Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aunty Donna are almost good. That's what makes them so bad. They are Hinkley of comedy.
Their punchlines are the awkward overstaying uncles of humour;

Hinkley is also a) awkward, b) overstaying his welcome, and c) a punchline to an unfunny joke

Old mate came around with the quotes in hand, and went through it line by line and slashed it to shreds lmao, 13k less on just the main bathroom. 😂
Vast majority of the cuts came from labour related stuff and prices of materials like silicone, grout, glue and gyprock.

$1,500 for a shower screen which was just a 2.1m tall 1.5m long pane of glass, $300 off the shelf. 🤷‍♂️

Dear god:

Sure, here's my attempt at rewriting "Enter Sandman" in the style of Limp Bizkit:

(Intro) Yeah, come on, baby! Limp Bizkit, we're ready to roll Let's do this!

(Verse 1) Hush little baby, don't say a word And never mind that noise you heard It's just the sound of a nine-millimeter Let's go, let's go, let's go, yeah!

(Chorus) Enter Sandman, come to me Make my dreams become reality Enter Sandman, I'll be your guide Take my hand and let's take a ride

(Verse 2) Off to Neverland, we'll go Where the sand is black and the sky is low Just close your eyes, let it flow And let my rhymes take control

(Chorus) Enter Sandman, come to me Make my dreams become reality Enter Sandman, I'll be your guide Take my hand and let's take a ride

(Bridge) Yeah, come on, break it down now! Give me some of that old-school Limp Bizkit sound Everybody in the house, throw your hands up high Let's rock this joint and make it fly

(Outro) Yeah, that's right, Limp Bizkit in the house We're gonna take this thing to the next level Thank you, goodnight!

Dear god:

Sure, here's my attempt at rewriting "Enter Sandman" in the style of Limp Bizkit:

(Intro) Yeah, come on, baby! Limp Bizkit, we're ready to roll Let's do this!

(Verse 1) Hush little baby, don't say a word And never mind that noise you heard It's just the sound of a nine-millimeter Let's go, let's go, let's go, yeah!

(Verse 2) Off to Neverland, we'll go Where the sand is black and the sky is low Just close your eyes, let it flow And let my rhymes take control

(Bridge) Yeah, come on, break it down now! Give me some of that old-school Limp Bizkit sound Everybody in the house, throw your hands up high Let's rock this joint and make it fly

(Outro) Yeah, that's right, Limp Bizkit in the house We're gonna take this thing to the next level Thank you, goodnight!
Would listen

remember wirrina cove? how it was like hyped up as this cool holiday destination/development thing?

we had a couple of school camps there.

anyone been in there lately? apartments come up for sale pretty regularly on real estate, it's been at least 5 years since i've been in there, but it's a bizarre place. the buildings and everything are still there, but it's got a strong abandoned vibe and there's no one around.

sure you can live in a flat, with a nice-ish view, but there's absolutely nothing there, and the nearest civilisation is normanville/yankallila.

Sorry.

I don't see it.

Talking to AI is the most insane use of time. It will never provide an opinion, it's just the more vanilla robot responses possible. The fact that people can now pick up what's written by these gpt and whatever just shows it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

remember wirrina cove? how it was like hyped up as this cool holiday destination/development thing?

we had a couple of school camps there.

anyone been in there lately? apartments come up for sale pretty regularly on real estate, it's been at least 5 years since i've been in there, but it's a bizarre place. the buildings and everything are still there, but it's got a strong abandoned vibe and there's no one around.

sure you can live in a flat, with a nice-ish view, but there's absolutely nothing there, and the nearest civilisation is normanville/yankallila.

lol I had a few camps there too! We got to stay in the apartments which I thought was really bizarre at the time as it was all brand new and pretty nice. One of my mates broke his head open falling into a glass table and smashing it lmao. 18 stiches to the head. Back then the pool was under cover and had a nice modern resort style setup complete with palm trees etc. That's all gone now. The pool is open air.

We did kayaking, horse riding, archery, even scuba diving! Some pretty cool shit. I went back there for a weekend getaway with the missus about a decade ago and the wirrina cove resort thing was still going ok with the golf course. The apartments were totally empty though. I'd actually go again because there is no one there and we had the golf course completely to ourselves and the kangaroos.

We are not golfers even slightly, but the golf carts we're good fun. It was summer and we drove through all the sprinklers lol.

