News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Kennedy said he would have liked to play but the Eagles quota had been filled and he had missed out.That was a few weeks ago in the news here so Longmire likes Tex and wants to lose so the Victorians can have a feel good wank session for charity. spose.

Ben Brown getting injured last week probably meant he got selected also.

I dont remember the 90s teams being this shit. And the 'All stars" have what, 70% of the population and its still shit. The teams are full of punces who are more concerned with their hair do than represent their state..or states/ country. Honestly anyone thinking this is anything great is kidding themselves.

I dont remember the 90s teams being this shit. And the 'All stars" have what, 70% of the population and its still shit. The teams are full of punces who are more concerned with their hair do than represent their state..or states/ country. Honestly anyone thinking this is anything great is kidding themselves.

A lot of that 70% tho is in league territory. Imagine how bad a league team with players from Vic/SA/WA would be compared to QLD or NSW

That would be 2 time premiership captain, brownlow Medalist Trent Cotchin to you.

That’s kind of the point.

Wouldn’t be in the top 20 midfielders in the league and likely hasn’t been for some time, but gets elevated unnecessarily by a default joint Brownlow win 8 years ago and a few flags to which he wasn’t in the best 5 players on the ground.

He’s more a solid mid than a genuine star these days.

Quick stab at potential line ups

VICS

B - Jake Lloyd - Darcy Moore - James Sicily
HB - Bachar Houli - Nick Haynes - Lachie Whitfield
C - Josh Kelly - Patrick Dangerfield - Steele Sidebottom
HF - Dustin Martin - Jeremy Cameron - Shaun Higgins
F - Toby Greene - Tom Lynch - Robbie Gray
R - Todd Goldstein - Marcus Bontempelli - Scott Pendlebury
INT - Mark Blicavs - Ben Cunnington - Trent Cotchin - Jade Gresham - Jack Macrae - Stefan Martin - Tom Papley - Rory Sloane - Adam Saad

ALL STARS

B - Brad Sheppard - Jeremy Howe - Rory Laird
HB - Shane Edwards - Harris Andrews - Zac Tuohy
C - Stephen Coniglio - Patrick Cripps - Elliott Yeo
HF - Michael Walters - Jack Riewoldt - Dayne Zorko
F - Charlie Cameron - Tom Hawkins - Luke Breust
R - Brodie Grundy - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale
INT - Bradley Hill - Neville Jetta - Jason Johannisen - Scott Lycett - Callum Mills - Isaac Smith - Brodie Smith - Taylor Walker - Lachie Weller

Those are sweet centre lines.

How does Tex Walker get a gig? Very confusing....
I guess having the 5th most goals over the last 10 years helps... and he’s good mates with Hawkins so hopefully they can work well together. I don’t think Tex really wanted to play this game, but with guys like Buddy injured then who else would you pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are both bog average yes no shit
I didn’t realise Dixon had ever kicked 50 in a season or sat 5th in goals over the last 10 years? Dixon never has been nor never will be near an AA squad or will captain a club, Tex has done both (never made the AA team but has been nominated 3 times, voted best captain twice). It’s insulting that Dixon is even in the same sentence as Tex, but he’s an easy BF target so easy to go along with the sheep I guess.

I didn’t realise Dixon had ever kicked 50 in a season or sat 5th in goals over the last 10 years? Dixon never has been nor never will be near an AA squad or will captain a club, Tex has done both (never made the AA team but has been nominated 3 times, voted best captain twice). It’s insulting that Dixon is even in the same sentence as Tex, but he’s an easy BF target so easy to go along with the sheep I guess.
I'm not surprised you are piping the stats of an underachieving pillock when you have morons on the Adelaide board comparing him to a 4xAA CHF premiership captain.. sorry he's hot garbage.

That’s kind of the point.

Wouldn’t be in the top 20 midfielders in the league and likely hasn’t been for some time, but gets elevated unnecessarily by a default joint Brownlow win 8 years ago and a few flags to which he wasn’t in the best 5 players on the ground.

He’s more a solid mid than a genuine star these days.

could add 99% of Carlton players in the last 10 years in that category of solid but no premierships then
Save the laughs for the Blues forums

It’s for charity

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back