VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

It is remarkable that Geelong have both AFL and VFL sides not only in the 8 but BOTH Top 4 and a double chance.

From a club that was on the outside looking in in both competitions last year.

Quality work - remarkable actually considering many had us just making the 8.

GO Catters

What ever happened to Kuol Mun... every was talking about him being the next big ruckman. And the big fella only played 6 games for the season
Watched him for Anakie vs East Geelong apparently WC were having a look a couple of weeks back didn’t set the world on fire though.

It was his first game since round 4 - from what I saw he was playing predominantly forward and it's likely they were also heavily managing his minutes to not run him into the ground first match back
That’s a relief. Could care less about Wiltshire having a quiet game or two, so long as no further injury - just get a taste of VFL finals and build fitness through the preseason.

It is remarkable that Geelong have both AFL and VFL sides not only in the 8 but BOTH Top 4 and a double chance.

From a club that was on the outside looking in in both competitions last year.

Quality work - remarkable actually considering many had us just making the 8.

GO Catters

Oh no Daz, what have you done? I am going to have to blame you if we lose that last game v the Eagles now…..

This is just beyond the pale to tempt the football gods in such a manner.

Im always about giving the kids time and if Foster gets another year im certainly fine with it. He is 19 maybe 20 and has flashed at times.

But there are others - when it comes to that list spot - that are challenging him and could offer more.

Joe Pike at 203 can ruck and play forward. Kul Mon also. Furphy as well has shown ability.

All still very rough as guts players but potential to develop.

Foster has been doing it for 2 years and its currently his spot to lose.

I hope if given another year he can make it his own

GO Catters

For gc to lose with that many afl listed players playing against frankston is criminal.
I think they had about 13, their problem is after that they play like 17 year olds from their academy. All they had to do was win this weekend and then get some players back for next weeks final and then they would have been a chance for the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foster showed more in his first quarter of VFL footy than most of our kids have in their career. Unfortunately that goes for himself too. Played like Carey for a quarter and has looked a mile off it ever since
I was there and I thought WTF have we found ourselves here.
A Ripping great 30 minutes of footy that had me thinking 🤔 we had found a genuine superstar.

Could be some handy in's this weekend...

Knevitt, Mullin would seem certainties

Then O'Connor if fit, and maybe SDK if they want to give him a run - though that could be a risk with our VFL final expected to be on Saturday & our senior final on Thursday night

Not sure on the availability of Hawkins or Guthrie

Then O'Connor if fit, and maybe SDK if they want to give him a run - though that could be a risk with our VFL final expected to be on Saturday & our senior final on Thursday night

Bolded for emphasis.

Pretty sure Chris Scott said Hawkins and Guthrie wouldn't play this week but implied they were aiming for the week after.

Of course we only play the week after if our VFL team loses this match. So I'm not sure the club would be too devastated to lose this and go the long way.

Seems very risky to play Hawkins in the vfl but it would be good to see how he’s moving in a game rather than just at training. Guthrie I will be surprised if he plays any footy again this year.

It’ll be a really tough game this week, Werribee are a powerhouse team in this league. Be great if we can get a win, I’ll be trying to get there for the game. It’s a nice ground to watch footy at and plenty of food and drink options before or after the game nearby. Hope there are lots of cats fans there.

Seems very risky to play Hawkins in the vfl but it would be good to see how he’s moving in a game rather than just at training. Guthrie I will be surprised if he plays any footy again this year.

It’ll be a really tough game this week, Werribee are a powerhouse team in this league. Be great if we can get a win, I’ll be trying to get there for the game. It’s a nice ground to watch footy at and plenty of food and drink options before or after the game nearby. Hope there are lots of cats fans there.
Expect cats to play those on cusp of AFL for limited minutes as only 5 days till AFL final and Stewart and Humphries must be in some doubt

With the afl game thursday night we will need a couple of travelling emgs.one will be bews as he cant play vfl due to playing afl round 24. Mullin might be the other.
They wont risk sdk in vfl.

Knevitt clark parf etc will play vfl and moc might be back.
I reckon we would have to get through to vfl prelim before hawk is ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back