VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any more details you can share ?
I dont have any details other then vafa are always slow with lower divisional team structure. There was talk in this thread that Westbourne could go to WRFL but I am not sure if there's any truth to that or just speculation.
My guess is D4 Grand finalists go to D3, bottom 2 of D3 go down.

I dont have any details other then vafa are always slow with lower divisional team structure. There was talk in this thread that Westbourne could go to WRFL but I am not sure if there's any truth to that or just speculation.
My guess is D4 Grand finalists go to D3, bottom 2 of D3 go down.
Last week Westbourne posted their open senior coaching role on FB, saying they're playing in D4 next season.

Word is that Old Mentone will continue even after losing 14 out of best 22
I believe Le Page Park was as close to being confirmed as possible - however rumour has it that this has fallen through.

20 odd players confirmed as being starters for 2023 season, only if the club remains in Prem C.

No coach as of yet. VAFA has advised the club that they will assist with finding a ground, coach and players. Go figure.

Busy time ahead on the phones there.

I believe Le Page Park was as close to being confirmed as possible - however rumour has it that this has fallen through.

20 odd players confirmed as being starters for 2023 season, only if the club remains in Prem C.

No coach as of yet. VAFA has advised the club that they will assist with finding a ground, coach and players. Go figure.

Not good is it , let's hope they come out okay

VAFA to find them players? We would all like some extra players.

May as well push Old Mentone's games to Sportscover Arena!! Ground is capable of hosting everything it seems.

the board would be scrambling to make sure premier grades have a full 10 teams. losing one now would be horrendous. Not sure they should be promising to find players/ coaches thou - when the board cant even get their own basic stuff sorted.

the board would be scrambling to make sure premier grades have a full 10 teams. losing one now would be horrendous. Not sure they should be promising to find players/ coaches thou - when the board cant even get their own basic stuff sorted.
Not the Board's job - maybe the admin who get paid! Clubs in Div 3/4 rarely get 10 teams and have different draws nearly season. Boards main focus at the moment would be to get the AGM up and going with the New Constitution & Affiliation Fee structure change to be approved. Clubs especially those in the divisions if they want fairer affiliation fees get to the AGM and vote it in. Prem A & B Grade have been licking the gravy for too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the Board's job - maybe the admin who get paid! Clubs in Div 3/4 rarely get 10 teams and have different draws nearly season. Boards main focus at the moment would be to get the AGM up and going with the New Constitution & Affiliation Fee structure change to be approved. Clubs especially those in the divisions if they want fairer affiliation fees get to the AGM and vote it in. Prem A & B Grade have been licking the gravy for too long.
aren't you on the board zero? As the treasurer? Surely inappropriate for you to making these comments

You will more likely see WRFL clubs applying to join the VAFA this time next year rather than the other way around if St Albans and Deer Pk end up in the EDFL.

The movement will be contingent on whether the WRFL winds up its third division.

Not sure that move will pass. Many of the EDFL clubs (I can think of 1 straight away) would oppose.

Black Rock FNC facebook page is spruiking the fact they have U8s & U9s starting off in the SMJFL next year. Good luck to them in trying to secure a pathway of talent to their senior footy club, but bloody hard work keeping teams together all the way to U18 & then senior footy. Dare say this will upset their close neighbours Beaumaris FC, who draw heavily on kids that live in Black Rock, and also use Donald McDonald reserve on a Sunday for their juniors. Fair chance it will upset other senior clubs in the region who have been knocked back in trying to get junior clubs up and running in the SMJFL for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back