Tribute Match teams announced- 5 hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawford should of been selected, being such a champion for the game

13 geelong players is a bit much, this is not all australian, and all clubs should have about 5 players nominated...make it more fair

Crawford should of been selected, being such a champion for the game

13 geelong players is a bit much, this is not all australian, and all clubs should have about 5 players nominated...make it more fair

Agreed Crawf is better then Kane Johnson

Right now they are 40 man squads so there is still a chance some of the hawks get cut out of the team.

There will be an injury to a key player out of this match and i'd like to know who will compensate the club for that loss when it happens.

For all of you who are spruiking about how many hawthorn players are selected lets just see how you all react when it is one of ours or more then one that gets injured in a nothing match that means nothing to the Hawthorn FC....

We'll have over 3 miilion dollars worth of assets running around the G for a BS tribute match because the AFL wants it......its a joke.

Spot on. Our players interest should be 100% focused on bringing a premiership home to the Hawthorn Football Club. These meaningless promo games are a big wank for the AFL. I have no doubt there will be injuries to someone, but will pray it's not a Hawk.

Just imagine. Buddy gets tackled heavily and breaks his wrist. Hodge gets crunched in a marking contest and falls to the ground with a serious knee injury :eek:. Screw these BS promo matches. Of coarse Brownie will be fine. He's bullet proof.

I for one hope all the boys go down with some mystery gastro/viral complaint 48hrs prior to the match.

Spot on. Our players interest should be 100% focused on bringing a premiership home to the Hawthorn Football Club. These meaningless promo games are a big wank for the AFL. I have no doubt there will be injuries to someone, but will pray it's not a Hawk.

Just imagine. Buddy gets tackled heavily and breaks his wrist. Hodge gets crunched in a marking contest and falls to the ground with a serious knee injury :eek:. Screw these BS promo matches. Of coarse Brownie will be fine. He's bullet proof.

I for one hope all the boys go down with some mystery gastro/viral complaint 48hrs prior to the match.

In times like these the toothless, the ugly and the intellectually stupid can be thankful they barrack for Richmond.

They should have had this match at the end of the season, AFTER the Grand Final.
Similar to the NFL where the Probowl is after the Superbowl.

Exactly. Playing in the middle of the season :thumbsdown:

This is being organised so the corporates at the AFL can have a bloody good free feed and drink all in the name of the game.

Sammy to stay in and represent us and the rest to have a 24 hour virus.

Not the final team by the way, anyone can be added to the squad or deleted as required.

Its amazing reading these comments and in the main, everyone is thinking/saying a similar thing....

"the less Hawks that play in this game, the better".....

It appears not too many (in particular the hawks supporters I talk with over here in the west) care what the result of the tribute match is...

The core thing that we are watching for is to ensure that the Hawks players are not injured...........based on this being true, doesn't this game kind of fall into the farcical???:confused:

I for one can't wait for the match, I haven't been to see the Big V play before and am looking forward to seeing as many Hawks play as is required. The match is going ahead so no need to waste time whinging about it. They wont get injured and there's nothing we can do about it if they do. I hope Buddy kicks a bag and the Vics win!

I for one can't wait for the match, I haven't been to see the Big V play before and am looking forward to seeing as many Hawks play as is required. The match is going ahead so no need to waste time whinging about it. They wont get injured and there's nothing we can do about it if they do. I hope Buddy kicks a bag and the Vics win!

How do you know they wont get injured, i dont our players playing part of some rubish exhibition match. YAY its Vic against the all stars, who cares.

If this was real state of origin, With S.A, W.A and Vic that would give it a little more meaning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on MC_9......:thumbsu:

Exactly how can anyone know
"...they won't get injured"???

The only way to know is if they are NOT playing.........(which is the exact reason why we don't want them playing!)

1 week injuries to those 5 players anyone? or even better suspensions? because, the AFL did say this is an official match, since these guys are in those squads, they could be suspended for that match:p get the AFL red-Faced so we will never have a stupid match like this again! ever:D

No, i dont want them suspended, but i am thinking of the future

I am shocked at the response here!

I, for one, am both excited about the match and also very happy about having five of our players honored with an invitation. In fact I had hoped crawf and sewell would also be selected, and was disappointed that they weren't!

Firstly it's good for our players to get the recognition they deserve; secondly there's the bragging rights for us, the supporters of a club that had a good amount of players selected; and thirdly we now have the opportunity to watch a game that is of an elevated level to the games we see in the normal season.

To expand on that last point - one of the major draws of soccer are some of the exclusive cups that teams play for. In Europe there are the national leagues (epl, serie a, etc.) and then cup competitions for the best of the best (champions league, uefa cup, etc.). The matches on display in these competitions are of amazing quality, as the quality of the teams battling against each other are so high.

If you look at any team there are a lot of good players, a few great players, and (depending on the team) a certain number of average players. Even in a grand final there are a few not-so-good players on display. In this match, however, every single player is a star. No players that shank kicks, no players that will shirk a contest or not chase as hard as they can after an opponent with the ball, no players that can't turn a match on their own if they decide to switch it on. The possibility for a massive spectacle at any time in the match is limitless.

Now I hear what you are saying, and yes, it would, be undesirable to have a player, a champion, from our club injured, but with a few selected from most teams it is essentially an even chance for any team to lose a star. Furthermore players can get injured any time - in training (tim boyle), pre season (beau muston), walking their dog (i can't remember the player but this did happen!).

In any case I think you're focusing on the wrong thing in regards to this match. Think a little bigger; this is for the greater good of "the game".

And it's happening whether you want it to or not, so you may as well get excited!!!

players outside the 40 can be added and Choco Williams has said that he was impressed with Crawfs return and would keep an eye on him.. should get in if his form continues..

I agree Sewell should at least be in the 40, but understand if they dont want to play taggers and go all out attack.. would be good to see sewell play, seems like the type of bloke that would thrive on playing for the big V!

Five players too many. :thumbsdown:

Yes, but Geelong have 13 players in & therefore have 2.6 times more chance of copping the major injury that 'everyone' believes to be inevitable in this match.

Without wishing an injury on a player of any club, the numbers are well and truly in our favour.

I am shocked at the response here!

In any case I think you're focusing on the wrong thing in regards to this match. Think a little bigger; this is for the greater good of "the game".

And it's happening whether you want it to or not, so you may as well get excited!!!

I'm sorry mate.....I can't think any bigger than a premiership for this club and if this game risks that, then I would rest easier knowing the less hawks playing the better....

As an actual game (say, if it were played after the season), I reckon it would be worth a look, but nothing on watching the Hawks at the moment.

There will be an injury to a key player out of this match and i'd like to know who will compensate the club for that loss when it happens.

For all of you who are spruiking about how many hawthorn players are selected lets just see how you all react when it is one of ours or more then one that gets injured in a nothing match that means nothing to the Hawthorn FC....

We'll have over 3 miilion dollars worth of assets running around the G for a BS tribute match because the AFL wants it......its a joke.

Abso;ute;y agree. I'd rather none of our players were taking part. We're risking our assets for nothing.

geelong having 13 players in the squad is ridiculous, they are not that much better than everyone else as everyone seems to believe. A joke really. Hope our blokes run rings around them and buddy kicks 10 on scarlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribute Match teams announced- 5 hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back