Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A challenger appears.

This guy who i've used for a bunch of renos before but was unavailable for this particular bathroom project, referred me to the guy who just quoted me 70k.
I sent the quote to my guy, and he said "pardon my french but **** me drunk, i'm gonna tell him in person that he's having an absolute lend. This is a disgrace. You go and you tell him you are gonna leave it for now."

did lol.

In any case, he's putting off his retirement to do this job for me now, and getting his band of tradies together. He's promising up to a third of the price. He called out particular things on the quote that were outrageous (and I agree).

$850 to book a skip bin lol, he's like "I can do that for $200", demo was about 4k for both bathrooms, he's like i'll do it for two. He's coming over tonight to chat. We're gonna usurp the 3D designs provided by the first guy lol. See where we end up.

A challenger appears.

This guy who i've used for a bunch of renos before but was unavailable for this particular bathroom project, referred me to the guy who just quoted me 70k.
I sent the quote to my guy, and he said "pardon my french but * me drunk, i'm gonna tell him in person that he's having an absolute lend. This is a disgrace. You go and you tell him you are gonna leave it for now."

did lol.

In any case, he's putting off his retirement to do this job for me now, and getting his band of tradies together. He's promising up to a third of the price. He called out particular things on the quote that were outrageous (and I agree).

$850 to book a skip bin lol, he's like "I can do that for $200", demo was about 4k for both bathrooms, he's like i'll do it for two. He's coming over tonight to chat. We're gonna usurp the 3D designs provided by the first guy lol. See where we end up.

They've seen the cars parked in the drive and figured they can screw over this nonce lol

They've seen the cars parked in the drive and figured they can screw over this nonce lol
This is probably close to the truth I think. I'm actually a little conscious of it. I should make sure i've got em in the grudge.

A challenger appears.

I sent the quote to my guy, and he said "pardon my french but * me drunk, i'm gonna tell him in person that he's having an absolute lend. This is a disgrace. You go and you tell him you are gonna leave it for now."

did lol.

Ah the old boomer with no mortgage or commitments or other jobs 'coming out of retirement' to undercut the youngsters gambit!

I use it myself! :)

Also sobrave, I am not a pedo thanks šŸ˜‚

"The word 'nonce' - a British slang word for paedophile actually originated in the Wakefield prison and comes from an acronym used by staff there. The programme shared the the acronym N.O.N.C.E was marked on the cell card of any prisoner who may have been in danger of violence from other prisoners."

Ah the old boomer with no mortgage or commitments or other jobs 'coming out of retirement' to undercut the youngsters gambit!

I use it myself! :)
The other reno place is about to fall victim to one of the classic blunders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonce is an underrated insult tbh. Need to use it more often

This is probably close to the truth I think. I'm actually a little conscious of it. I should make sure i've got em in the grudge.

Just get your valet to move them down the road

Also sobrave, I am not a pedo thanks šŸ˜‚

"The word 'nonce' - a British slang word for paedophile actually originated in the Wakefield prison and comes from an acronym used by staff there. The programme shared the the acronym N.O.N.C.E was marked on the cell card of any prisoner who may have been in danger of violence from other prisoners."

File under ā€œthings I learnt from watching The Billā€

I dunno about anybody else but when Feel's bathroom is done I'd like to be the first to drop a big ole brown biscuit in it after a night on the curries.
Welcome to. I'll even designate it "the shithouse"

Edgie I done my backyard at my old place with river pebbles they're easier to spread than you'd think but everyone's rolled their ankles on them so beware
Yeah I already have some in the backyard and roll my ankle plenty. I don't let my daughter walk on them she's likely to break a leg. Though she likes to collect them and bring them inside.

Bloody dad's back in town this week so the missus will be asking him to pick them up with his trailer since the shop's truck is still broken. I don't think I can dodge it another week. Bugger.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I genuinely don't see the cost of trades and building, etc, ever going down again.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I'm not convinced either. It relies on passing on of goods price reduction. Labour prices won't change. You can't suddenly employ someone for far less unless jobless rate skyrockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back