VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t watch any of it
What stood out?
I didn't watch all of it but I saw a few times in traffic and under pressure he'd just smoothly step through and pick out an option. Don't think I saw him miss a kick.

Has more in common with Tuohy than just the accent

I didn't watch all of it but I saw a few times in traffic and under pressure he'd just smoothly step through and pick out an option. Don't think I saw him miss a kick.

Has more in common with Tuohy than just the accent

Didn't get it a lot, but looked composed with ball in hand. Awkward kicking style and as you said didn't miss a target.

For his first game of Aussie Rules that meant something, you really couldn't ask for much more IMO.

I saw the 3rd quarter catempire - got a bit of it and used it well by hand and foot.
Tough bugger too - laid a few solid tackles and took a few himself.
How did he go in the last 1/4?
More of the same. Didn’t get a heap of it but looks really solid.

Didn’t watch any of it
What stood out?
He’s built and not afraid to wear contact. Tidy skills given where he’s coming from and a nice step.

Once Clohesy builds his core strength he's going to be a good footballer. That was my only concern watching Falcons ... He gets pushed off it too easily.

He has the tools.

Last edited:
Was he #66? Looked decent at this level as a key back.

66 is tanner lewis (from geelong west giants) 195cm tall with good running power who can play anywhere.

Vdh is in #55 im fairly sure. I did like him on the limited times i saw him play for the dogs..we do have a rookie spot open for the msd and the need for a tall back so theres an opportunitt there for someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was poor in first half. Dare I say “close like” from last week. So didn’t say “pick me”. Simpson did in that first half.

Ollie very good in second half but different role (I just did another post on that) - not a close replacement type.

If a chance is made I think it could be Simpson

I think if stanley is inj ceglar comes in and if cameron is on paternity duty (hopefully not) then neale but more than likely we go in unchanged (im assuming duncan and kolo wont be fit til easter monday).

If a small comes in i agree its probably simpson or maybe parfitt.

FWIW. Henry should play at half back... dominated in 2 intra club games there.
Can read the play well and has football nous. Unfortunately hasn't learnt how to tackle.
Neale can replace Stanley. Looked hurt. Pity as we needed him for that last 15 minutes thursday night.

I love neale and i want him in seniors (as a fwd) but im not sure we can get away with him and blitz vs witts (against a lesser ruck yes not witts). If stanley is out ceglar has to play this week for structure.

Only saw the highly as ..it was unwatchable live..

Any chance Dempsey to get a game in the AFL side?
He is building toward that for sure. But reckon a few weeks before we know. Need to figure out whether the current afl forward line needs a change (needs time to work out any form issues) and then Dempsey needs to keep performing at high level. Not ruling out simpson as afl forward either. So pretty competitive.

Once Clohesy builds his core strength he's going to be a good footballer. That was my only concern watching Falcons ... He gets pushed off it too easily.

He has the tools.
That’s surprising given he seems to be well built for an 18 year old. I thought he was mor of an accumulator but didn’t really play that role yesterday.
Although to be fair wasn’t a high possession game. A lot to like in his game though I could see him fitting in on any line at afl level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back