VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got some real class and skill in close too.

Indeed. There was a moment that stuck in my head in his debut game, where I couldn't believe what he was doing matched up on some absolute guns. At 5:18 in the video, he's matched up on a star in Shai Bolton, ducks past another star in Taranto, and then weaves in and out and wins the clearance with some insanely fancy footwork. When I saw that I was like, 'woah he's gonna be special.'

Not to mention also laying 5 tackles in a bit over a quarter. Not against plodders either, but 1 on Bolton, 2 on Taranto, 1 on Graham and a shepherd on Dusty that forced him to take the ball out. Can't wait to see a full year of him next year, after a full pre-season. He'll put size on, but he's one of the only players I've seen who doesn't even need it - as he's already tough as nails already.

People going on about Phillipou, Ginbey, Wardlaw, Humphrey etc. (Sheezel and Ashcroft were always going to be superstars), have not got to see what this kid is capable of yet - and will hopefully see it next year.

Indeed. There was a moment that stuck in my head in his debut game, where I couldn't believe what he was doing matched up on some absolute guns. At 5:18 in the video, he's matched up on a star in Shai Bolton, ducks past another star in Taranto, and then weaves in and out and wins the clearance with some insanely fancy footwork. When I saw that I was like, 'woah he's gonna be special.'

Not to mention also laying 5 tackles in a bit over a quarter. Not against plodders either, but 1 on Bolton, 2 on Taranto, 1 on Graham and a shepherd on Dusty that forced him to take the ball out. Can't wait to see a full year of him next year, after a full pre-season. He'll put size on, but he's one of the only players I've seen who doesn't even need it - as he's already tough as nails already.

People going on about Phillipou, Ginbey, Wardlaw, Humphrey etc. (Sheezel and Ashcroft were always going to be superstars), have not got to see what this kid is capable of yet - and will hopefully see it next year.

Everyone is happy to have him. It was nothing to do with his talent more that it would be nice to grab a more dynamic type midfielder

Everyone is happy to have him. It was nothing to do with his talent more that it would be nice to grab a more dynamic type midfielder
He's dynamic enough as people will eventually see. He's not merely an in and under type.

So up here for work so will sneak to both games. Looking forward to VFL too

of the afl emergencies one will be sub and I assume another one will play only a half and be held back for any last minute mishap (they did that three weeks ago with Dempsey against bulldogs)

we will know the sub at 4pm when we see the vfl team. I am expecting it to be Bowes but not 100%. It could be mullin given MOC out (and danger in).

in terms of hold back again it could be Dempsey given the rest probably need to play full game? althouhg shame for Dempsey if gets cut short given his form. He will be desperate to keep trying to knock down the door

Willis still not named in the VFL and not on the injury list.

Nice work Geelong.
Nah mate. It’s all fine nothing to see. Everyone heals differently give him privacy protect the IP of the club derpy derp derp.

Dempsey not getting near it in forward line so looks like he just came back on for Parf in middle

Parf as normal getting the ball but quality still poor. Must be confidence

Funny Qtr. High standard early but skills dropped off Doesn’t feel high pressure not intense. Swans massively over possess the ball by switching needlessly!!

Parf goes in and gets it and some clever thing but still doesn’t impact enough for me.

I like Knevitt inside. And Whyte has had some nice touches.

Dempsey only had 1 in first 20 minutes in forward line. Then picked up a few good touches in the middle. He looks better as mid to me!

Menagola and scratcher look under done.

Other afl listed not getting much of it

Hate to say it. But stats will look good for Parf but… his decision making is terrible. That is 3 kicks in a row he missed the easy hit up

Love his endeavour and attitude. And he danced around with some candy. But just not afl level skills. Assume it must be confidence.

But have missed a bunch of opportunities forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice pluck by scratcher. And good finish. Handy lead going into second half
Ok. Even nicer grab this time around.

And what a 50m penalty to make sure of it. After the siren went sydney player walked off and gave away 50 for stand rule.

Handy goal

Good half in the end. 20 point lead after strong finish.

Knevitt best by far in my view for the cats. Played inside and that is his best position at this level.

Hardie a couple of nice goals. 13 possessions to go with it so nice half. Not as impactful yet as I would like

Parf already spoken about. Seems like end up being very good vfl player unless confidence returns. And is very good at this level.

Dempsey mostly in forward line today which he might be frustrated at. But is impactful with 7 touches and 4 marks a few tackles and clearances.

I like Teds game. A bit wasted in forward line in my view. But does know how to kick them.

Scratcher warmed into it with a couple of nice congested marks. And goals

Mullin is good. Strong and never panics. Will be a player when learns positioning.

Whyte has done some nice things but looks a little lost on the wing to me.

Menegola looks way off to me. Obviously can stand out when he does something but not enough of it. Yet.

Interesting fwitw I just looked at afl rankings and has Knevitte Parfitt dempsey then Hardie and Ted as the highest ranking for half. Given it doesn’t take into account clangers (Parf) it is reasonable.

Just switched on and see Foster in the back line for a second week in a row? Giving some different exposure, I guess.

What’s happened to Hardie? No touches that quarter.
We got killed out of centre in first half of that qtr. Hardie and Parf just dropped right off. Backline held up and we could rebound.

Moved dempsey finally back in toward the end and Chalcraft and knevitte. All did better.

Hardie looks like he can go in and out a bit

To 3 qtr time knevitt clearing cats most impactful.

Closehsy whyte and dempsey also making an impact. Mullin in and out but always looks good when near it

Hardie and Parf disappeared that qtr.

Menegola did a few nice things.

Good 5 goal lead

Dempsey gone off. Wondered who they were going to “rest” just in case last minute mishap. Looks like him as Parf and Mullin out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back