VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. Mannagh with 4 goals and it’s not even half time. Body language fantastic.

Foster showing a bit and unlike other weeks looks to be having fun out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loved his Hulk celebration after Bruce kicked a goal

Mannagh is a class above this level. Really stiff not to be playing AFL but hard to see how we fit him in. The week with O.Henry not playing would have been ideal.
I thought the same.

But if being pure in selection integrity (as we did with Lawson vs Mullin) you would take Clark back to VFL and put Mannagh in. Not like for like but with Stewart in the centre with danger and we have Atkins, Bowes and Holmes we don’t need a pure inside mid (Knevitt can give chop out).

At least put Mannagh as sub?

Mannagh simply has to play afl next week (and i would pick him as a mid but even if they insist on picking him as a forward he should go in).
Id either drop neale and go smaller (close is a decent suggestion too not a bad time to rest him) or id rest duncan or tuohy (no doubt one of them will need to be rested after the wet on a 6 da and put mannagh in the mids.

But either way we are at the point where we have to fit him in (the afl 23) and give him 4 or 5 games to prove himself, or we have to accept hes getting traded at years end (and we wont get much of a pick in return if we dont play him).
Hes not going to hang around another 12 months to play vfl with us and nor should he.

I thought the same.

But if being pure in selection integrity (as we did with Lawson vs Mullin) you would take Clark back to VFL and put Mannagh in. Not like for like but with Stewart in the centre with danger and we have Atkins, Bowes and Holmes we don’t need a pure inside mid (Knevitt can give chop out).

At least put Mannagh as sub?

Hes an impact player but i dont like the idea of using new guys as sub (be it mannagh or a kid like lawson) to me the sub is more to manage older guys.
Mannagh can definitely play mid as ive been saying all year though.
Clark will either be rested for the hawks or pies game i cant see him playing both.
Ditto duncan and tuohy.

For this week id manage duncan and clark and id bring o henry and mannagh in (it would require some shuffling but can be done). Id probably use oconnor or tuohy as sub unless rohan needs a rest.

I’ve been harsh on Mannagh but if a guy kicks 4 in a half of footy you can’t keep him out of the AFL team. I reckon it’s actually pretty easy. One change - Mannagh in for Clark.

Mannagh keeps Clark out for the rest of the season if he plays team first afl footy. If he’s selfish he’s learnt nothing from his time in Siberia. I really hope he stays in the AFL side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mannagh obviously the standout 16 disposals 4.1 and 6 clearances. While getting the full ross lyon buffet tag from stocker (they are physically trying to run him off the ball all the time). Its amazing what happens when you actually play a midfielder in the midfield. I wonder who on the afl panel finally stopped controlling corrigan and let him do it.
Hopefully its not too late too impact him at afl level this year and with us.

Other than that hardies been great. I can see the limitations at times but he also does some smart things and he deserves a game. If youre going to give him one hawks at home is when you do.

willis soccer goal was good-hes having a good month and potentially saving his spot on a 1year deal

I cant recognise clohesy with that hair change! But hes been typically industrious at clearances..still can improve the outside game but has been good.

Parfs been ok (but i dont think he gets back in the afl side) and stevens us building a bit.

Ive liked a couple of osullivans moments but hes way off in terms of the body strength for afl.
Mullin has been a bit fumbly and i wouldnt put him back in over humphries. He will be a player but needs a good block in the 2s.

Stanley has had some good and bad stanley moments but id consider him for the pies game especially if conway is not fit.

Anyone think that Stanley may be a chance to face the Hawks next week?

Or do we stick with SDK 3 weeks in a row?

We know Hawthorn have some height, and it's expected Lewis will return next week which means two forwards at 199cm & 200cm to deal with

If we manage Stanley after halftime, could that be an indication of next week's plans?

Anyone think that Stanley may be a chance to face the Hawks next week?

Or do we stick with SDK 3 weeks in a row?

We know Hawthorn have some height, and it's expected Lewis will return next week which means two forwards at 199cm & 200cm to deal with

If we manage Stanley after halftime, could that be an indication of next week's plans?

It might depend on lewis-if he stays in the vfl we could maybe get away with the same setup (im worried about meek hurting sdk though) if lewis plays i reckon sdk has to go back and stanley in.

That said i doubt stanley can play the hawks game then the pies off a 6 day so maybe they save him.for the second game.

He has been most of the year. I just don’t see how they squeeze him in other than resting Close or Miers. I think he can be more than a small forward but it looks like the club has him boxed in that role for AFL. Kicking 3 goals in a qtr somewhat reinforces it unfortunately.
Close is the one

He done much? I can't watch where I am ..

He's definitely got to grow into his frame, which seems to be the main thing holding him back

Some real positives and he moves nicely

He'd break in half if he played seniors this year, but good signs there

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back