Umpiring [vs Eagles Mega Thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was iced if Black took his marked kick in front of goal. Or if Kennedy didn't get paid the marking contest free on the wing, or if the last Selwood duck was let go as they had been all night. I don't think it was a conspiracy, I think the umpires just panicked a bit. And those decisions cost North the win they had in their hands.

Not saying North didn't make mistakes or that the weren't other reasons. But the final few umpiring decisions were important.
3 goals in front and a bad free cant hurt. We got a good run v port not great last night. Swings and round abouts.

Commiserations on last night. I was passionately supporting North and was devastated at the Shuey and Selwood free kicks. Just as disappointing was the fact you could see Naitanui standing off the ball, all alone, for a free run and jump at it. He's one of the best big marks around and would have taken that nine times out of 10.

You guys have been so, so close in three of the hardest games around - Geelong, Hawthorn and West Coast (away). It's pure bad luck that you don't have a win or two from these three games. If there's a silver lining, it's that you can well and truly match it with every team in the league now. You certainly have a list capable of winning a final or two.
If you want to hand out sympathy there is a great thread for you "Sympathy for *Essendon" is where you should take your bullsh!t charity. Maybe you can have a chat to our backmen about looking out for Nic Nats free run next time.

Commiserations on last night. I was passionately supporting North and was devastated at the Shuey and Selwood free kicks. Just as disappointing was the fact you could see Naitanui standing off the ball, all alone, for a free run and jump at it. He's one of the best big marks around and would have taken that nine times out of 10.

You guys have been so, so close in three of the hardest games around - Geelong, Hawthorn and West Coast (away). It's pure bad luck that you don't have a win or two from these three games. If there's a silver lining, it's that you can well and truly match it with every team in the league now. You certainly have a list capable of winning a final or two.
Cheers mate hope you have a good win tonight. :thumbsu:

It can hurt, we were holding on for dear life but the kicks buckled us time and time again.
We made more mistakes than the umps. That last free was a 50/50 that went against us. We are on the move and will go on another run like last year. Will win the next 3. Last night hurt but signs are good.

We made more mistakes than the umps. That last free was a 50/50 that went against us. We are on the move and will go on another run like last year. Will win the next 3. Last night hurt but signs are good.

If that free was a 50/50 you saw a different passage of play than I did!
Of course we will, I have no doubt we will go on another run like before. I just hope the boys watch that last 2 minutes of football over and over again because if that doesn't put fire in your belly then you might as well quit the game

If it helps, I was an impartial and I almost broke stuff. I even knew the Eagles/Subi/Umpires/Shaun Tait/Hansie Cronje consortium would come into play, but it still pissed me off.

In a tight battle for the 8, I feel for you guys tonight.

Brad Scott handled himself well though, and I'm a firm believer that you guys have one of the best captains in the AFL.
Thanks Andronicus, it actually helps to know other club supporters felt our pain. Man, we were ripped off. Can handle losing games ie against Hawthorn and Geelong this year but not when the umps have such a say.

If you want to hand out sympathy there is a great thread for you "Sympathy for *Essendon" is where you should take your bullsh!t charity. Maybe you can have a chat to our backmen about looking out for Nic Nats free run next time.
Don't be such a d*ck man. If supporters from other clubs want to come over to the North board and lend some support then we should openly welcome that. With all the bickering and fighting going on right now between clubs, especially on this site, its nice to see some bipartisanship.

Add another disillusioned one here. I'll keep watching the North games and buying my memberships but everything else - the other 8 matches, the tv shows etc i'm no longer interested in. Who needs them when we get to see every North bit of media thanks to giantroo and others anyway :thumbsu:

Don't be such a d*ck man. If supporters from other clubs want to come over to the North board and lend some support then we should openly welcome that. With all the bickering and fighting going on right now between clubs, especially on this site, its nice to see some bipartisanship.

Its not support it is charity and a back handed wack at our backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought after a bit of sleep I'd wake up and feel better, nope, In fact I feel worse. I like how I've lets this club so close to my emotions that it can either make or break a weekend for me.

And yeah, **** the AFL for standing by and letting free kick milkers **** the game. I'd love to be able to hit the AFL with my wallet but then I don't want to hurt the nmfc.

I had 2 hours sleep, woke up and feel as angry as last night.

For the past 2 years watching football and contests has been like walking on egg shells.Players are going on (nd LT is guilty of this) with the sole intention of drawing frees.

It's this bizarre dance where players approach a contest both looking for the 1st opportunity to throw their heads back.

That little **** Scott Selwood did in the 4th Q. He threw his head back like he'd been shot. However the player chose not to initiate contest.

The thought of playing in Perth against that mob of junkies and cheats makes me sick.

Perth can ****ing burn to the ground.

am i done no, to hard not to watch north...

the game in general is a ****ing farce, everyone plays exactly the same shit football now, footballers are not allowed to have personalities, knee jerk reactions to rule changes, umpires should be seen and not heard for some reason the AFL is making them centre stage, drafts and draft concessions are a joke, afl not interested in promoting football in the heartland and now looks to prop up 2 franchises for the next 30 + years, still proping up shitney, brisbane membership is a disgrace and AFL say nothing, not giving hobart a team is just ****ing mental , that ****ing dick that played for us running the league needs to be removed immediately.....

yeah the games in great shape

hang on, wait a minute, its all about maximising revenue dollars, so the rich get richer and poor get nothing but handouts that are token gestures at best, a ****ing team is doing illegal drugs and still allowed to play, oh and their coach says he knows nothing about it....

my old man is one eyed essendon, he previously use to watch every game now mum turns the essendon games off because he gets so upset at the way the game is played...

and yet the AFL controlled media tell us what great shape the games in...****ing w***ers....

I love north **** the rest....

That Black mark gets paid a mark we ice the game.

A free gets paid to Adams for a bloke falling in his black we ice the game.

That Selwood duck isnt paid we ice the game.

Daw dropping a couple of sitters. McMahon losing body contact on LeCras. Thomas having all the time in the world when running towards goal but panicked and kicked too early, letting a sheep dog like Hill off the leash. We made more mistakes than the ump.

Sorry to intrude guys.

As a neutral supporter I can say that umpiring was absolutely disgusting. Both our clubs have been robbed in the dying minutes by those cheating WA OPSM phucks this year. I'm not going to talk about that free on the wing with about 5 mins to go and I'm not going to worry about the Shuey free because we know they were bad enough but Fuuuuuuu... Not only was that not a free kick for Selwood but it should have been a free against for his first option being a duck, then having absolutely no attempt to dispose of ball whilst being tackled. Was total rubbish...Football is horrible to watch ATM.

Even a mate of mine, who works for the Dockers, could see it coming.
He texted me at 3-4 time. "Hope the umps don't kill North when the crowd gets involved".
Then midway through last: "You can just tell they are going to influence the game."
And finally: "Oh my god, Selwood free kick a disgrace."

There is a pattern evolving, it's not just one bad game; it's every time we play the eagles in Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back