Last edited:
I have dreadful memories of school camps

i remember going there on the bus and one kid chucked, then that started another, and another....

and staying in those weird triangle hut things. and playing tee-ball. and a pretty shitty assortment of food, but they had sunny boys.

lol I had a few camps there too! We got to stay in the apartments which I thought was really bizarre at the time as it was all brand new and pretty nice. One of my mates broke his head open falling into a glass table and smashing it lmao. 18 stiches to the head.

We did kayaking, horse riding, archery, even scuba diving! Some pretty cool s**t. I went back there for a weekend getaway with the missus about a decade ago and the wirrina cove resort thing was still going ok with the golf course. The apartments were totally empty though. I'd actually go again because there is no one there and we had the golf course completely to ourselves and the kangaroos.

We are not golfers even slightly, but the golf carts we're good fun. It was summer and we drove through all the sprinklers lol.

i've often thought if you're struggling for accommodation or whatever you could do worse than going there lol. the apartments are pretty cheap to buy or rent. it just feels pretty dystopian to be in a block of flats in a random rural area with bugger all people there and nothing happening.

Last edited:
We had a mountain biking, hiking and camping school trip up at Kuitpo area. It was absolutely pissing down the whole time. Everything was saturated including sleeping bags, pillows, clothes etc. It was complete misery trudging through the horrible weather for a week. Probably two events that were great for different reasons though.

One was some arab migrant kid decided to go into the girls toilets at one of the camp stops and climb the shower walls and get a look at them showering, he got caught. That went down very well.

Best thing was one night my girlfriend at the time snuck from the "girls side" of the camp and stayed in my tent, I find it very unlikely we got away with it but no one said anything lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a mountain biking, hiking and camping school trip up at Kuitpo area. It was absolutely pissing down the whole time. Everything was saturated including sleeping bags, pillows, clothes etc. It was complete misery trudging through the horrible weather for a week. Probably two events that were great for different reasons though.

One was some arab migrant kid decided to go into the girls toilets at one of the camp stops and climb the shower walls and get a look at them showering, he got caught. That went down very well.

Best thing was one night my girlfriend at the time snuck from the "girls side" of the camp and stayed in my tent, I find it very unlikely we got away with it but no one said anything lol.

kayaking down from goolwa barrages in year 9 or 10 to some godforsaken sand dune down the beach. sunburnt to all **** because i was a braindead teenager. inept at looking after myself so surviving on m&ms and 2 minute noodles on the trangia. closest physical contact with a female was both agreeing that we'd like to go home.

sharing headphones with a mate listening to korn's S/T on the bus on the way back

good times

kayaking down from goolwa barrages in year 9 or 10 to some godforsaken sand dune down the beach. sunburnt to all * because i was a braindead teenager. inept at looking after myself so surviving on m&ms and 2 minute noodles on the trangia. closest physical contact with a female was both agreeing that we'd like to go home.

sharing headphones with a mate listening to korn's S/T on the bus on the way back

good times
Oh man, I smashed so many Continental Curry Pasta on the ****ing trangia...

What was the other trip...Moonta! That was great, got a wristy on the bus trip home from the same girl in the other story lol. A few years later, we told her friends why the chick had to ask for some wipes on the bus. 😂

Cornish pasties, how do they harvest and prepare hay bails, mining, wristies. Perfect week out really.

We got the 14 year old italian kid with a goatee to sneak off and buy beer.
A girl that I used to get around with done that at the arkaroola general store when she was 16 for us but I didn't even get any Smirnoff then she was caught in the fridge with a group of guys.

She was also of European descent.

It's a wonder why more school trips don't happen in the teenage years.

One of my mates broke his head open falling into a glass table and smashing it lmao.
iu

Sorry.

I don't see it.

Talking to AI is the most insane use of time. It will never provide an opinion, it's just the more vanilla robot responses possible. The fact that people can now pick up what's written by these gpt and whatever just shows it.

The most dull and boring shit on the internet right now is sharing the dull and boring shit a computer shit out. Cool man, it's Star Wars but it's like Wes Anderson, and Darth Maul has 7 fingers. Can you **** off now?

Imma just throw it out there but with all this Barry Humphries tributes going on, from everything I've seen of Dame Edna, it isn't particularly funny, and I don't understand how it is.

When Burt Newton, a guy I didn't know much about, passed, I seen some of his stuff and I was like, yeah, I get it. I see why he was popular. With this, especially considering the reach of it, I don't, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back