VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, I'm not convinced that Miers (doesn't really play forward that much anyway, even if he is nominally a forward), Close (not a big goal-kicker but does some nice things) Stengle (clearly our #1 small forward), and Mannagh (had great impact this year), is necessarily a "locked and loaded" set-up for years to come.

I wouldn't mind seeing Willis get some senior game time next year. I know he tends to vanish when pushed into the midfield, but he's had consistent impact with low possessions as a forward in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I'm not convinced that Miers (doesn't really play forward that much anyway, even if he is nominally a forward), Close (not a big goal-kicker but does some nice things) Stengle (clearly our #1 small forward), and Mannagh (had great impact this year), is necessarily a "locked and loaded" set-up for years to come.

I wouldn't mind seeing Willis get some senior game time next year. I know he tends to vanish when pushed into the midfield, but he's had consistent impact with low possessions as a forward in the VFL.
I agree that he should get more time to see what we have. Would be disappointed that he has disappeared in MF. Concerning as he seems to have the attributes but doesn’t look like he can pick up the positioning (which he should have by now)… But as a small forward he certainly looks like he has something…hard positon to get into Cats right now

Starting to get really worried about Jhye Clark.

I'm not seeing anywhere near enough to be as confident as others that he will be a very good AFL player.

Still a kid, still plenty of time on his side... But I want him to be showing much more at this level.
Meh, give him another preseason

Decent win.

Hardie and parfitt doing decent things in their farewell tour.
I liked some things that both clark stevens and willis did today.
Lets hope weribbee do us a solid and we get the double chance.

Should we omit Shaun & Lawson to boost our VFL finals chances...

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

4th really is a below par outcome for this season. We've blown top 2 big time.
The mudheap v Footscray and the shambles last week will cost us a chance at the VFL premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back