VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menegola having to go take kick outs to get a disposal?

Should move Dempsey out of forward line in second half to get him into the game? When it is going forward it is being marked by Dees

I'm not sure I've seen a more pitiful display of football skills than our VFL team is producing tonight - to this point at least. The kicking by the backs is beyond atrocious.

Only Neale, Knevitt and Hardie can hold their head up.

Under no pressure as well. Gifting them so many easy goals.

Our forwards haven't seen it and when they do they're getting slaughtered in the air.

Menegola having to go take kick outs to get a disposal?

Should move Dempsey out of forward line in second half to get him into the game? When it is going forward it is being marked by Dees

It’s a good test for Dempsey to see if he can work his way around better defenders as he’s been good against average ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not saying that the AFL-listed guys have been great, but I do feel that the main reason we're getting trounced here is the wretched games of our VFL-listed players, especially those in the back half of the ground.

I can't believe we are leading clearances 19 to 12.
Hit outs 17 each.
So, our half forward line is bad or disposal into forward is inaccurate.

Our Clearances all around the ground have been to no advantage, poor decisions by hand or long high kicks forward

It’s a good test for Dempsey to see if he can work his way around better defenders as he’s been good against average ones

Maybe…although I only saw the last half of 2nd qtr and 5 times in a row it was kicked forward to another forward (or nobody) and it was marked by Defence. Not a good test if it doesnt go near you…

With 18 listed AFL players (and a lot very experienced) Casey just will own the territory and pressure any kicks forward to give forwards no hope. Personally I would move Neale and Dempsey on to ball for some part of second half.

Although they have kicked both the goals and Dempsey possessions is ok considering (I am mostly going on stats)

Let’s see how it shapes up!

Maybe I should coach? They put dempsey in the middle and he got 14 possessions that qtr! 4 clearances and a couple of tackles. Against quality.
some of his disposals were iffy but at least he got a crack in the middle and showed something.

and cats win quarter 2:5 to 1 behind after being down 40 at half time

What a turnaround.

Foster couldn't be any worse down back than Byrne so that switch made sense. It worked. That last minute of play by Foster was unbelievable.

Dempsey was on fire on ball. He's a mid for me. Build that body up and he could be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a turnaround.

Foster couldn't be any worse down back than Byrne so that switch made sense. It worked. That last minute of play by Foster was unbelievable.

Dempsey was on fire on ball. He's a mid for me. Build that body up and how could be anything.
I had to recheck after my post. 14 possessions in a qtr is pretty huge

Maybe I should coach? They put dempsey in the middle and he got 14 possessions that qtr! 4 clearances and a couple of tackles. Against quality.
some of his disposals were iffy but at least he got a crack in the middle and showed something.

and cats win quarter 2:5 to 1 behind after being down 40 at half time
Seems so obvious not only for the team but for him. He needs to get chronic leather poisoning.

Shocking skills all night, whether kicks or hand passes. The VFL lads were very ordinary, with few exceptions. Heard Cousins goes alright but he turned it over all night..

Dempsey our best and should play AFL again very soon.

Neale showed he's a class above but of course needs to get fit. Thought Foster did OK down back - he's got something.

Knevitt started well but faded. 80% of Parfitt's possies were turnovers - why can't someone teach him to kick?

Not that is says much, but the AFL players were our best.
Dempsey the standout.
Parfitt got a lot of it but absolutely butchered it.
Knevitt our only player in the 1st half but faded.
Mullin did some nice things.
Hardie was okay. Would like to see more of him on the ball.
Foster unsighted up fwd. Not bad 2nd half down back.
Whyte, Murdoch, Clohsey. Meh.
Neale and Menegola did very little but to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back