VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Mannagh Mullin and Clohesy all putting hands WAY the **** up for mext week.

GO CAtters

Mannagh Mullin and Clohesy all putting hands WAY the **** up for mext week.

GO CAtters

Mannagh has to go up.
6 goals 21 touches 6 clearances and 10 tackles. If they wanted defensive work from him they got it.

Mullin is too good for VFL but not quite there yet for AFL.

So many positive signs from him

But maybe it is just about spending the rest of the year in the VFL to refine a few things

Has a super boot, if only he got his hands on the ball more than half a dozen times a game
and could make a turn better than a tanker

GO CAtters

Mannagh has to go up.
6 goals 21 touches 6 clearances and 10 tackles. If they wanted defensive work from him they got it.
He has to play next week surely. Unbelievable game he played.

Then again Scott said Ollie Henry is going to play next week as well so I’m not sure who comes out.

But based off that Mannagh has to come in.

Last edited:
He has to play next week surely.
Then again Scott said Ollie Henry is going to play next week as well so I’m not sure who comes out.
I can’t seen Mannagh getting a run.

Ollie Henry to come back in.

Rohan went well.

Stengle went well.

I think Dempsey has taken a bit of Close’s game away from him and possibly Close could come out but doubt he will.

Still… think Mannagh was very stiff to be drafted by a club that doesn’t need him.

I got the feeling that Chris Scott was sending a message to some VFL players when he said at a presser that just because Hawkins is out don’t assume Neale will play every game for the next 8 weeks.

The hunger to bang down the door and show the right attitude was evident across the whole VFL team. Probably helps that Humphries and Knevitt got games showing that good VFL form (eventually) gets rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rohan went well.

Stengle went well.

I think Dempsey has taken a bit of Close’s game away from him and possibly Close could come out but doubt he will.

Still… think Mannagh was very stiff to be drafted by a club that doesn’t need him.
If he can’t get a game after kicking 6, having 21 and 10 tackles then I don’t know what would get him in.

Rohan went well.

Stengle went well.

I’ve been pretty hard on Mannagher but you don’t kick 6 goals, have 21 and 10 tackles and not get selected for the AFL the following week. Clark comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be playing Mannagh in the middle or on the wing in the senior team, of course he would spend time forward as well. But I don’t think we need to be finding a forward to come out for him.
Plenty of options for players he could replace: Duncan, Tuohy, O’Connor, Clark, Atkins, Knevitt

I’d be playing Mannagh in the middle or on the wing in the senior team, of course he would spend time forward as well. But I don’t think we need to be finding a forward to come out for him.
Plenty of options for players he could replace: Duncan, Tuohy, O’Connor, Clark, Atkins, Knevitt

I'd be disappointed if he replaced Knevitt

If we're asking for Mannagh to get a run of games in the seniors, then it's only fair to ask the same of Mitch after his form & not putting a foot wrong last night

Clark seems an obvious choice

Or rotating out the veterans in Duncan & Tuohy

If we're going to play Stewart more in the guts, we may need to keep O'Connor in the 22 with him returning to a defensive type role also

I'd be disappointed if he replaced Knevitt

If we're asking for Mannagh to get a run of games in the seniors, then it's only fair to ask the same of Mitch after his form & not putting a foot wrong last night

Clark seems an obvious choice

Or rotating out the veterans in Duncan & Tuohy

If we're going to play Stewart more in the guts, we may need to keep O'Connor in the 22 with him returning to a defensive type role also
Yes I’d be happy for Knevitt to get a run in the team I’m not sold on him as a player so would be good to see what he can do with a few games.
He has played well in the vfl but he hasn’t demanded selection like Mannagh, Lawson and Hardie have.
I just think Mannagh has to play so there are options to find a place for him in the side.

I think there are other options to go back rather than O’Connor but if he does play it has to be down back and not midfield.

How did Stanley go today?

I thought he was putting together a strong first 3 quarters

Then he was involved in a marking contest where he had his legs taken out - he went straight down to the rooms at 3/4 time with one of the staff and didn't see him come back out

The only one he could replace is Clark. The others can all contest in the air. Mannagh cannot

Has a super boot, if only he got his hands on the ball more than half a dozen times a game

His kicking is great but hes averaging like 4touches a game some games. He needs to lift his involvements that like willis is starting to.

Rohan went well.

Stengle went well.

Oh, we need him, but just won't play him.

He just hasn't been able to get his name into Scotty's little black book for some reason.

The only one he could replace is Clark. The others canal contest in the air. Mannagh cannot

Mannagh doesnt need to contest in the air, because he adds speed away from the stoppage that we really need (see how danger impacted last night).
Our side should be versatile enough that other players like dempsey (when up the field),bowes, oconnor, knevitt, stewart (when in midfield) can do those roles etc. CS always preaches we have a versatile side now is the time to prove thats not politician words. Because on form mannagh just has to play. In any case i would drop clark for him but thats not the broader point.

Rohan went well.

Stengle went well.

Why does everyone magically think he will agree to stay here next year to play vfl then? (Because people seem to disagree everytime anyone says mannagh will ask for a trade).

On the latter mannagh is playing better than half a dozen blokes in the 22 (including but not limited to the one who was sub last night).
He needs to go in.

And while i get all the forwards you are mentioning he is not a forward hes a goalkicking midfielder. And we are desperately short on mids.its not hard to find him a spot.

We also need to be smart. If we play him now and he plays for a month the way he did today we might get back at least a pick similar to what we used on him in a trade (hes the sort of player a team that loses a prelim this year might pay to get). Whereas if we dont play him now we will be lucky to get p70 in a trade at the end of the year. Which means we are strengthening a competitor (only a top 8 team will want him) for nix or keeping a player who we have treated shabbily (which is not great for our recruitment image). Even if the coaches dont want him long term (which is odd bc the recruiting team that drafted him clearly does) you need to be smart about it and not shoot yourself in the foot.
Mackie having worked in our recruitment team would understand that and he probably needs to have a chat with the coaches about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back