these things always do, until then; we'd best have Dingley spotters lookout for the daycare so we can get the first word in and break that news ourselves, a BF first investigative journalist pursuit. You can even on-site methane vanish if you get found out to one up Purple, what's not to like?

I haven't seen one spirited defence of the system yet. It's all either what you've said or people saying that St Kilda's a shit club or whatever. Absolutely no arguments that this system benefits the game in any particular way.

Everyone knows it's a rort. Sydney showed the AFL exactly where they'd messed up the points system straight away. They don't care.

I'd happily give up Battle compo, FS and any NGA rights we might have now and into the future for a real draft. Won't happen. The league is not happy if they're not ruining something.
I love other fans calling us a loser club, even though many clubs are losing out and not doing relatively better (because of the Northern academies).

One other thing that doesn’t get mentioned much. It absolutely shits me the amount of players signed outside of the drafts. Sure, if they slide through the drafts and you take them over summer. But ex runners and cricketers and basketballers and Irishmen. Ffs. Mainly headed to big clubs too.

The fact that the swans have drafted pretty poorly in the open draft since 2019 with the exception of Warner & Maybe McDonald and yet still played off for a flag really highlights the extraordinary impact of the swans academy.
If we’d had that many draft misses over the same period (without an academy), we’d be stuck in the bottom 3.
It does make me a little nervous about Dalrympal.
Good point re: academies almost entirely driving their success.

McDonald is still young, but gee…

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Trevor Barker Award 2024 Mon 30 Sept 7:30pm

Back