VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last quarter was actually pretty impressive considering how much bigger and stronger Carlton looked around the ball.

Mullin some classy moments down back. Good defensively then showed agility and composure. Riccardi just played like a mini Isaac Smith. Neale, Dempsey and Knevitt showed plenty. Clohesy looked a class act too. Overall a great win against a much more mature looking team.

Thank god I don’t have to listen to those 2 clowns again tonight…

Mullin looked useful. His athleticism was obvious.
Used to it. Sheffield Shield streams are straight out parochial barracking for the home team.

Yep, I am baffled by the disquiet around Henry. He has done more than enough as a young forward in an underperforming team to suggest he is worth persisting with.

My concern is his competitiveness, which looks similar to Ugle Hagan. Not sure if it's a youth thing or something greater. A few of my pie mates say that was the reason he wasn't consistently in the seniors last year.

My concern is his competitiveness, which looks similar to Ugle Hagan. Not sure if it's a youth thing or something greater. A few of my pie mates say that was the reason he wasn't consistently in the seniors last year.
I don't think he is a team player at the moment, that's why i would drop him.

I like the competitiveness of someone who looks like kicking 2-3 goals in a losing side.

Would anyone like to lay me 2-1 odds that he will kick 5 in a match this year?

And, as we saw last week, why so many of their supporters were pretty happy to see him go.

:rolleyes:

I like the competitiveness of someone who looks like kicking 2-3 goals in a losing side.

Would anyone like to lay me 2-1 odds that he will kick 5 in a match this year?

Just like Ugle Hagan he will have break out games, but he will also have games where he doesn't get near it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That or they are saving him for next week,went off early in the 3rd never to be seen again
If he wasn't hooked at half-time, it sounds worrying to me. Why put him out there for a few minutes at the start of the third, only to bring him off in a 'planned' change so soon after the main break?

Just like Ugle Hagan he will have break out games, but he will also have games where he doesn't get near it.
2 goals a game will be just fine for me.

That or they are saving him for next week,went off early in the 3rd never to be seen again

They are saving him bc we have no other ruck if stanleys ribs arent right to go.

If he wasn't hooked at half-time, it sounds worrying to me. Why put him out there for a few minutes at the start of the third, only to bring him off in a 'planned' change so soon after the main break?

Because he is old and he will always play limited vfl minutes to save him in case we need him to cover stanley in the afl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back