Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!11!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been some interesting discussion on Reddit about how she actually came to be the one to represent Australia/Oceania in this event.

She held a privileged position due to her involvement with the dance sport organisation.
Her Phd research was based on the societal aspects of breakdancing culture, in particular its link to lower socio-economic groups using it as a form of expression that required no money, or eduction or privilege to engage in, and be good at.
She 'won' the right to compete by beating only a handful of other dancers in the qualifying competition. (Some reports say that there were only 15 competitors in the Qualifying comp)

So we have a middle-aged white woman, representing a colonialist country, who has 'studied' this urban sub-culture, presumably enough to know its roots and its meaning, who then decides that she is to be the one to represent it on the global stage. Unintentionally making a mockery of the whole sub-culture with her 'interpretation' of it in such a tone-deaf manner.

And now she/her supporters are all crying misogyny with the critical feedback she's received on her performance.
Anna Meares even coming out and saying that she's fantastic and everyone loves her feels like a smokescreen.

Her lame attempts at doing the 'diss' moves on the stage were utterly cringe and made her look way worse than just her routine.

I will give her this though, I haven't laughed so much at something so ridiculous in a very long time.

I give her gold for that.

Edit: just realised which thread this was in. Sorry mods. Probably best suited to the Random Thoughts Thread.

It's absolutely fantastic meme material and she needs to lean into it not take herself seriously

Also get ready for her to be plastered all over everything for the next two months. Move over hawk tuah, it's time for the next distraction to overstay their welcome

The rest of the world may be having a huge laugh at Australia's expense, but maybe it's us who's mocking this silly event, sending daggy mum Raygun, and apparently our b-boy has an incredibly small penis - how pisstakey is that?

How did we come to know our male breaker has a tiny dong?

How did we come to know our male breaker has a tiny dong?

The French guy who was 'battling' against him mimicked pulling his pants down and made the 'small penis' sign with his hand. Considering the kid was only 16 it was pretty weird.

Its all in good fun. You're supposed to taunt the other guy

Raygun went with the fake yawn at one point while her opponent was performing.

the whole vibe of the event was off though, it should have been indoor under lights. The guys were much better than the girls.

Breakdancing at the Olympics is possibly the dumbest thing ever. However you cannot possibly tell me that this Raygun is the best female breakdancer in Australia.
I reckon we have played the whole competition on a fastbreak here and taken the absolute piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you be so breathtakingly shit with 1.4 billion people lmao. Its no wonder they have aggressive autism about cricket.

Screenshot_20240812_082436_Chrome.jpg

Kyzergistan or whatever with its 7m population did better. 0.49% of the pop lmao.

It's absolutely fantastic meme material and she needs to lean into it not take herself seriously

Also get ready for her to be plastered all over everything for the next two months. Move over hawk tuah, it's time for the next distraction to overstay their welcome
Just saw something calling her Napoleon Vegemite and I think we’re done now.

How can you be so breathtakingly shit with 1.4 billion people lmao. Its no wonder they have aggressive autism about cricket.

View attachment 2076881

Kyzergistan or whatever with its 7m population did better. 0.49% of the pop lmao.

Because they don't waste all their taxpayers money on a dick measuring comp?

Cricket is all they care about they'd watch the Mumbai 4th's in a T10 and say Olympic who?
Which makes it really funny that we are way more successful than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!11!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back