MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

BRISBANE star Charlie Cameron will miss the blockbuster clash against Sydney on Sunday, with the Lions forward one four players to cop suspensions from Sunday's action.
Cameron has copped a three-week ban for his tackle on West Coast's Liam Duggan, while Greater Western Sydney's Toby Bedford (three weeks) and Gold Coast pair Alex Davies (three weeks) and Malcolm Rosas jnr (one week) have also been rubbed out.

Davies should have been rubbed out for at least 5 and Rosas 3. The latter was a gutless drive by snipe.

Use your heads, snapperheads.

dont think Cameron or Bedford were too bad. Neither player slung or did anything particularly dangerous except take a player to ground, and not really with any force near the head.
Dont think they are worth 3.

Davies was much worse than Cameron's. Much worse.

yep, davies could end a career
i think a head bounce is the worst that could have happened with Cameron.

Rating both severe means they don't have a scale that works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is that Davies bump less than SPP and rankine?

And only one for that Rosas snipe? Wtf.

And then Bedford gets 3 for a similar tackle to dangers that got thrown out.

What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SPP’s 4 week preseason suspension is now worth 3 weeks. Cool cool cool.
Exactly, how was SPP, a purely unlucky slight clip, worth more than a direct smash into the head.

****ed if I can understand how that works.

Clearly a 'Port' tax.

That SPP suspension was so ridiculous it isn't funny.

From the Guidelines:

Secondly, the potential to cause injury must be factored into the
determination of Impact, particularly in the following cases:
» Intentional strikes, such as those with a swinging clenched fist,
raised forearm or elbow;
» High bumps, particularly with significant head contact
and/or Player momentum;
» Any head-high contact with a Player who has his head over the ball,
particularly when contact is made from an opponent approaching
from a front-on position;

» Forceful swings that make head-high contact to a Player
in a marking contest, ruck contest or when tackling;
» Any contact that occurs when the Victim Player should not
reasonably be expecting or is not reasonably prepared for
contact (i.e. contact off the ball); and

» Any dangerous tackle.

Both Rosas and Davies were kissed on the ****

MRO doesn’t read his own Guidelines. I couldn’t find the Guideline that says Port indigenous players will be graded more severely but to insist on 4 for SPP and let Davies get away with 3 for a concussion and potential spinal injury, is clear double standards that show the system is broken.

The MRO has opened himself to accusations of impartiality that mean he is not fit for the job and ought to be replaced.

Yeah it’s hard not to come to the conclusion the AFL is either corrupt or incompetent
Clearly double standards
SPP & Rankine both got 4 and both had mitigating factors. Eg the sling & accidental head clash
Davies was straight up 5
Rosas was 2-3

But I guess the AFLs desire to promote its northern expansion means different rules for the suns boys.

A 1 match suspension for the Rosas drive by is beyond ridiculous o_O, an attack like that on a completely unsuspecting player has to be worth at least 3 games, and the Giant's player Bedford getting 3 matches for what appeared to be a legitimate tackle belongs in the same category!

The Bedford suspension is an official jumping of the shark. What did he do wrong? Didn't sling him, didn't headlock him, didn't drive him into the ground with any particular force. Not even a free kick, let alone a three week suspension.

If we're going to start suspending people for tackles like that, then the AFL is going to have to outlaw taking both of the opposition player's arms in a tackle, and by that point we may as well be playing touch footy.

How many Martin Luther King Jnr awards do you reckon Laura Kane, Michael Christian and Andrew Dillion want to accumulate in 12 months? 200?

A 1 match suspension for the Rosas drive by is beyond ridiculous o_O, an attack like that on a completely unsuspecting player has to be worth at least 3 games, and the Giant's player Bedford getting 3 matches for what appeared to be a legitimate tackle belongs in the same category!

I bet SUNS don't appeal the Rosas one - more like "start the car!" Laura Kane should be appealing it though, as manifestly inadequate.

BRISBANE star Charlie Cameron will miss the blockbuster clash against Sydney on Sunday, with the Lions forward one four players to cop suspensions from Sunday's action.
Cameron has copped a three-week ban for his tackle on West Coast's Liam Duggan, while Greater Western Sydney's Toby Bedford (three weeks) and Gold Coast pair Alex Davies (three weeks) and Malcolm Rosas jnr (one week) have also been rubbed out.
So you can't bump, but now you can't tackle either?
Not sure what Cameron or Bedford have done wrong there

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back